Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Dyno Day, Shoot Out & Newbie GTG - April 22

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-06, 08:54 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teeman3
I met some new faces. lucrative, sportdesign and tkracing. glad to finally meet you b_chau. Of course, the regular crew was there to represent as well.
hey, I didn't get my newbie discount.

there were 2 nice looking supra's, black and red. ldynred, I need to hire your son to do some photoshoots for me. He's got a up and coming talent there.

Solo, I had a nice phat stoogie for you. Next time.

there were alot of bodyshops around in the vicinity doing some kits for some 300m's.

it was a nice and relaxed dyno day meet and it didn't even sprinkle at all. Great job on picking the dyno place, RMMGS4.

see y'all at BOS or Exact Motorsport grand re-opening meet, whichever comes first.
Good to finally chat with you Tee. It was a fun event even though the turnout was lower than expected. I wish there would've been some more IS300s there. I think ADSMobile Phil and I were the only IS300s.

Looking forward to seeing some of you next weekend at Premier's grand opening in Fremont.
Old 04-22-06, 09:26 PM
menech
Lead Lap

Great meet!~

it was nice meeting you guys - everybody was super nice and welcoming to poor newbies like me

Pretty good turn out and it great seeing the mods you guys have done!
Old 04-22-06, 09:56 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

Default IS350 Spoilsports!

Originally Posted by menech
Great meet!~

it was nice meeting you guys - everybody was super nice and welcoming to poor newbies like me

Pretty good turn out and it great seeing the mods you guys have done!
Was very nice to meet you . Now you're no longer a "poor newbie". After a few more of these meets, you'll just be POOR
Old 04-22-06, 10:10 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bchau_gt
Good to finally chat with you Tee. It was a fun event even though the turnout was lower than expected. I wish there would've been some more IS300s there. I think ADSMobile Phil and I were the only IS300s.

Looking forward to seeing some of you next weekend at Premier's grand opening in Fremont.

There were three more IS's that showed up after you Brian.

This meet being one of the rare In N Out meets where people could come and go as they please, it's a little harder to catch everyone at the right time.

So the last of the crew just broke up now. I just got home and I know BC-GS430 & TAMR_GUS98 will be home in another 40 min to chime in.

Also James (old screen name Nubie400) will have a good hour + to get back to Fairfield. We all ate at a MexItalian restaurant in Alviso of all places.

Good food, good fun and good talking to everyone today.

We had some good laughs and I'm sure everyone gained a lot of knowledge about Dyno, mods and that what you think you have and what you get might be two different things.

I am waiting for the first person who didn't attend this meet to post on this thread and say "So what Horsepower did everybody pull.?"

Well I'm sorry to say the numbers will only mean so much by themselves and curently there is no point in reporting. Everyone who attended knows what I mean. It will take some time before I can publish a comprehensive report on the meet and all our findings. I think most of us are blown away with the current results.

The second half of the story will entail that we do some REAL WORLD testing of some of these cars at the track. I think only then will the TRUTH come out.

Once we have part 2 completed, I will publish a follow up article, but for those that didn't attend, they will have to wait little longer as I believe the dyno meet and its results are only half of the story.

So on to part two. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...86#post1853886

Thanks to all who came.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-22-06 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-22-06, 10:51 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im really glad I decided to make the drive down from Concord...and not just to get the rapid rewards!! LOL! This was a really fun little meet. It was great to see all the familiar faces, and even greater meeting some new folks too!

Peer pressure got the best of me, as I found my dirty GS4 up on the dyno....and the results were definintely not what I expected (RMMGS4's upcoming writeup on the meet/dyno results will address that). I definitely learned a lot of stuff today that will help me decide on the types of performance mods I may or may not do in the future.

And as always, I was in awe of the beautiful cars in attendance....even got a chance to see the new JP Style LED tailights in person (they look great on RMMGS4's car ). I never get tired of seeing these cars

See everyone and the next meet. Big thanks to TKRacing for giving the incentive to get my car dyno'd today...mahalo bruddah
Old 04-22-06, 11:17 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

That was a long day for me. I arrived early to help out. Great to see the Norcal crew as always. Finally good to meet TKracing after seeing his screenname all the time. I love the prussian blue fenders!!! Lets see who else, Menach nice little burn out you did. I think I may have been the only GS430 to dyno if GSing430 didn't show up, small turn out for the 430s. James thanks for hanging out so long, we know its a long drive back.

Last edited by BC-GS430; 04-22-06 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-22-06, 11:46 PM
buhda
Driver School Candidate

Dam work, I wanted to check it out too and maybe get a base run in. Oh well maybe next time.
So what Horsepower did everybody pull?
Old 04-22-06, 11:59 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by teeman3

Solo, I had a nice phat stoogie for you. Next time.

Hey Tee, sorry I couldnt be there, but my sister's wedding is damn quit important. We shall roll a nice Jamican DooBee... next time.

-s-
Old 04-23-06, 12:02 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Sounds like everyone had a great time... see u all next time... !!!!!!!!

-s-
Old 04-23-06, 12:07 AM
gme2001
Driver School Candidate

Great dyno day, thanks for the warm welcome for a new comer. I wish I could have stayed longer, I will definitely keep my eye on your Northern California threads for any new meets you end up doing.

-Garrett

Old 04-23-06, 01:06 AM
ISC400
Pole Position

WOW what a great meet today i'm so glad me and g/f showed up. It was great to see such tastefully done rides and i learned alot about what mods to do/do not especially from jim in his black sc4 torque monster .But best of all i met a bunch of down to earth nice ppl that happen to be lexus enthusiasts And i can't complain with those numbers i put down on the dyno!!!
Old 04-23-06, 01:47 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Gr8 Dyno Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, another gr8 meet. Some of the results were quite interesting to say the least. Ron(BC-GS430 ) and Mark(MarkGS4)did not even want to dyno their cars but ended up getting some great #'s.Got more HP and TQ #'s out of our SC'd 4runner than LDYNRED and I expected. Missed my targeted HP by 3 on my GS. But its all good. Met some gr8 newbies, some familiar faces, and put faces to familiar screen names. Here's a few. If I missed anyone, please forgive me. It's past 1:30 in the morning.
bb6lude-Next time you and your buddie will have to stay longer.
sportdsign-Glad you enjoyed your first meet. Many more to come. Stay tuned.
bchau_gt-It was nice to see you and your girl again.
menech-Gr8 newbie. Let the modding begin. Enjoyed your burn out when you left.
gme2001-Please stay longer next time. Looking forward to seeing you at future meets.
TKRacing-Pleasure to have met you. I'm still thinking about those fenders of yours. Let me know
when your ready to hand over the Turbo East ESK.
Lucrative-Thanks for coming out. It was good to put a face to a screen name.
And of course all the regulars-Lets do this again soon.
Btw, there was one other newbie. Those of you that were there early will know who I am talking about. His screen name is Rominl. LOL (Have to have been there to understand )
Those that missed this one, hopefully you can make it to the next one. Will post pics later. Need to catch some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Old 04-23-06, 02:32 AM
menech
Lead Lap

I wan't gonna mention the burnout but glad you guys liked it - I was holding on for dear life...VDIM disabled is no joke :eek: It felt like I burned 4 bucks in gas and 200 bucks worth of tires

see you guys for drag day - I should be back from florida than and hoping to get some launch tips from you guys. Sorry I couldn't make it for dinner - mexican sounded good but I at least I got some digits for leaving and heading out downtown

looking forward to pics! I hope I made Glen proud on my unofficial "secretary job" and I totally geeked out - excel is for noobs you guys would be proud.

ZZzzzZZ for me now
Old 04-23-06, 05:14 AM
_Trev_
Driver School Candidate

I had a great first meet. It was nice to meet everyone and see how great of a club this really is. Hopefully next time i'll have my car though
Old 04-23-06, 10:11 AM
tkracing
Lead Lap

I had a great time at the Dyno meet yesterday.. .

It was a pleasure meeting everyone and seeing all of your cars.

I want to thank everyone there for making my first CL meet a good one.
RMMGS4: Thankyou for the hard work in putting this together. Car looks great!
TAMR_GUS98: Great to meet you and your wonderful family (LDYNRED and little ones)!Turboeast ESK is yours
BC-GS430: Nice to finally put the face to a screen name. Cant wait to see your pics. Thanks for the laughs.
RedGS4: Great information. I enjoyed talking with you. Car is very clean..
markgs4: Awesome meeting you! Man nice DYNO!!! Must take a trip to Hawaii and meet some of the CL brothers in our second homes.
Rominl: Very nice speaking with you and your sweetheart

And for all the rest of the people I met you are all awesome!
Thanks again.

Last edited by tkracing; 04-23-06 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day, Shoot Out & Newbie GTG - April 22