Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Please recmmend scratch removing place!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-06, 11:06 AM
Insomnia
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please recommend scratch removing place!

I have a few scratches on my trunk (thanks to haters) that I want to get fixed. I live in the Bay area.... could you guys recommend someone who is really good and wont charge an arm and a leg to do the job?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by Insomnia; 02-28-06 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-01-06, 11:50 AM
Insomnia
Pole Position

I am surprised no one responded ... has no one here had scratches removed? I am looking for some good references.
Old 03-01-06, 12:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

how deep? all the way to metal? if so you basically need body shop to repaint the whole thing
Old 03-01-06, 12:32 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have pictures? Can you feel the scratches easily with your hand ? We need to figure out if they can be buffed out or too far, which means painting.

What part of the bay area do you prefer a shop?

You'll hopefully get more input if we know more about what the severity is.
Old 03-01-06, 03:36 PM
Insomnia
Pole Position

They are not deep to the metal. I would also like to get the rock chips on my front bumper/hood repaired. I live in Mountain View... so Santa Clara, sunnyvale, san jose, and surrounding areas should be ok. I am also considering getting the car detailed as the rain season is almost over.

Thanks for the replaies guys....
Old 03-03-06, 03:24 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think we're always due for some April showers here in NorCal.

For rock chips, it is almost impossible to do it right. Usually you can hit the big rock chips, which will then bring to your attention all the smaller rock chips. There may be too many to be worth it. I haven't seen a place that could touch up chips and make it look as good as new. I'd say from 10 feet away they can make it look better, but at 10 feet away, who's looking at rock chips anyway.

Usually this is where people just paint the whole hood and put on a clear bra afterwards.

As far as the scratches, it's hard to say how deep is too deep. A good buff / detail job will get rid of it or atleast hide it a lot.

Any detailer should be able to buff out scratches. I think this type of repair has to be looked at before an estimate can be given.

I don't have any specific recommendations on detailers that personally have done business with . Anybody out there know of detailers thay can trust??

Let us know if you find a place. This question gets brought up once in a while, but we never seem to get a unanimous recommendation.
Old 03-06-06, 03:26 PM
Insomnia
Pole Position

Members that have had panels repainted, or car detailed and had good experiences... Please speak up!

Thanks
Old 03-09-06, 12:45 PM
haniiip
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've had very good service from this place and they don't charge an arm and a leg,,,more like a finger only. business name is Sun Body and Paint located along Mission Blvd in Hayward.

btw, hello to everyone. i'm new to this club as i just got hold of my first lexus (IS250) last monday.

- haniiip
Old 06-13-09, 10:48 PM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

any updates on this thread? My uncle has an LS460 and somebody keyed his car from the rear fender all the way on the side to the hood. He's really pissed off and i looked at it today, and couldnt feel anything with my nail. I suggested that he try and buff it out before repainting it. any other suggestions? he lives in the east bay though im sure he wouldnt mind going further for a good place

Last edited by RXSF; 06-13-09 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-13-09, 11:07 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Only info i got is i went to where lexus brings some of there cars to get repainted or fixed and they charged me 1k+ for a 8 inch key mark in the side back of my 07 gs350. They told me to go through my insurance and the hourly service charge plus work will be much cheaper.. so im going thru my insurance with a 250 deductable