Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Steven's creek lexus

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-06, 02:48 AM
acl15
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steven's creek lexus

For those of you living in the Bay Area, what do you think of Steven's Creek Lexus? I think their service department is great but I've never experienced their sales department. I'm thinking about picking up an IS250 awd within a month or two so any of your feedback on who to talk to, how i should deal with their selling, or what i should look out for, etc. would be appreciated. thanks
Old 03-25-06, 08:04 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I tired to order my car there, but they wouldn't do special orders so I had to go elsewhere. But I do like their service department.
Old 03-25-06, 09:45 AM
cespiritu
Driver School Candidate

Default i got mine at Putnam in RWC

try putnam lexus in RWC. Great service!!
Old 03-25-06, 09:51 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

may also want to post this in the NorCal regional section.
Old 03-25-06, 09:55 AM
hguy4x
Driver

I ordered my car there. I didn't have to hassle with pricing because my dad had a employee vehicle purchase plan for toyota (and subsequently for lexus).

Putnam didn't want our business and straight out lied to us saying that our vehicle purchase plan didn't include the new IS (BS, Stevens Creek gave it to us).

None of the Nor Cal dealerships would do special orders.
Old 03-25-06, 10:00 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Putnam is worse! I would never go back there. Their service practices are dubious. They kept trying to hard sell me on "dealer" recommended service, which included things far beyond what the manufacture recommended service requires. And if you didn't accept their "dealer" recommended service, they put a note in your car history file "customer refused dealer recommended service". I reported this practice to their customer service manager, said they'd look into it, but never even responded.
Old 03-25-06, 10:24 AM
artie00
Rookie

I agree that Putnam is worse. I tried getting them to beat a quote given to me by Steven's Creek. I talked to the GSM directly and he offered me $300 below what they offered. Wouldn't even at least match the price. I'd go with Steven's Creek cuz they get more cars than anyone in Nor Cal. Also talk to the Internet Managers cuz they can give you a better discount.
Old 03-25-06, 10:38 AM
cespiritu
Driver School Candidate

Default hmmm...

oh well, i guess i was the only one with a good exp at putnam. thats coo... they got me the car I wanted at the right price. I had a GS400 that I always serviced over there, but I WILL look out and be more careful on what they offer me as far as dealer maintenance. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 03-25-06, 11:27 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hguy4x
I ordered my car there. I didn't have to hassle with pricing because my dad had a employee vehicle purchase plan for toyota (and subsequently for lexus).

Putnam didn't want our business and straight out lied to us saying that our vehicle purchase plan didn't include the new IS (BS, Stevens Creek gave it to us).

None of the Nor Cal dealerships would do special orders.
what kinda discount was offer to you with the plan?
Old 03-25-06, 11:47 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Steven's Creek has been the NorCal Sponsor for our yearly End of Summer Meet. We definitely love their service department.

Postyour question or anything specific to the Bay Area in the NorCal section as it will probably give you additional responses.

Go here for a pictorial of the Stevens Creek EOS meet from last year: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=official

If you do a search in NorCal section, you will see previous meet coverage, plus additional coverage here: http://www.lgwnorcal.com/index.shtml
Old 03-25-06, 01:37 PM
tjp
Rookie

Intersting comments.
I also bought my 350 from Putnum in RWC. My sales person was fine. Putnam was the most "internet friendy". and responded to all my e-mails (the other dealerships didn't or were vey slow).

But I haven't had my car serviced yet. I'll see how Putnum is with the first 5K service. Steven's Creek is a little far for me.

Anybody have any comments about the dealership in Fremont or Pleasanton?
Old 03-25-06, 06:42 PM
is350WHT
Rookie

Well, I bought my car there and had it serviced recently (installed a new spoiler).

I guess it depends on who you talk to and which day if you are going to get a deal or special order.

The service is in a separate location, lucky I have Navigation or I wouldn't have found it...

Pretty good refreshment and pastries

They did overcharge me but I got that resolved.

Was able to drive a RX330 as a loaner, my wife likes SUVs so now gonna have to buy that now too

Only thing I didn't like, too many people involved, there was the parts guy, then the appointment guy, then the agent (or whatever his title is), then the loaner car lady, then the cashier, ...

I did get paranoid when some old guy (another customer) started looking in my car while it was parked outside during the pickup, they should lock the car so only the owner can get in.
Old 03-25-06, 07:06 PM
jolly
6th Gear

Stevens Creek --- like it a lot.

The sales process was painless and low (no) pressure. I worked with Greg Choy --- recommend him. He's relatively young, but took care of us well.

The service department is very nice, and in a convenient location (next to long term parking @ the San Jose airport). I can see why they separated the two facilities --- both are clean, spacious,
and nice.
Old 03-25-06, 10:20 PM
hguy4x
Driver

Originally Posted by imaputz
what kinda discount was offer to you with the plan?
Got the car for invoice.
Old 03-26-06, 12:25 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hguy4x
Got the car for invoice.
haha.... me too =) I'm assuming your pop works at the nummi plant then. hehe.

when are you expecting your cart?

Quick Reply: Steven's creek lexus