Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

3rd Annual Nor Cal Cruise Aftermath Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-06, 11:35 AM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=JyGS430]tkracing: I've never been on those roads over there but they do sound like an excellent drive. What if we did this before the boating season starts to avoid those that don't know how to tow and to avoid the slow traffic they would cause (I sure wouldn't want to be behind somone going 20 mph). The BBQ sounds good too.! [/QUOTE

In the winter months of 2002 I was going up every weekend to build a summer trailer. It definately has less cars on the road in the winter because all there is to do up there in those months is FISH. Which they do have lots of tournaments. But this time actually is worse than summer because the guys who drive it in the winter THINK they have the roads to themselves and usually split the center divider ( dragging a boat behind them). I cant tell you guys how many times I have either been forced off the road or almost killed because of some fool. Also the road changes elevations drastically in some parts as well as in the winter are HUGE rock slides for you to wipe out either your bodykits or those Z rated tires most of us have. If we were running off road Subaru's yea then Suisin Valley road and 121 would be alot of fun. Now if we were to take it slow and cruise the twisties then we could have an AWESOME time up there no doubt..Lots of places to Que and hang out..Volleyball and waterskiing. But best of all probably some of the nicest settings to take some pics of the cars. Mountains and lake in background would be just awesome BUT if we are going primarily to drive the twisties I would choose somewhere else...Just my 2 cents.
I always thought that a cruise through Woodside(mountain home road or 84) to the coast and then down the coast to somewhere like Capitola or SC.. Maybe Margaritaville or one of the beaches for a fire and good food..You get a little bit of twisties as well as a beautiful coastal cruise Just a thought!
Old 03-13-06, 11:50 AM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
I'm telling you guys...next cruise...Lake Berryessa...PLENTY and I mean PLENTY of twisties going up there hehe!
I wanted you to know that in no way am I saying your idea was bad because it isnt. Actually to someone like yourself and me who are very familiar with those roads they can be alot of fun. Just want the people who are not familiar with them to be cautious
Old 03-13-06, 12:08 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

I couldn't agree with you more when you say that going up to the lake primarily for the twisties would be a bad idea. If it were in small groups of 3-4 people then it would be awesome but for a convoy of 15+ cars, it would not only be a bad idea, it would be frustrating as hell. Those people who don't know how to drive on those roads period would prove disastrous for the cruise. I would also like the point out though that while we were taking 121 back home on Saturday the road was littered with rocks everywhere due to the recent rainy season so I wouldn't want anyones car to be sprayed with rocks from following everyone else. If fact, we passed a area where a rock slide had just recently taken place so that was a bit of an eye opener. The elevation changes on those roads is also an issue, I scraped that plastic piece on the bottom of the bumper when I was coming around a turn on Saturday. So if we were to plan a cruise up to Lake Berryessa I would suggest that we go sometime in April and definitely not during the summer.
Old 03-13-06, 12:38 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
I can't believe nobody posted the pics yet. Was it Mike who was taking pics?
Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Somebody has to have a pic of us pushing Tee's car out of the mush........anyone?

Here it is. Thanks to Jason.

That was Hilarious when Tee got stuck ,he waved all of us for help and we just stood there laughing !

Sorry for the blow up, but it helps to zoom in on the very distant shot.

Old 03-13-06, 12:55 PM
leeshdw
Driver

Originally Posted by RMMGS4

That was Hilarious when Tee got stuck ,he waved all of us for help and we just stood there laughing !

Thanks for blowing it up Glen. I only had my wide lense on. If I switched to my telephoto lense, I probably have missed the shot.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-13-06 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-13-06, 02:15 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default To The Rescue!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by RMMGS4

Gr8 pic guys. Is that Jawnthen taking a closer shot of us in this pic?
Old 03-13-06, 02:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by leeshdw
Thanks for blowing it up Glen. I only had my wide lense on. If I switched to my telephoto lense, I probably have missed the shot.
hey seems like someone closer was taking pics too, we need that one
Old 03-13-06, 02:22 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think Tee is going to live this one down. At least he wasn't going that fast and got really stuck.
Old 03-13-06, 02:27 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

dude... that is so funny. Good job Tee.... =D

-s-
Old 03-13-06, 02:29 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RMMGS4, remember in the past BOS meet at Folsom Lake, you had a trivia question about your wheel that had a hole in it? Well, this could be another trivia question for a raffle prize or something.

QUESTION: How many people does it take to get an SC430 out of the mud?
ANSWER: 5 NorCal CL members + 2 kids.

I didn't want to punch it cause that would get me even more deeper into the quicksand-like mud. I slowly pressed down and on 3, everyone pushed. The car was slowly sinking into that mud gradually. Plus, my back tires were worn out, so I was practically sliding in one spot. I'm surprised I made it out of there.

Maybe this might be a good idea to come up w/ a new mod. Buy some snow tire chains, add thick quarter inch nails to it, and call it the "Get me out of the Mud tire chains (MTC)."

HaHa...

Last edited by martini3; 03-13-06 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-13-06, 02:49 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tkracing
BUT if we are going primarily to drive the twisties I would choose somewhere else...Just my 2 cents.
I always thought that a cruise through Woodside(mountain home road or 84) to the coast and then down the coast to somewhere like Capitola or SC.. Maybe Margaritaville or one of the beaches for a fire and good food..You get a little bit of twisties as well as a beautiful coastal cruise Just a thought!
Okay, so nix the Lake Berryesa route. I agree w/ tkracing about San Mateo peninsula, I've always thought that Alpine Road from La Honda to Skyline Blvd was nice. Also from La Honda west towards Pescadero. Really good twisties also on Route 236 through Big Basin (could have a picnic/hike?? there), then continue on through Route 9 towards Saratoga.
Old 03-13-06, 03:33 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

wow you guys have been on here and 3 pages since last night ??? OMgi need to be on here More often

haha have to sneek in at work but

My car was Not green it might be from the light of the angle ... 0o0o a Nice berressa run can be Nice hope fully i see More gs's i love those haha

also imma bring my camera ... while in this thread any one know what i should Mod next... i might feel fix the black housings and then hids ? Hmmmm
Old 03-13-06, 03:35 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

nubie400, i'm digging your rims. what are those? these may look good on my sc. can yuo pm me the vendor and pricing? thanks
Old 03-13-06, 03:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

tee, were both wheels in mud or mainly just one side sliding?

hehehe, if it's just mainly one side without traction, it's time to get lsd
Old 03-13-06, 04:50 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

sorry teeman was doin a search for you but cant find the thread ... i have 19 in staggered kaotics f5 ? or k5s? i believe 19*8 front with 38 off set and 19*10 rear with 42 or 43 off set sorry again

i cant believe i forgot i need to have it burned in memory .. but i got them off the site here from joe in sacramento ... for 1200 i think offline Brand new they are 400ish a piece ?

i can post all the facts later hehe

ohh romi.... both were in the mud.. luckie i stayed clean

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Nor Cal Cruise Aftermath Thread