Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

HIN San Jose

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-06, 11:25 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Show was okay. The highlight of the night...cars getting pulled over left and right after people rolled out. That undercover green 98+ Honda Accord that pulled over a few cars was pretty insane.
Old 02-26-06, 11:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Show was okay. The highlight of the night...cars getting pulled over left and right after people rolled out. That undercover green 98+ Honda Accord that pulled over a few cars was pretty insane.
wow really? so they crack down people like that now huh? hahaa, more reasons not go to hin i guess

too bad i couldn't meet up with you guys on friday
Old 02-27-06, 06:31 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got pulled over leaving the damn show! I am waiting for some hate mail directed towards the City of San Jose. We bring revenue and business to their city, they fucq us in the ***.
Old 02-27-06, 07:51 AM
kokonutjc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's some pics from the show CARS and Models
Old 02-27-06, 08:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by kaotiq
I got pulled over leaving the damn show! I am waiting for some hate mail directed towards the City of San Jose. We bring revenue and business to their city, they fucq us in the ***.
what did you get pulled over for?
Old 02-27-06, 09:20 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
what did you get pulled over for?
He gave me "modified exhaust and modified emissions." I got lucky... he was nice enough to not give me a state ref even after looking under the hood and examining my turbo. All correctable violations.

The other guys that I talked to from Team Hokori, after the show, all got state refs. Messed up.
Old 02-27-06, 09:26 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear that Geoff. Good thing you didn't get a state ref.
Old 02-27-06, 10:01 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

I cant believe the pulled a bunch of you guys over while leaving the show. This whole crackdown things is out of control, I mean are they going to wait outside every auto show like that? Sorry about the state ref tickets....
Old 02-27-06, 10:51 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Luckily mine and Solo's car were the first ones out and got the cars home before the whole fiasco started. Came back to see 4 cars in a row with popped hoods, pulled over by two marked police cars and a Honda Accord We cruised around town to see this happening everywhere.
Old 02-27-06, 11:33 AM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

That's really a shame...guess they knew there would be a bunch of modified cars around for them to bust...cops really suck sometimes!!

Glad I didn't go....
Old 02-27-06, 11:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by kaotiq
He gave me "modified exhaust and modified emissions." I got lucky... he was nice enough to not give me a state ref even after looking under the hood and examining my turbo. All correctable violations.

The other guys that I talked to from Team Hokori, after the show, all got state refs. Messed up.
wtf? this is a shame on the san jose police, just pure shame.... if that's the case then for sure i will not be seen at any of the shows anymore, either as participant or spectator. this is just retarded... i don't even know how to put it in words.
Old 02-27-06, 12:32 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
wtf? this is a shame on the san jose police, just pure shame.... if that's the case then for sure i will not be seen at any of the shows anymore, either as participant or spectator. this is just retarded... i don't even know how to put it in words.

what bothers me the most is the fact that the City of San Jose knew of this event. They knew that we would bring a lot of revenue in for the city. I guess they just decided that they needed extra revenue. This is the last time that I will be seen in the city of San Jose for any type of auto enthusiast event.

Here is the best part. When my friend and I were waiting in my car for the cop to write my ticket, this female cop was on the radio with the other officers. Here is what she said VERBATIM, "Hey send some guys to market street. They're all exiting the halls in that direction."

wtf. Seriously.
Old 02-27-06, 01:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

oh man, are you really thinking that these pull-overs and tickets are only for the better of the environment? please.... is it to make sure people drive well? please..... i have been in car shows, and while there are always (surprise) some idiotic kids doing stunts, MAJORITY of the group are very well behaved, they drive slow, carefully, cautious, and considerate. but then of course you get such a poor city in needs to make quick cash. i strongly believe they knew this event coming and take advantage of it to make some serious cash
Old 02-27-06, 09:10 PM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

thats why Vision should have kept the show in San Mateo rather in the downtown crowded, bad parking area of San Jose.........what a mistake that was.........

San Mateo all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-06, 09:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

let's just hope it's not the start of the whole cali crackdown, if so they san mateo wil be the same

Quick Reply: HIN San Jose