Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

///attn All Lexus Sc300 Drivers!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-06, 09:09 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ///attn All Lexus Sc300 Drivers!

Im looking for someone who drives a 92+ Lexus SC300. I am in desperate need of the stock exhaust. Only for about an hour. I got pulled over for having my HKS exhaust back in January and my ticket is due in a couple weeks so its about time I change it out. Again, I will only need it for about an hour. I just have to:

-Swap exhausts
-Take it to the local starbucks where the Feds drink their coffee
-Have them sign off my ticket
-And I go back to give your exhaust back

You can hold my HKS Ti Carbon exhaust as collateral. Please let me knowwww as soon as possible. I am looking for someone in the Sacramento or San Jose area. If you think you can help out please let me know.

Thanks~
Old 03-14-06, 09:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am just curious, what kind of ticket is that? fix ticket? and if so, what's the violation? too loud? i thought if so, they would send you to referee. and if your exhaust is not louder than certain db then you are free to go with a new sticker under your hood?
Old 03-14-06, 10:13 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

It is a Fix It ticket. I cant remeber which vehicle code it is but it is for Modified Exhaust. They got me dirty. They said it was too loud. I was driving behind my friend who has an SC400 with straight exhaust and cutouts on stock mufflers so the police just assumed that all the loud noise was coming from me. They only send you to the State Referee if you have modified something that has to do with emissions. The most common emissions violation is a modified intake (w/o CARB number or pvc hose). Luckily for me they didnt catch my HKS cold air intake. They were just wondering what the HKS Earthing system did and why it was there.
Old 03-14-06, 11:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
It is a Fix It ticket. I cant remeber which vehicle code it is but it is for Modified Exhaust. They got me dirty. They said it was too loud. I was driving behind my friend who has an SC400 with straight exhaust and cutouts on stock mufflers so the police just assumed that all the loud noise was coming from me. They only send you to the State Referee if you have modified something that has to do with emissions. The most common emissions violation is a modified intake (w/o CARB number or pvc hose). Luckily for me they didnt catch my HKS cold air intake. They were just wondering what the HKS Earthing system did and why it was there.
umm ic..... i thought if you could prove to them your exhaust is within legal limits you are good to go..... what a pain...... sigh
Old 03-15-06, 09:23 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Yeah, its not crazy loud. The legal limit is about 90db and I think this one is under that. When I told the officer that he just said I still get the ticket because of the fact that its modified from stock it makes it illegal. What a headache.
Old 03-15-06, 10:41 AM
soarer1023
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

r u talking about the entire exhaust or just the muffler? i really want to help u, and i do have a pair of the stock muffler sitting at home, but i m in so cal for school, good luck for everything tho
Old 03-15-06, 01:25 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

I need the entire thing, from the cat back because Im currently single. Thanks anyway.
Old 03-16-06, 01:44 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

If you dont find someone with a spare one to borrow. I'm in San Jose and you can use mine , As long as you can remove it and then put it back without much help from me. I dont have the expirience to be of much assistance.
Also i dont really have a good location to do it. And my work schedule is Fri-Mondays, so tues-thurs are best.
PM me to work out the details .
Old 03-17-06, 03:40 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
If you dont find someone with a spare one to borrow. I'm in San Jose and you can use mine , As long as you can remove it and then put it back without much help from me. I dont have the expirience to be of much assistance.
Also i dont really have a good location to do it. And my work schedule is Fri-Mondays, so tues-thurs are best.
PM me to work out the details .
Alright Im leaving for San Jose now. Im going to be there all weekend so give me a call. Thanks again you are a life saver.

Check your PMs
Old 03-24-06, 01:32 PM
STRONG SC
Lead Lap

did you get it handle?
Old 03-24-06, 05:05 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by STRONG SC
did you get it handle?
No not yet. Ive been trying to get ahold of CANTSEEME for about a week now but no luck.

Maybe you can help me?
Old 03-25-06, 07:18 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

My entire complete 1994 SC300 stock exhaust is sitting at BlackTrax in Milpitas. Pulled it when I went TT, It is perfect. If you need it let me know. I will give the owner a call and authorize you to pick it up at your conveniece during their business hours. PM me and we'll work out the details.

Dave
Old 03-25-06, 08:58 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Thats great! I know where BlackTrax is at. This is perfect. Thanks alot Scoupe. I'll send you a PM.
Old 03-31-06, 08:28 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

I would just like to thank CANTSEEME for coming through. I really appreciate your help. Im glad Im in a club with members I can depend on. Everything went well.