Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

3rd Annual Nor Cal Cruise Aftermath Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-06, 12:54 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 3rd Annual Nor Cal Cruise Aftermath Thread

Well it's just about midnight and I just got home from a very long day with my NorCal Crew. This was such a perfect day. We had not one drop of rain until we finally got back and finished dinner at around 8:30 pm tonight.

My day started at 9am leaving from San Jose, then next meeting point was Fremont, followed by Hercules where the SF crew and everyone converged. From there it was off to Napa wine country. We stopped at V. Sattui for lunch and some wine tasting. From there we stopped at a couple of spots for some photo shoots.

There were also tons pics taken along some of the picturesque roads we travelled along our path. Before people start screaming out for pics, let me say that hundreds of shots were taken, so it's gonna take some time to download, sort and post the good shots. Everyone on the cruise is probably exhausted, so pics will be minimal for now. Stay Tuned for posts to come over the next 48 hours.

There were a lot of old members who we haven't seen in months, and there were several new people who also joined us. I'm sure all had a good time, so please post your experience whether it was your first time attending a CL meet or your umpteenth over the past 4+ years like it is for me.

Special Thanks to those who worked behind the scenes MANY weeks earlier to today, to make this meet a well organized event:

teeman3 - Our cheerleeder and the head stoogie man
BC-GS430 - Always stepping in wherever help is needed
TAMR-GUS98 - Went the extra mile to scope out our sites in advance
drukinfoolio - Tour Guide extraordinaire
Solo - For the Hi EnD meet flyer as AlWayS

Long distance award goes once again to Ryan (flipside909) who came up from LA through snow on Hwy 5 Grapevine to make it.

It is one hour from my home to the Hercules starting point, many members came along for the entire cruise while some stopped by for a short time to just say hi. Either way I thank all for coming and making this a successful meet. Again a special note goes out to Ryan who followed me home to San Jose and then went back to his Nor Cal residence in (you guessed it) Hercules.

Ryan, so how many miles did you log in for the entire day. The whole CL Nor Cal crew wants to know ???

I think I logged in around 300+ miles myself.

On the way home from the wine country, several of the NorCal members who live up North left us and then a whole new set of members joined us in our peninsula meeting point in Foster City. Traffic was terrible across all the bridges. I think it took us about 45 minutes to cross the San Mateo bridge once we exited 880 in Hayward.

Once at Foster City, we could not get reservations at BJ's so we had to change over to Red Robin.

We started the day with 20+ cars cruising the wine country and about 7 people left us after we left Napa for home.

At the end of the day there were still 27 people that joined us for dinner. By around 9pm, it appeared that people still did not want to go home, so we continued to a 4th location for pearl drinks and japanese music videos.

As a final thanks to all those who came, I am OFFICIALLY announcing a Rapid Rewards program for all attendee's of "key" meets throughout the year of which this cruise meet is "Key Event #1. All those who attend such meets will receive Rapid Rewards points. At the end of the year these points will be good toward eligibility of special raffle prizes to be awarded at our last meet of the summer, known by all as EOS V. (5th Annual End Of Summer meet )

All those who have attended EOS meets in the past know that we have given away THOUSANDS of dollars worth of free merchandise. Past gifts were items such as Daizen Sway Bars, A complete set of tires and wheels, 60k, 80k, or 100k service certificates. Apple I-pod Nano. In the past 2 EOS meets alone, total prizes given out were worth over $25,000.

So the BIG difference about EOS this year will be, those who attend NorCal designated "Key" events will earn Reward Points towards winning the best items EOS will have to offer for this year's EOS.

I have noticed that our NorCal section has been getting a lot of views by LURKERS who read our NorCal forum, but never sign up with an official screen name. I encourage all those interested to OFFICIALLY join CL and attend our meets, so that you too will be eligible to recieve Rapid Rewards points. In addition to these Rewards Points, many of the meets will also include Discount coupons, for labor , services , etc. These coupons will be rewarded to all those who attend a particular event and the discounts will be good immediately.

The next meet will be announced in the next week, so check back here for future announcements.

So here's a list of all those who attended todays meet and will be awarded points.

Thanks again for coming. Hope to see more new people sign up and attend the next meet.

RMMGS4
teeman3
Jawnthen
Jimbo2828
JyGS430
teton
Leeshdw
kokonutjc
scrreeeaaammmm
01MsMis
BC-GS430
97SC
SportCoupe
LexusDerek
TAMR-GUS98
Wolverine
Lightwave76
MISS_IS300
Nubie400
LEX400SC
SOLO
al7ezza
R.MAESTAS
drukinfoolio
cvc10851
LdyNRed

Note: eligibility is valid if you appeared at any one of today's meet locations. Participating in the cruise was not a requirement. Did I miss anyone? PM me

CLICK HERE for NorCal Napa Valley Cruise Pics : https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...y.php/cat/3534

Check out our First Inaugural NorCal Cruise on video here:
http://planetplugged.org/lgw/LGW_nor...e01_hi_v63.mov

If you enjoyed this meet, believe me this is only the beginning. We have been organizing meets going on 5 years now. Do a search for a ton of stuff, but here's some links to get you started:

End of Summer Meets (EOS)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181193
http://www.lgwnorcal.com/
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...8&highlight=eos

Cruise Meets
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...87&page=2&pp=15
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=emeryville
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=santa+cruz

Beginning of Summer meets (BOS)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ustom+alignment
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=beginning

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-13-06 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-12-06, 01:17 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone,

Dinner was fun and casual at Red Robin and dessert was cozy at Quickly. To all that came to support the NorCal scene, thanks and see you at the next event.

- Chris, them JPs are sweet on ur silver gs. not to mention a "freakin steal" and u just got it in time for the cruise.
- Glen, always a pleasure. Daughter is getting so tall. Remember, basketball and Volleyball.
- Rich... u finally surfaces.
- Chris Lee, how about some other pictures besides the IS's...?
- Will, ur boys were laughing at my box apartment... said to get a real house like urs... haha =D
- Rolo, Bella is so cute, im gonna have to steal her for a weekend.
- Ray, its time to start modding. ur car has been too damn stock for too damn long.
- Allan, we gotta find u some wheels. Will keep my eyes out for some Rotas....
- Aldrin, how was Asia SF....? followed by figure skating while listening to Yanni... haha j/k

To everybody else that came out for dinner and dessert, great catching up and see you at the next event.... Badminton, Monday night at GGBC in Menlo Park, 7:30 pm. I'll be there.

-s-
Old 03-12-06, 01:21 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Post your meet pics in the dedicated gallery here:

CLICK HERE: NorCal Napa Valley Cruise

Here's what they did in SoCal...about the same kinda weather, but I think we had the better view.
CLICK HERE: Pathfinder Park Meet Gallery
Old 03-12-06, 01:31 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

The Pennisula crew started the day around 8 am where we met at Serramonte Mall. When we got there Tamr_gus98 and LdyNRed greeted us with some gourmet pasteries. Special thanks to Ldynred for the yummy treats. We left a bit later than expected at around 9 am. We enjoyed a nice rain free drive up to Hercules to meet the south bay crew. A few new members showed up, nice to meet all of you (Tony, Wolverine (sorry I don't remember your name), Derick).

Off to Napa, we ended up having a few members from fairfield join our caravan. Kinda funny to see some of the looks we were getting all the way up and when we arrived at the winery. Lunch was great and got to shoot the breeze with new and old members. Sportcoupe finally makes the meet after supposedly meeting us at the 1st location.

Drunkinfoolio takes over as tour guide through napa and I must say the scenery was beautiful and the drive through the backroads was GREAT.

Too bad we ran into traffic on the way back to the bay area, we were really trying not to lose anybody thankfully everyone seemed to make it okay to the final destination. Wolverine, make sure you get someone's cell number just in case next time. A whole new crew came and joined us for dinner, to bad BJ's didn't work out but at least we had a few places to choose from.

Overall a great time!!!
Old 03-12-06, 02:07 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool Another Successfull Cruise Meet.

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Well it's just about midnight and I just got home from a very long day with my NorCal Crew. This was such a perfect day. We had not one drop of rain until we finally got back and finished dinner at around 8:30 pm tonight.

My day started at 9am leaving from San Jose, then next meeting point was Fremont, followed by Hercules where the SF crew and everyone converged. From there it was off to Napa wine country. We stopped at V. Sattui for lunch and some wine tasting. From there we stopped at a couple of spots for some photo shoots.

There were also tons pics taken along some of the picturesque roads we travelled along our path. Before people start screaming out for pics, let me say that hundreds of shots were taken, so it's gonna take some time to download, sort and post the good shots. Everyone on the cruise is probably exhausted, so pics will be minimal for now. Stay Tuned for posts to come over the next 48 hours.

There were a lot of old members who we haven't seen in months, and there were several new people who also joined us. I'm sure all had a good time, so please post your experience whether it was your first time attending a CL meet or your umpteenth over the past 4+ years like it is for me.

Special Thanks to those who worked behind the scenes MANY weeks earlier to today, to make this meet a well organized event:

teeman3 - Our cheerleeder and the head stoogie man
BC-GS430 - Always stepping in wherever help is needed
TAMR-GUS98 - Went the extra mile to scope out our sites in advance
drukinfoolio - Tour Guide extraordinaire
Solo - For the Hi EnD meet flyer as AlWayS

Long distance award goes once again to Ryan (flipside909) who came up from LA through snow on Hwy 5 Grapevine to make it.

It is one hour from my home to the Hercules starting point, many members came along for the entire cruise while some stopped by for a short time to just say hi. Either way I thank all for coming and making this a successful meet. Again a special note goes out to Ryan who followed me home to San Jose and then went back to his Nor Cal residence in (you guessed it) Hercules.

Ryan, so how many miles did you log in for the entire day. The whole CL Nor Cal crew wants to know ???

I think I logged in around 300+ miles myself.

On the way home from the wine country, several of the NorCal members who live up North left us and then a whole new set of members joined us in our peninsula meeting point in Foster City. Traffic was terrible across all the bridges. I think it took us about 45 minutes to cross the San Mateo bridge once we exited 880 in Hayward.

Once at Foster City, we could not get reservations at BJ's so we had to change over to Red Robin.

We started the day with 20+ cars cruising the wine country and about 7 people left us after we left Napa for home.

At the end of the day there were still 27 people that joined us for dinner. By around 9pm, it appeared that people still did not want to go home, so we continued to a 4th location for pearl drinks and japanese music videos.

As a final thanks to all those who came, I am OFFICIALLY announcing a Rapid Rewards program for all attendee's of "key" meets throughout the year of which this cruise meet is "Key Event #1. All those who attend such meets will receive Rapid Rewards points. At the end of the year these points will be good toward eligibility of special raffle prizes to be awarded at our last meet of the summer, known by all as EOS V. (5th Annual End Of Summer meet )

All those who have attended EOS meets in the past know that we have given away THOUSANDS of dollars worth of free merchandise. Past gifts were items such as Daizen Sway Bars, A complete set of tires and wheels, 60k, 80k, or 100k service certificates. Apple I-pod Nano. In the past 2 EOS meets alone, total prizes given out were worth over $25,000.

So the BIG difference about EOS this year will be, those who attend NorCal designated "Key" events will earn Reward Points towards winning the best items EOS will have to offer for this year's EOS.

I have noticed that our NorCal section has been getting a lot of views by LURKERS who read our NorCal forum, but never sign up with an official screen name. I encourage all those interested to OFFICIALLY join CL and attend our meets, so that you too will be eligible to recieve Rapid Rewards points. In addition to these Rewards Points, many of the meets will also include Discount coupons, for labor , services , etc. These coupons will be rewarded to all those who attend a particular event and the discounts will be good immediately.

The next meet will be announced in the next week, so check back here for future announcements.

So here's a list of all those who attended todays meet and will be awarded points.

Thanks again for coming. Hope to see more new people sign up and attend the next meet.

RMMGS4
teeman3
Jawnthen
Jimbo2828
JyGS430
teton
Leeshdw
kokonutjc
scrreeeaaammmm
01MsMis
BC-GS430
97SC
SportCoupe
LexusDerek
TAMR-GUS98
Wolverine
Lightwave76
MISS_IS300
Nubie400
LEX400SC
SOLO
al7ezza
R.MAESTAS
drukinfoolio

Note: eligibility is valid if you appeared at any one of today's meet locations. Participating in the cruise was not a requirement. Did I miss anyone? PM me
Just unwinding after the meet and found this. So I though I would participate............

It was another fun filled cruise meet. I'm soooooooo glad the weather cooperated. It's great to see everyone again and happy to have met the newbies. You can never have enough friends.
Started out by hooking up with the boys at the former Good Guys parking lot at Serramonte Shopping Center in Daly City. Left there by 9am and got over to Hercules before 10am to hook up with the rest of the peeps. Then the fun started to begin. Here are a some pics.

Hercules Meeting Location
Old 03-12-06, 02:07 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Some teaser photos for now...

Look who I spotted in Vallejo when I ran over to Planet Pinoy in the morning...i'm guessing he's inside Ling Nam lol!

Markmac
Old 03-12-06, 02:09 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Default Another Successful Cruise Meet!!!!!!!!!!! Continued

Photo Op. at one of the Wineries.

Last edited by TAMR_GUS98; 03-12-06 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-12-06, 02:12 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Cool Another Successfull Cruise Meet!!!!!!! Continued.

The FUN winding road Drunkenfoolio,in front of the pack in his Porche in the second pic below, took us on, Might have to go back and try this road on my R6 sometime.

Part of the scenery along the way.

Btw...the pics taken from inside my car while we were on the road is courtesy of my 8 year old Kendell.
Old 03-12-06, 02:21 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Wink Boys Will Be Boys!!

Originally Posted by solo

- Will, ur boys were laughing at my box apartment... said to get a real house like urs... haha =D

-s-
Sorry Bro! Kids say the darndest things sometime.LOL
Old 03-12-06, 02:32 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Lightbulb RR Points

Originally Posted by RMMGS4

RMMGS4
teeman3
Jawnthen
Jimbo2828
JyGS430
teton
Leeshdw
kokonutjc
scrreeeaaammmm
01MsMis
BC-GS430
97SC
SportCoupe
LexusDerek
TAMR-GUS98
Wolverine
Lightwave76
MISS_IS300
Nubie400
LEX400SC
SOLO
al7ezza
R.MAESTAS
drukinfoolio

The RR Points are a great idea Glen. They ought to be coming out of the wood work now.
Old 03-12-06, 05:58 AM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Pics look great...Looks like you guys had fun. Sorry,must of missed you by a few minutes. I was wondering where you guys were I even drove to the surrounding parking lots thinking you guys parked somewhere else. Man the lot was packed and so was BJ,s. I see why you guys changed plans. Will definately make the next one

Last edited by tkracing; 03-12-06 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-12-06, 08:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

looks fun and good pics. keep them coming, especially for folks like me who is stuck in office now again
Old 03-12-06, 09:11 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys definitely had a great turnout afterall..way to go. Yes, lets see more pictures when you get a chance, for those of us that for one reason or another couldnt make it out there
Old 03-12-06, 09:16 AM
01msmis
Driver School Candidate

hey,

It was nice meeting you guys, sorry i couldnt make it to the other 2 location, but i will be there next meet!

any more pic....?
Old 03-12-06, 09:16 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by markgs4
you guys definitely had a great turnout afterall..way to go. Yes, lets see more pictures when you get a chance, for those of us that for one reason or another couldnt make it out there
This was a good one, sorry you missed out Mark. Willie was feeling a little lonely with the only green GS. We were kind of surprised with the turnout and it was fun crusing with close to 20 some cars.

An all day event for some of us, I left at 10pm or so not sure when everyone else left.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Nor Cal Cruise Aftermath Thread