Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

10/29 - Bay Area Mini Meet - Emeryville to San Francisco AFTERMATH

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-05, 09:52 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts
Default 10/29 - Bay Area Mini Meet - Emeryville to San Francisco AFTERMATH

It was another great meet! The Bay Area regulars and some new faces as well. Weather turned out better than expected from a cloudy foggy morning to clear and sunny skies. Thanks to Glen, Ron, Rolo, Solo, Elizabeth and everyone else that assisted with some of the logistics. Thanks to Jon for those awesome photos...and thanks to everyone for coming out to the "Mini" meet that was about 22 cars strong. We had 18 cars drive across the East Bay to the City in 2 groups of 9. We all made it one piece Through the crazy streets of San Francisco and snaking our way through the Presidio crashing a few weddings in the process. LOL. Bowling at the Presidio was alot of fun. CL vs. my.IS. We will definitely do this again! Took more photos over by Chrissy Field right by some deserted old haunted looking buildings. Saw an at the time unkown CL member with a cleanly modded Silver 2nd Gen GS. Along the way we passed a huge Vespa scooter gang driving through the darkness of the Presidio. Then we saw some people in their costumes walking over to their Halloween parties...one chick was dressed as Laura Croft. We ended the night eating at Chevy's at Stonestown and then we called it a night. Whew! Thanks again to those who came. See you guys again soon!

Here are some pics below taken by Jon (JAEohEN) from our mini meet yesterday:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=271394

I will upload my pics when I get home. No time to resize them up here!
Old 10-30-05, 09:53 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Here's Jon's post on my.IS:

Originally Posted by JAEohEN
firstoff...let me tip my hat (crooked/backwards because im a thug) to ryan for organizing this "mini" meet....

it was an excellent turnout and the location was perfect...the lot accomodated all of our cars perfectly...

good seeing some old faces- SOOOOOOOOOLO/rolo/brian/manny/glenn. nice to finally meet some people i talked to on the board- 01msmIS/screeeaeaammm(joe)

for those who wernt fortunate enough to see who won the .net vs club lexus bowling challenge...pics will be provided..

i took a lot of pics today, and itll take awhile before i get them all up...but in know some of you are online and bored....so heres a few teasers from our day

heres a little panorama...im working on stitching a 360 degree one together right now...having some trouble haha...

the rims of rolo....very damn sexy...

rolos car got the love today...

Old 10-30-05, 09:54 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Here are more...

Originally Posted by JAEohEN

oh yeah...one of these was there too...

matador red...with a clear bra...

rolo...the barry bonds of bolwing

brian/bchaugt's car...finally kitted, and its SUPER clean...would look better with the s/c intercooler though, haha

ooohh...whats that i see in the rear view?

if you dont like ryans car...you are crazy....this car is just soo clean..

thats all for now...be back later with more pics-jon
Old 10-30-05, 09:57 AM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol I got there late but still had a good time, thanks for letting me come along guys. I guess someone has to remind you that there are crazy *** people out there who actually want to mod thier LS's
Old 10-30-05, 10:28 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Group Photo. I had to photoshop Ryan in this.

Old 10-30-05, 02:40 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
We had 18 cars drive across the East Bay to the City in 2 groups of 9. We all made it one piece Through the crazy streets of San Francisco and snaking our way through the Presidio crashing a few weddings in the process.
Man, let me just say that my blood pressure went up from our 4 car carvaan.....not knowing where we were going, and not having navi, I was sticking to our cars like white on rice,....I counted 3 red lights that I ran...but drunkenfoolio in the NSX running the red light from a complete stop to enter the Presidio was crazy!!! hahaha!

I had a lot of fun, wish I couldve stayed later at the bowling alley, but I needed to leave while there was still light out to find my way out of the city!!! All I gotta say that the next time we do that, Im upgrading to big brakes and going with staggered fat setup...cause them SF streets and hills are BRUTAL!!!!

Thanks to everyone for organizing this meet, and it was good seeing everyone again from the EOS meet. Give me about two more of these, and I'll actually start remembering everyones real names (vs. screenames).
Old 10-30-05, 02:42 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

..just to add to my last post, the high blood pressure and red lights were well worth me FINALLY getting my club lexus decals!!!! THANKS LIZ!!!!
Old 10-30-05, 02:49 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

That was definitely alot of fun!
Great to see all you regulars and meeting a lot of the new folks. Wish I had a chance to talk to everyone more...oh well, we just gotta have another meet soon, right?

It's funny...it takes a SoCal guy to get us NorCal people to meet up Thanks Ryan for setting this up. Let's do this again soon and if we decide to go bowling, I'll be sure to bring my magical blue ball, hahaha.

Great pics Jon! I'll post mine later when I get a chance to resize some of them. Rolo and I captured some interesting elements in our pics...there were definitely "others" out at Chrissy field nearby that we couldn't see muahahahaha! We should probably throw those into a Halloween CL thread! lol

-Jeff
Old 10-30-05, 02:57 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Group Photo. I had to photoshop Ryan in this.
Haha. That is hilarious. Where is Glen and Liz?
Old 10-30-05, 05:08 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Neo
Haha. That is hilarious. Where is Glen and Liz?
Glen left the meet before we got around to the group photo and Liz well she's a little camera shy.

Hey Mark, sorry for making you guys run those lights to keep up with me. I did stop to wait for you guys on one or two of those. It was kinda funny crashing that wedding with our 4 car caravan and then the other 9 car caravan Ryan was leading. I guess the Nav is a bit off.
Old 10-30-05, 05:35 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Hey Mark, sorry for making you guys run those lights to keep up with me. I did stop to wait for you guys on one or two of those. It was kinda funny crashing that wedding with our 4 car caravan and then the other 9 car caravan Ryan was leading. I guess the Nav is a bit off.
It was all good bro....its was actually fun and a good break from my old-man driving habits!!! Thanks for not splashing me when we hit that flood street
Old 10-30-05, 08:16 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

A few pics...

Old 10-30-05, 08:17 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Honorary CL car of the day

We kinda took over Van Ness

Old 10-30-05, 08:18 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

A Presidio house decked out for Halloween

The wedding we crashed...twice!

We parked near this creepy building...
Old 10-30-05, 10:22 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

It was great seeing some of you guys again. Liz you're a savage for managing to get across a few lanes of traffic and making that exit I was scared that we had lost you. Thanks Jeff for putting my chipped lip on blast now I have to get it repainted lol. Good thing I didn't go with you guys to that haunted place...it looks pretty scary......

Quick Reply: 10/29 - Bay Area Mini Meet - Emeryville to San Francisco AFTERMATH