Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

10/29 - Bay Area Mini Meet - Emeryville to San Francisco AFTERMATH

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-05 | 10:42 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
It was great seeing some of you guys again. Liz you're a savage for managing to get across a few lanes of traffic and making that exit I was scared that we had lost you. Thanks Jeff for putting my chipped lip on blast now I have to get it repainted lol. Good thing I didn't go with you guys to that haunted place...it looks pretty scary......
Hey, your lip's not chipped...that was just, uh, dust!...and water drops from the puddles in the parking lot, yeah!

Sorry for the fast left to the exit! My nav was telling me Harrison and I know they closed that exit and I hadn't been out that way since so I made a last-minute decision My apologies for the scare! Nice driving skills though, Liz

Punk Dude in the prelude in front of me sprayed me with his wiper fluid on the bridge just moments before so my judgment was a little cloudy for a few minutes
Old 10-30-05 | 10:56 PM
Jimbo2828
Pole Position

this was one of the funniest meets ive been too. thanks to Ryan for setting this up. had a lot of fun drive back into the city to go bowling with Mike. "damn this guy drives his car like he stole it"
im still saying to myself i drove an NSX. thanks Chan. thats one thing off my list of TO DO's. next thing on the list maybe climb everest
Old 10-31-05 | 12:13 AM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

I have to agree this is one of the best mini meets we had. Again thanks to all those that put this together and everyone that showed up. Lunch was good, I never thought that ostrige buger would be that good.
Upon leaving the the shopping center, was that fun or what? Some of us paid for our ticket after lunch but hung out and and to add and extra dollar to get out. It did take us awhile but we made it out.
I hope everyone had fun bowling, I know I did. We need to do this again!
If anyone else wants to drive an NSX let me know and I'll bring it again to one of the meets.

Full tank of gas $38.00
Lunch + parking $14.00
Bowling $15.00
Fun/enjoyment and hanging out = PRICELESS
Old 10-31-05 | 12:27 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by inkblot
Hey, your lip's not chipped...that was just, uh, dust!...and water drops from the puddles in the parking lot, yeah!

Sorry for the fast left to the exit! My nav was telling me Harrison and I know they closed that exit and I hadn't been out that way since so I made a last-minute decision My apologies for the scare! Nice driving skills though, Liz

Punk Dude in the prelude in front of me sprayed me with his wiper fluid on the bridge just moments before so my judgment was a little cloudy for a few minutes
You're telling me!! That punk got me with his nasty windshield fluid AND he wouldn't let me across near harrison. What a jerk. Yes those aren't chips....it's just uh....the specks of dust on the floor reflecting off of the water from the sunlight causing the illusion of chips on my lip. YEAH. Disco ball effect. Woopee
Old 10-31-05 | 04:40 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Talking

Originally Posted by markgs4
..just to add to my last post, the high blood pressure and red lights were well worth me FINALLY getting my club lexus decals!!!! THANKS LIZ!!!!
No problem. Club Lexus rules! Spread the word. haha
It's a good thing I remembered those, almost forgot them. And someone had to show me the back had the colors written on them otherwise I'd still be opening up each one to check. hehe I was still a little slow from night before.

WOW, nice pictures you guys!

I had a GREAT time at this meet. Nice seeing all the usual suspects out and about!
and nice meeting a few new peeps as well!
Oh boy was I slow getting it together on Saturday afternoon. I didn't get into the city until 7 pm on Friday and I dropped my bags at my friend's place and they took me to dinner where there was a lot of Sake being poured. I went to bed at about 3 am, woke up, went to breakfast, called Ron about 12:45 pm to see if we were on time from take off point, showered, dressed, and somehow I was STILL late even though Jamba Juice was only 5 minutes away. lol The drive over was crazy as we lost James on the offramp and I barely made it across about 3 lanes. Had to pull an aggressive multi lane cross over.

The security guard was cool as he didn't hassle us and even said he'd "keep an eye out" on our cars.
Mike (97SC), your manny platinum SC is the car I always used to drool over in the dealership before I was able to afford my first Lexus. Nice sound system too.
Thanks to Chan (Drukinfoolio) for my 80's cd, I was rockin' out at the top of my lungs on the drive over to Presidio. Also thanks to Chris (Lightwave76) for gift certificate to one of my favorite stores, I'll be putting that to good use very soon.

On the drive over to Presidio we all got split up. Half the cars left before us as we were waiting for a few girls to finish up shopping, then getting out with those parking tickets was a problem. Another security guard came over and yelled at us for sitting by a red curb. It got worse at the toll booth on Bay Bridge as all the cars mash together and I realized if I got seperated I'd be in big trouble getting lost. Luckily I stayed behind Jeff (inkblot) because his blue IS is easy to spot and tried to keep up with him and miss_IS300. Another aggressive multi lane cross exit saved me from getting seperated from them.

After driving halfway through the heart of the city I realized I still had Ken's walkie talkie in my car and switched on to talk to the other groups that got seperated. We all reconnected on Lombard and it was (almost) smooth driving from there until we got lost inside Precidio and did a wedding drive - by twice. Wedding crashers anyone? haha
In the parking lot, Drukinfoolio, Jimbo, and 97SC all decided to swap cars for a test run around the parking lot. We had 2 SC's and a NSX zipping around the parking lot. Good fun.

Bowling was fun, but unfortunately my team lost! Although those few beers helped me to play a little better, at least I got one strike and one spare in there.

Boy was the Sunday drive home hard. My friends took me out again on Saturday night and I tried to get going while it was still daylight, but the time change screwed me all up. I left the city about 1:30 pm. I was so tired by the time I got home and crashed out on the couch about 9 or 10 last night with all lights on and tv on too. Thanks to Ryan for calling me to keep me awake on the drive back, but he didn't leave the city until about 6 pm! Talk about tired, at least I don't have to go to work today. haha

Thanks Ryan for setting up the meet and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the next one!

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 10-31-05 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-31-05 | 08:58 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
I went to bed at about 3 am, woke up, went to breakfast, called Ron about 12:45 pm to see if we were on time from take off point, showered, dressed, and somehow I was STILL late even though Jamba Juice was only 5 minutes away. lol The drive over was crazy as we lost James on the offramp and I barely made it across about 3 lanes. Had to pull an aggresive multi lane cross over.
Yup, I can't believe you were still late. I got there a little late myself and the guys there Jim & James were like park, Liz isn't here yet. I'm like she called me earlier she should have made it here by now. Anyways nice skillz there at the powell street exit! I wonder what the guy in the jeep thought. I was like WHOA, looked like a 90 turn.
Old 10-31-05 | 09:13 AM
SCREAMMMMM
Driver School Candidate

I took some pics too I will up load them tomorrow I forgot to bring my camera to work...
Old 10-31-05 | 10:01 AM
JyGS430
Pole Position

I had a GREAT time at this meet. Nice seeing all the usual suspects out and about!
and nice meeting a few new peeps as well!
Oh boy was I slow getting it together on Saturday afternoon. I didn't get into the city until 7 pm on Friday and I dropped my bags at my friend's place and they took me to dinner where there was a lot of Sake being poured. I went to bed at about 3 am, woke up, went to breakfast, called Ron about 12:45 pm to see if we were on time from take off point, showered, dressed, and somehow I was STILL late even though Jamba Juice was only 5 minutes away. lol The drive over was crazy as we lost James on the offramp and I barely made it across about 3 lanes. Had to pull an aggresive multi lane cross over.
First off, props to Ryan for setting this up.....but I will never listen to Ryan's instructions again!! (just kidding).

To expand on this, I had an easy time crossing over the few lanes to the Powell exit and was going to change over to the right exit lane behind Jim, when I remember the post from Ryan that I printed out, which said in bright red: "You CANNOT Exit Powell Street coming from either Bay Bridge or 880 North! Take the Ashby Ave/Shellmound Exit" . I'm thinking that Ryan must know something that Jim doesn't, that maybe the exit is re-routed or that you can't turn into the mall area (or it was like all the bridge retrofit work where certain onramps in SF were closed on certain weekends). So at the last second I continued to the Ashby exit.

Then I took a big "scenic" detour (w/ a couple wrong turns included), stuck in massive traffic (it took 3 light changes to make a left at one intersection!!!), and to top it off I sorta played musical parking spaces at the 3rd level of the Bay Mall garage.

Anyways, it was nice seeing everyone. Just wish I could've cruised to the Presidio w/ you and bowled. Did I miss the post, but did anyone say who won the bowling? CL or IS.net?
Old 10-31-05 | 10:48 AM
Neo
The One

Thanks to Chan (Drukinfoolio) for my 80's cd, I was rockin' out at the top of my lungs on the drive over to Precidio.

On the drive over to Precidio we all got split up.

We all reconnected on Lombard and it was (almost) smooth driving from there until we got lost inside Precidio and did a wedding drive - by twice.
One time could be a typo. 2 times? Coiincidence maybe. But 3? I think you mean Presidio. You are forgiven as you are a SoCal person. Just playing with you Liz.

I also see that you have GREATLY expanded the post from the initial one.

I do miss being in NorCal sometimes.
Old 10-31-05 | 11:11 AM
inkblot
Pole Position

Maybe she was listening to Phil Collins...she could've had Sussudio on the brain!

-J
Old 10-31-05 | 12:12 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Hahahahaha.....it was a typo, hey! I was up at 4 am posting. I was rockin' out to the whole cd. Gotta love 80's music.
The 2 aggressive lane changes was not a typo, I did it twice, otherwise it would mean BIG problems for me if I got lost. haha

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 10-31-05 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-31-05 | 12:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Neo
One time could be a typo. 2 times? Coiincidence maybe. But 3? I think you mean Presidio. You are forgiven as you are a SoCal person. Just playing with you Liz.

I also see that you have GREATLY expanded the post from the initial one.

I do miss being in NorCal sometimes.
chris, maybe soon it will all be in socal
Old 11-01-05 | 10:50 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

here are some that I took, mostly of the small GS delegation (the 4 of us)...

Those of us that reached the Presidio first had a visitor, who pulled up to check out what we were about....but I honestly think he wanted some of the NSX!!!

Old 11-01-05 | 10:52 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Here's my share of the pics:

More photos here:

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...y.php/cat/3422
Old 11-02-05 | 09:18 AM
JdmLs400
Rookie

Thumbs up

man.. no LS's? i think i'll bring mine out when its all done, well atleast the bodywork... and interior.. haha man its never coming out.. haaha but yeah.. goodstuff guys.

Quick Reply: 10/29 - Bay Area Mini Meet - Emeryville to San Francisco AFTERMATH