Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Road Force Balancing!! Santa Clara, CA

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-06, 01:38 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by braheem
Hunter 9700 is no longer the latest technology in wheel balancing
Latest isn't always the greatest. The BFH 1000 is designed to eliminate operator mistakes by simplifying the process. There is no way you can simulate the tire on the road with some sonars and lasers.
I think the load balance technology isn't going anywhere. It might get a little cheaper to stay competitive with the newer technologies, but that's just better for us.

Cusom Alignment has trained professionals using their machines, and that's what makes all the difference in the world. You can have the greatest technology, but when you have a monkey operate it, you're not gonna get the potential results.

Cheers,
~Alan
Old 08-03-06, 02:00 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPORTcoupe
Latest isn't always the greatest. The BFH 1000 is designed to eliminate operator mistakes by simplifying the process. There is no way you can simulate the tire on the road with some sonars and lasers.
I think the load balance technology isn't going anywhere. It might get a little cheaper to stay competitive with the newer technologies, but that's just better for us.

Cusom Alignment has trained professionals using their machines, and that's what makes all the difference in the world. You can have the greatest technology, but when you have a monkey operate it, you're not gonna get the potential results.

Cheers,
~Alan
Well wouldnt the Lexus dealership hire trained professionals to run their machines? I'm leaning more toward the dealership mainly because its more conveniently located to my house. Then hopefully we get discounts at Custom Alignment at EOS so I can do that later.
Old 08-03-06, 02:02 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LiqrSicc
So whats the difference between getting my alignment done at Lexus vs gettin it done at Custom Alignment. Both have the Hunter 9700 and Lexus will only charge me $99 compared to maybe $200 at Custom.

Well unfortunately, you did not attend the Meet /Seminar at Custom Alignment held 6 weeks ago, where they discussed many things over a 2 hour time period.

One key item is for those with lowered cars, wider tires, different wheel offsets and other suspension mods, Custom Alignment effectively TUNES your suspension to optimize the performance enhancements. Other people have gone to them for vibrational issues, etc,. that other shops are not able to diagnose or fix.

Custom Alignment does not use OEM specs to align such cars as it is not optimal. In fact no two cars have exactly the same specs, as ride height , tires sizes all factor in to the final specs.

If you have a bone stock suspension and standard tire/wheel set up then going to Lexus will be just fine. On the other hand I might point out that people with RV's or large trucks , go to Custom Alignment because of special alignment issues that standard shops are not able to resolve.

As a side note: Lexus Corporate actually received consultation from Custom Alignment, before implementing the use of the Hunter 9700's at the service centers. Custom Alignment was actually used as a beta test site, for Hunter.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-03-06 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-03-06, 04:15 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with RMMGs4.

1. If you car is not modded, then go to the dealership.
2. If you are mildly lowered and don't need specs to be optimal, the dealership is also OK (although a specialized shop is still better).
3. If you want the car to be in optimal driving condition with your driving style/taste taken into account, the custom shop is your best bet. This is regardless of modding but it should be even more a consideration if your suspension/wheels are ot OEM.
Old 08-03-06, 04:33 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Ok, you guys made your point. I guess I'll go ahead and contact them for an appointment.
Old 08-03-06, 05:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i agree with rmmgs4 and neo as well. it depends on your need, but with what a lot of us are driving, i have pretty much determined to go to special custom shops from now on.

btw, i read from another thread that kevin has left custom alignment. he's been the one working on my car all the time. i definitely hope they continue to high level of service and technical background
Old 08-03-06, 07:16 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bring your car by AMERICA'S TIRE CO. The one off of Brokaw Rd right across the street from Fry's. I work there so I will make sure they take care of you. We have the same Hunter balancer that custom alignment has so if you are close and want to stop by, just feel free and come when ever. Im there most of the time.
Old 08-03-06, 08:09 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Just bring your car by AMERICA'S TIRE CO. The one off of Brokaw Rd right across the street from Fry's. I work there so I will make sure they take care of you. We have the same Hunter balancer that custom alignment has so if you are close and want to stop by, just feel free and come when ever. Im there most of the time.

Thanks I wish it was that easy... I live in Roseville and work in Concord
Old 08-03-06, 08:17 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Wow thats quite a commute. I was going to commute from Yuba City to San Jose for work but I just decided to move back to San Jose. But yeah there is a shop located in Folsom. Go check them out!
Old 08-03-06, 10:02 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Wow thats quite a commute. I was going to commute from Yuba City to San Jose for work but I just decided to move back to San Jose. But yeah there is a shop located in Folsom. Go check them out!
Yeah about 80 minutes tops. Man I want to go get it done at CustomAlignment but my schedule is just too hectic. I might just have to bring it somewhere close and just get the Custom alignment later on when my schedule clears up.
Old 08-03-06, 11:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow damn, i wonder if you have seen me before. i used to go to that fry's pretty often
Old 08-05-06, 06:17 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
wow damn, i wonder if you have seen me before. i used to go to that fry's pretty often
Haha I might have. I do see alot of modded Lexus drive by to go to Fry's. We have also gotten quite a few modded SCs at the shop also. Im just wondering why I dont see them at any of the meets?
Old 08-05-06, 07:35 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha I might have. I do see alot of modded Lexus drive by to go to Fry's. We have also gotten quite a few modded SCs at the shop also. Im just wondering why I dont see them at any of the meets?
You should be recruiting.
Old 08-07-06, 09:06 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

America's Tire on Broadway in Walnut Creek, behind Mercedes.
Old 08-07-06, 11:36 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
You should be recruiting.
Hahah yeah you are right I should be. I always encourage other SC owners to come out but they always end up giving me some type of excuse.