Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Where are all the NorCal 3rd Gen GS Owners ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-06, 12:59 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Where are all the NorCal 3rd Gen GS Owners ?

Please post here if you are a 3rd Gen GS owner living in the Bay Area and please state your city.

We have had local meets several times this year and I haven't seen one new 3rd Gen GS owner attend.

We do see the New IS owners attending, so what's up with our GS bretheren?

We're having our next meet this coming Saturday: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215949

It would be nice to see the 3rd Gen GS guys represent.

For the record, there has only been one 3rd GS that has ever attended one of our Nor Cal meets and he came all the way up from LA to attend !

Here's Clark's car.

Here's a Photo Gallery of last years EOS meet, just so ya know what yer missing:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=official

Old 05-14-06, 10:19 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Union City

Let me know when's the next meet.
Attached Thumbnails Where are all the NorCal 3rd Gen GS Owners ?-dsc01393-resize-.jpg  
Old 05-14-06, 10:25 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Yep..here's Clark's car now...and he wont Best Lexus at Toyotafest 2006 yesterday!

Here are some photos Pinoychris took of his car after the show was over. Location is Queen Mary Park in Long Beach.

Also...on another note, Palm Photography owner kokonutjc won best Matrix!
Old 05-14-06, 11:15 PM
ferrarilon
Rookie

Originally Posted by flipside909
Yep..here's Clark's car now...and he wont Best Lexus at Toyotafest 2006 yesterday!

Here are some photos Pinoychris took of his car after the show was over. Location is Queen Mary Park in Long Beach.

Also...on another note, Palm Photography owner kokonutjc won best Matrix!

what kinda bodykit is that? And how did he tint his taillight. Thanks
Old 05-14-06, 11:20 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

The bodykit is a prototype by BMagic. ETA on the release is unkown right now. The design was done by one of our very own CL members. Taillights have a smoke colored film on it courtesy of Sticker City here in SoCal. Our own CL vendor Aerotect also carries the film as well.
Old 05-15-06, 12:36 AM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Great looking GS....

Old 05-15-06, 03:58 PM
PeteV
Driver School Candidate

I guess I'd feel pretty silly rolling up to a meet with a stock GS, maybe many others feel the same? The only "mod" I've done is to hardwire in my V1. I don't think you'd find me at a meet in SoCal.
Old 05-15-06, 05:15 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by PeteV
I guess I'd feel pretty silly rolling up to a meet with a stock GS, maybe many others feel the same? The only "mod" I've done is to hardwire in my V1. I don't think you'd find me at a meet in SoCal.

Well, you're right. That is what some people think.

In NorCal, we have been consistently organizing meets for 4+ years. Our meets are about meeting people with common interests and for the new members, we totally expect some of them to come with little or few mods. Heck, we all started out that way !

That's the whole point, is for them to see what others have done and share our experience.

Ask the veteran members and you will find that we are more like an extended family. We often do things and invite each other to occaisions that have nothing to do with our passion for Lexus cars.

When it comes to holding mini meets, asking for help and questions, a lot of times we don't even post, because we can just call people. We are a tight knit group, however we do what we can to make everyone feel welcome. At bigger meets, nametags are a must.

It sure would be nice to have more 3rd gen involvement.
Old 05-17-06, 12:49 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PeteV
I used to feel that way about coming to the events, because my car was for the most part bone stock, and more importantly because the paint on my car is really, really, really bad (from buying the car online and not seeing it first hand ). But like RMMGS4 said, its not about what your car looks like, so much as it is about fellowship, making new friends, and yes, the group is like an extended family. My first official meet was last years End Of Summer (EOS) meet, and since then, Ive tried to make as many of the meets as possible because its fun, and informative, and you get to see what other members are doing to their cars that might help influence your decisions to mod, or at a minimum, you get to learn more about your car.

Just my 2 cents =)

Oh and if helps, my paint just got worse because I tried to do a quick self fix job that just made it more noticeable (that's what happens when your broke and out or work, with too much time on your hands!! haha). BUT Im still going to this Saturday's meet!
Old 05-17-06, 03:25 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Like Mark, my first meet was a EOS (end of summer meet) which was two years ago. Since then I think I've been at every meet since and even helped out at a few. We are pretty tight knit here in norcal, a great group of guys which I all consider friends. Not all of us have extremely modded cars, RMMGS4 and Rominl win hands down.
Old 05-17-06, 09:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Like Mark, my first meet was a EOS (end of summer meet) which was two years ago. Since then I think I've been at every meet since and even helped out at a few. We are pretty tight knit here in norcal, a great group of guys which I all consider friends. Not all of us have extremely modded cars, RMMGS4 and Rominl win hands down.
haha come on, don't scare people like that, my car is pretty stock
Old 05-18-06, 11:26 AM
RMMGS4

Now that this post got moved out of the 3rd Gen GS section, I'll bet it will lose a lot of steam.

The problem is a lot of newbies (i.e. 3rd Gen GS, 2nd Gen IS) don't discover our NorCal forums for a while and sometimes not at all.

Many will just jump directly into their model forums and not even bother looking at the NorCal region. They may scan the classifieds or vendor forums, but it surely doesn't help for our region to be listed at the very bottom of the forum page.

I know this for a fact because I ask most newbies how they find out about our forum.

The only time we get forum wide exposure is whenever we post a major meet announcement as a sticky.

We obviously don't do that for every meet, which means even more delay in people finding us.

If we are to continue to grow as a community, then we need to see to it that new members know that there is also activity going on at the regional level which in turn promotes a strong and active community online, IMO.

So I don't know if moving this thread to the regional forum is necessarily the "smart" thing to do. It only stayed on the 3rd gen forum for like 3 days, which is hardly enough exposure, considering casual viewers might not check the forums more often than once every 1 or 2 weeks.

To me, moving this post was defeating "MY" purpose. Surely we can come up with a solution for Next gen owners (i.e. newbies) to have better visibility of their local community, especially one that is as actively recruiting as NorCal.

DaveGS4 and Rominl are your reading this?
Old 05-18-06, 09:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Now that this post got moved out of the 3rd Gen GS section, I'll bet it will lose a lot of steam.

The problem is a lot of newbies (i.e. 3rd Gen GS, 2nd Gen IS) don't discover our NorCal forums for a while and sometimes not at all.

Many will just jump directly into their model forums and not even bother looking at the NorCal region. They may scan the classifieds or vendor forums, but it surely doesn't help for our region to be listed at the very bottom of the forum page.

I know this for a fact because I ask most newbies how they find out about our forum.

The only time we get forum wide exposure is whenever we post a major meet announcement as a sticky.

We obviously don't do that for every meet, which means even more delay in people finding us.

If we are to continue to grow as a community, then we need to see to it that new members know that there is also activity going on at the regional level which in turn promotes a strong and active community online, IMO.

So I don't know if moving this thread to the regional forum is necessarily the "smart" thing to do. It only stayed on the 3rd gen forum for like 3 days, which is hardly enough exposure, considering casual viewers might not check the forums more often than once every 1 or 2 weeks.

To me, moving this post was defeating "MY" purpose. Surely we can come up with a solution for Next gen owners (i.e. newbies) to have better visibility of their local community, especially one that is as actively recruiting as NorCal.

DaveGS4 and Rominl are your reading this?
i understand what you are saying but rules are rules, this thread definitely belongs to the regional forum. last thing we want to see is 5 threads in the model forum asking "where are you from". there are a lot of ways for regional members to encourage new members to go to local forums, by informing them in their normal posts/questions, etc...

and it's also members' own benefit to explore more by reading more than just the model forum, they have to learn how to look around and get in touch with more people. it's just like how people should learn how to search rather than asking questions every time. we can't go and baby every one
Old 05-18-06, 10:46 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by rominl
i understand what you are saying but rules are rules, this thread definitely belongs to the regional forum. last thing we want to see is 5 threads in the model forum asking "where are you from". there are a lot of ways for regional members to encourage new members to go to local forums, by informing them in their normal posts/questions, etc...

and it's also members' own benefit to explore more by reading more than just the model forum, they have to learn how to look around and get in touch with more people. it's just like how people should learn how to search rather than asking questions every time. we can't go and baby every one

Yes, we do have the senior members refer people to local forums, but that's about all I see when it comes to educating people how to use the forums. We can direct them only when they ask. I would say that the 3rd gen. GS owners, for example, may not only be new to CL they may be new to automotive forum discussions in general, so they can't ask what they don't know. This is where the babying comes in. There has to be a better way.

My point here is not that I wish this thread was put back in the 3rd gen, my point is that moving this thread to the regional section has rendered it almost useless. It's not that I'm arguing the rules of what I can't do, I'm asking for suggestions on what WE CAN do.

Yes, people need to learn, but in order to learn quickly they have to be EDUCATED. This is where CL is weak in focus, IMO. I think something like a "new user how to get started" or "how to navigate" guide would be useful. A set of FAQ's might be another way to EDUCATE people. These are just examples I can think of; but I'm hoping there are some better ideas out there.

So I will repeat my original call for help. Can we " come up with a solution for Next gen owners (i.e. newbies) to have better visibility of their local community, especially one that is as actively recruiting as NorCal ? "

The solution obviously benefits all regions, not just NorCal.

I don't expect an answer or a fix to happen over night, I just hope I can stir up some brain cells in those who have influence in improving CL; enough so that one day this will be recognized as an added improvement to the CL experience.
Old 05-30-06, 02:35 AM
kissbang
Pole Position

San Francisco.
It's bone stock dudes. There just isn't enough mods out there yet that won't cost an arm and leg. Or maybe it's just too soon. But yeah, any in the city?

Quick Reply: Where are all the NorCal 3rd Gen GS Owners ?