Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

3rd Annual Nor Cal Cruise Aftermath Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-06, 02:14 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cvc10851
1. Whats up with all the lies and excuses? You didnt want to go to the dinner for the same reason I didnt want to go. TOO FAR!! Gas sucks.

2. That was indeed a really fun road to drive on off of 121 but i have no idea what your talking about. We drove responsibly on those twisties.

3. James "The mingle master"- Nice to meet you. Fix your headlights.
LOL I left out the too far reason but I'll have my puppy throw up on you the next time I see you for sure okay.
Old 03-12-06, 02:32 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like Glen has been busy posting up some of my pics in the gallery Ryan setup for this meet. Thanks Glen. I just posted up the panoramic we did at Saint Helena High School. I still can't believe thats a high school.
Old 03-12-06, 02:44 PM
cvc10851
Driver School Candidate

Yeah man that HS looks better than the college I went to.
Old 03-12-06, 05:43 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lightwave76
Prelude on the freeway that acting like an idiot. Everyone was laughing on the walkie talkies.
so why was the prelude guy acting like that? I didnt have a walkie talkie....
Old 03-12-06, 06:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by wolverine
so why was the prelude guy acting like that? I didnt have a walkie talkie....
guys, we need the complete stories......
Old 03-12-06, 07:36 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Looks like Glen has been busy posting up some of my pics in the gallery Ryan setup for this meet. Thanks Glen. I just posted up the panoramic we did at Saint Helena High School. I still can't believe thats a high school.
Yeah that high school looked like a museum. I will post the rest of the pics including mine tonight. It takes forever to upload 5 at a time.
Old 03-12-06, 07:47 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
guys, we need the complete stories......
I'll let someone with better story telling skills elaborate.

Nobody mentioned the neon green solara that was making me go blind, Will why did you have to point that out to me? Well I guess I would have eventually saw it, how could i miss it.
Old 03-12-06, 08:49 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

lol I saw that one and man I was disguted.
Old 03-12-06, 08:50 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, another NorCal SF Cruise meet in the bag. Great planning and execution from the NorCal team. Thanks to Ldynred and TAMR_GUS98 for scoping the location (+ the special Sat. morning treats), RMMGS4 for his leadership, Ron for his time, Solo for his artistic talent and Drukinfoolio for his personal tour of Napa Valley. If I missed someone, thanks a million to him/her for your quality contribution during your spare time.

And thanks to the folks who took photos; teton, BC-GS430, RMMGS4, TAMUR_GUS98 (plus his two assistants), flipside909, drunkifoolio and others. You guys got some great pics.

And big props to flipside909, even though he's got family up here in NorCal (blood-related and his extendend Norcal family) and his full-time duties in SoCal, it's hard going back and forth 3-4 times a year for continuous action from both sides of the spectrum.

It was nice to see old faces and new faces like Nubie400, wolverine, cvt10851, leeshdw, teton and others. Please make sure you stay connected and continue to be active as much as you can. These meets are for you guys/gals.

For thos who did not attend, you missed alot of things that went down that day.
The weather was terrific w/ sunshine, patchy fog and cold temperatures. Other than that, it did not rain at all until later that night. Traffic was a breeze at the start of the caravan from Hercules to Napa.
The walkie talkies came in handy and everyone communicated well in order to not lose anyone from the convoy. I would highly recommend a walkie talkie for future caravan and cruise meets.

Now the stories:

V. Sattui Winery. We got there just before high noon and found a nice parking section that fit all of our cars together. Took a goup picture and entered the food shop. I picked up a nice mild sherry wine, olives, french bread and ham and shared w/ everyone. Others ordered lunch from the deli. We found a picnic table and hung out there for lunch. After a few glasses, I lit up a nice Hoya De Nicaragua maduro stoogie and we shared stories. The two kids were chasing each other like it was a huge park at Disneyland. RMMGS4 was in his element entertaining the newbies and others over car-related topics (of course). There were strectched limos like H2's, Ford Excursions and the classic ones. This place was packing alot of wine afcionados as the day progressed.

As we finished our lunch gathering at V. Sattui winery, we stopped by a local high school and took a car group photo. The building looked like a small haunted castle from the Middle Ages.
Thru downtown St. Helena, a black Lambo caught the side our our eyes parked in a diner parking lot. We got a lot of stares from the locals rolling thru town. Not a cop in sight.

Drunkinfoolio (the only Porche Boxter) led entire Lexus convoy thru winding back roads of St. Helena as we glazed out our windows to the magnificent mansions, endless grapevines and the rolling Napa Valley landscape. There were too many wonderful places to take some more pictures and we tried to stop at a few spots along the way. One of those was at a winery which had a ski lift, yes that's correct...a ski lift and we thought we had entered Disneyland or Sqaw Valley. The entrance into the winery was a two lane paved road separated by trees in both directions. We entered the parking lot and it was full. So we parked at the end of the long narrow entrance for a group photo. I suggested that we park each of our cars between the trees at a slight angle so we could get a great photo of the cars near the entrance. Well, I immediately drove to the entrance paved road, backed up at an angle between two trees. As I backed in, I noticed that my two back tires started to slump into the soft wet mud. I immediately hit the accelerator and the two back tires were spinning and I realized what I've had put myself into.
I waved at the group who were laughling their butts off but they wouldn't respond. So after a few tense moments stuck in the mud, 5 members + 2 kids came to the rescue. They got behind the huge boat looking SC430 and on my command, 1...2....3....PUSH! The first attempt, I had it in PARK and they hissed at me. They caught their breath, and on the second attempt, we brought the 2900 lb. beast out of the muddy quicksand ground. Someone has a pic of this.
MENTAL NOTE: Never drive your car into soft plushy ground after numerous days of rain.

We left St. Helena/Napa in the afternoon merging onto highway 80 (towards SF) for dinner in Foster City. 20 mintues into highway 80, we caught a traffic jam. It looked like Highway 5 in L.A. on a weekday. We all maintained our convoy of about 10 cars on the 2nd lane from the left fast lane. It was bumper to bumper. Suddenly, this young idiotic kid in a two-door Honda Prelude w/ weird looking exhaust pipes sticking out of the back of his car in the fast lane. He suddenly revs his engine and speeds up to our group trying to get our attention. He'd wait for a gap in the front of his lane, rev his engine and sped up to show that he wanted attention. It's like he wanted to take on the entire convoy. C'mon, he's gonna go up against a turbocharged IS and several of the highly modified GS's and SC's? It was a joke. We all kept our line and laughed at this on our walkie talkies. This lasted a good 10-15 minutes until he cooled down and drove like a human being again. We lost sight of him after that and traffic lightened up again.

Last edited by martini3; 03-12-06 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-12-06, 09:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hahaha great stories, tee i REALLY have to see pics of your car in mud. thank god you got it pused out, dude.....

and btw, 2900lb? you wish our cars are whopping 3900lb
Old 03-12-06, 09:02 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Just wanted to say thanks to Glen, Tee, Will, Ron and others for putting it together.

Also props to Jean for the goodies (do you have a bakery or are you a pastry chef? cuz those were awesome treats).

I guess the rest of you took 37 to 101 south home? I figured 37 to 80 west would be shorter and didn't want to hit the traffic that usually starts before the rainbow tunnel, but after sailing along 80 at 75mph I hit a solid wall of stop & go traffic right before Berkeley (that wasted an extra 30 mins). Since you guys got to Foster City after 7pm did you hit traffic on 101? [edit: I took so long to type/send this, that in the mean time I see Tee has posted and said you all took 80 also]

I know BJ's and Red Robin's at Bridgepointe, but I have never heard of Quickly, is that there also?

cvc10851: What James are you referring to as "mingle master" and to fix the headlights. Not me is it? But then I can't think what other James was there besides Jimbo.

It sure was a nice turnout, next time (esp. w/ totally dry conditions) we should drive somewhere that is challenging, twisties wise.

Last edited by JyGS430; 03-12-06 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-12-06, 10:12 PM
cvc10851
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JyGS430
Just wanted to say thanks to Glen, Tee, Will, Ron and others for putting it together.

Also props to Jean for the goodies (do you have a bakery or are you a pastry chef? cuz those were awesome treats).

I guess the rest of you took 37 to 101 south home? I figured 37 to 80 west would be shorter and didn't want to hit the traffic that usually starts before the rainbow tunnel, but after sailing along 80 at 75mph I hit a solid wall of stop & go traffic right before Berkeley (that wasted an extra 30 mins). Since you guys got to Foster City after 7pm did you hit traffic on 101? [edit: I took so long to type/send this, that in the mean time I see Tee has posted and said you all took 80 also]

I know BJ's and Red Robin's at Bridgepointe, but I have never heard of Quickly, is that there also?

cvc10851: What James are you referring to as "mingle master" and to fix the headlights. Not me is it? But then I can't think what other James was there besides Jimbo.

It sure was a nice turnout, next time (esp. w/ totally dry conditions) we should drive somewhere that is challenging, twisties wise.
There was another James there. He rolled with the fairfield group. Kind of confusing cuz both of you are named James and you both have a Black GS. He's the one that brought the little filipina chick.
Old 03-12-06, 10:18 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Pics of Us Rescueing Teeman3

Somebody has to have a pic of us pushing Tee's car out of the mush........anyone?
Looked on the trip odometer and it said 210.9 logged in for this cruise meet. It sure was fun.
Glad we decided not to try and go to the Golden Gate for more photo opportunities. I did not like the dark clouds forming above us during the last photo shoot at the last winery. Then I hear on the news that there was a bad pile up on US101 leading to the Golden Gate Bridge. But at least there weren't any sobriety check points.

Hey Tee,
Maybe next year we go to Monterey for the cruise meet. Or maybe go up north to Mt. Tam, or Tomales Bay. Plenty of twisties and scenery.
Wut 'cha think?
Will
Old 03-12-06, 10:22 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am the other James .....you guys can call me the korean guy haha its all good

i had alot of fun esp.. considering i have been to 240 meets.....and honda meets.... and they were quite quiet (boring).... but you guys are hella coo im just glad we didnt get any rain ....

hopefully i can get more peoples phone numbers i didnt get to ask my girl was hungry.... alot of questions like drunkenfoolio... your number ...umm i am sorry terrible with names but we went wine tasting and i met your wife and loved your JP wheels silver Gs and..... i LOVE your HIds...... was wondering wha color they were... i want to buy that same color

i kept seeing them in the rear view mirror jocking

and greg.... thanks for talking with me that was pretty coo.. learned alot for a couple of hrs

for all those who didnt make it you should try ... lexus owners are the best

Last edited by VipDout; 03-12-06 at 10:24 PM. Reason: checking spelling
Old 03-12-06, 10:28 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Nice Pics at the High School!!

Originally Posted by cvc10851
Yeah man that HS looks better than the college I went to.
cvc10851
What college did you go to? And is your screen name a penal code and if it is, what is it.(too lazy to look it up)

Ron,
Funny thing is that after we spotted that candy green Solara, Kendell was having cravings for a green apple drink with green apple jelly at Quickly. LOL
The panoramic shot at the highschool would make a good NorCal Sig for all of us.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Nor Cal Cruise Aftermath Thread