Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

EXACT Re-Grand Opening POST MEET THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-06, 08:27 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default EXACT Re-Grand Opening POST MEET THREAD

Thanks everyone who attended the meet. The wheather turned out great and it actually got a little toasty.

Every person who registered for the event received a 20% discount coupon off of labor services from Exact Motorsports.

So for example: a $500 labor job will only cost ya $400. That's a cool deal, especially when their 30/60/90k service already kicks butt on what the dealer charges. Or something like a $200 lowered spring install is only gonna cost $160.

They also handed out about $350 worth in gift certificates as well as a couple of free laps at LeMans Go-KArting.

All together about 70 cars showed. Not bad for what was planned to be just a MINI MEET.

Thanks to Sandy and John for being excellent hosts, lots of food and drink on a very thirsty day.

Thanks to Jeff and Stella (Kokonutjc) for getting together with his Matirx /Toyota gang and helping me run this meet and providing the Karting raffle tickets,

There will soon be an announcement posted for our 3rd Annual BOS 3, Beginning of Summer Meet coming next month.

This is one meet you won't wanna miss.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-21-06 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-20-06, 03:59 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice seeing everyone there.. very big turn out!
Old 05-20-06, 05:34 PM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Old 05-20-06, 05:38 PM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Old 05-20-06, 05:41 PM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Old 05-20-06, 06:21 PM
A17322A
Driver School Candidate

it was great seeing everyone again. Good turn out. hope to see ya guys again
Old 05-20-06, 06:38 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sweet pics bruddah Troy...you even got my bucket in there! haha! It was definitely great seeing everyone again, and I think the turnout was great and the event was a success considering the short amount of time it took to plan. As always, its great seeing the awesome cars, and seeing and talking to their great owners
Old 05-20-06, 07:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very nice guys, nice pics!

great turnout for a relatively short notice, and it's sooo nice to see all the old and new faces. food was great too! thank y ou exact for pulling it off.

hope someone got pics of the lgw wall of cars, that's very sweet i think!

thank you everyone for coming!!!!
Old 05-20-06, 09:02 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As usual NorCal sure knows how to throw a nicely well executed meet. I tried to meet as many folks and put the names to the faces as I can.

Solo, enojy the Padron from Nicaragua. Let me know when the kid is coming. I got something else special for you to enjoy.

cvc_10851, firestorm, Arie, leeshdw it was a pleasure to meet you guys.
Madness, hope you can come to more of our meets.
kts_GS3. One of the cleanest 1st gen GS's around Norcal.
And a few other newbies, sorry I already forgot your names, it was cool meeting you y'all.
And the oldies, it's always nice to hang out w/ you guys and talk cars.

There was a RX-7 w/ a LS1 (5.7L) engine w/ a big-a?? exhaust.
There were about 3-5 nicely preserved and modded clean 300ZX's.
A nice black G35 showed up.

Of course, the Matrix and Corolla club represented in numbers as well.
After the meet, JSPECsc, myself, kokonutjc and his Matrix crew, and a few corollas went out for a nice twisty and windy cruise on Calaveras Road (off of 680) at around 3:45pm.
Boy, it sure was a challenge for my sc430. I'll need to get sway bars next time when we do these twisty roads. It was a nice cruise thru Sunol to Milpitas and very exhilerating.
Those matrixs' sure can grip those hair-pin turns on a dime. I just stayed in back, enjoyed my stoogie, pumped the tunes and scenery w/ the top down. Thanks for the ride, guys.

If i missed anyone, hope to see you at BOS.

P.S. If anyone didn't get a ClubLexus sticker (the old one), you better come see me at BOS cause I don't have many left and they're not making anymore of these.

Last edited by martini3; 05-20-06 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-20-06, 09:50 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

It was great to see everyone again. Mark, good to see you from the start to end of a meet. Troy, some nice pics there and I see you got them posted too. Sorry Tee, I think we left before you headed out for the cruise. TAMR_Gus98, sorry Jason and I just missed you. Drunkenfoolio, they called 1 number away from your ticket. Jimbo, good seeing you again but I should have just waited up for you.
Old 05-20-06, 10:09 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Congrats to John and Sandy, Exact Motorsports for their new location! The new shop is huge and for once, its actually organized! =D King Egg Roll's were outta-control! Thank you for having us.

Was a real pleasure catching-up with everyone. Just wish there were more time to meet everyone else.

- Tee, thanks a bunch for the stogie... I will plan on the perfect time to light it up. What else do you recommend?
- Henry, good job on the CL wall of fame. Glad you finally wiped ur car down... =D
- Glen, another successful meet under the belt. Keep 'em coming...
- Arie, the car looks great. you owe me a ride around the block...
- Brian, what happened to ur bumper..?!?! the decals were sweet! who made 'em..? =D
- Rolo & Aldrin, you 2 need to get a room... and leave the rest of us alone.. ha!
- Jeff and all Matrix group, great representing! Nice of you to blast ur Jazz music for listening pleasure. There were 1 Matrix with Bride seats and Rotora BBK. -nice!
- Chuck and Mani, was a great getting to know you and ur wife today. Ur 600 hp Monster Z is truly incredible. Glad to see some seriously modified 300ZTTs around today. I would take that over the 350Z any-day.
- Troy, glad to finally see the GS. Those fenders are damn sweet.. say "hi" to Dee.
- Ron, I will see you on Monday for more Badminton lessons. =D
- RedGS, damn those HRE's never get old!
- Anthony, nice meeting you... keep us posted on the Endless BBK... Baller!

To everyone else, come to BOS and we can chat more.

-sOlo-
Old 05-20-06, 11:17 PM
onemph05
Driver School Candidate

I'm Richard, head of Bay Area Corolla and owner of the SSM C-XRS. Our club just started this Feb. We've grown to 12 members since Feb and slowly inviting more members into the Corolla family. I've known Jeff(kokonutjc) and Bay Area Matrix members for over a year now. Met Glen during the wed. night IS meets at San Jose last year.

I want to thank EXact, those who setup the event and everyone there. My 4th meet with the Lexus community and the best so far! What I've heard about the people here was true. A friendly and easy going group.

Tee nice talking to you about cigars. It brought back memories of my grandad...

Solo, it was nice meeting you. I've seen your car at events around the Bay and pics posted on IS300, but never met the owner until today.

See you guys June 17th at LeMans Karting. Looking forward to meeting more of you...
Old 05-20-06, 11:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by onemph05
I'm Richard, head of Bay Area Corolla and owner of the SSM C-XRS. Our club just started this Feb. We've grown to 12 members since Feb and slowly inviting more members into the Corolla family. I've known Jeff(kokonutjc) and Bay Area Matrix members for over a year now. Met Glen during the wed. night IS meets at San Jose last year.

I want to thank EXact, those who setup the event and everyone there. My 4th meet with the Lexus community and the best so far! What I've heard about the people here was true. A friendly and easy going group.

Tee nice talking to you about cigars. It brought back memories of my grandad...

Solo, it was nice meeting you. I've seen your car at events around the Bay and pics posted on IS300, but never met the owner until today.

See you guys June 17th at LeMans Karting. Looking forward to meeting more of you...
welcome to clublexus richard! saw you but didn't have time to talk. definitely stick around, we are all family and it's going to be a lot of fun. make sure you come to our EOS (end of summer), that's going to be the bomb

it's so nice we are hanging out with different clubs now, that's so much fun!
Old 05-21-06, 12:17 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Hey all it was nice seeing a few of you guys again. We didn't stick around for too long since Lloyd had some mysterious illness. (ebola..? who knows.. ) It was nice chatting with you Solo, Serena is getting big!! Hopefully I'll have my kit the next time the "Vertex group" meets up again LOL. Great job you guys on the Lexus collage it turned out really nice. Hopefully I'll be able to chat with a few more of you guys the next time around.
Old 05-21-06, 12:50 AM
kts_GS3
Lead Lap

Thanks Glen, Henry and everyone else that helped put this event/meet together. I usually don't make it to many of these "smaller" meets but wanted to show support for Exact for their great work.

Got a chance to meet some new people. Great chatting with you Teeman, firestorm and another SC430 member's name I can't remember (sorry!). As also, this meet was very well organized, lots of food, cool people, great raffle (even though I didn't win anything ).

Keep up the GREAT work!!

Quick Reply: EXACT Re-Grand Opening POST MEET THREAD