Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

3rd Annual Beginning Of Summer Super Meet (Double Header )

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-06, 10:26 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Would love to stop by the house!! Just gotta find the time, been kinda busy lately. Umm, 9am? Goodguys lot is fine with me, not sure about Jimbo. He wanted some place closer to 101.
Ron, I won't be caravaning w/ you guys this time since I'm not going to the start of the seminar, will get there at the end before the 50 plus car cruise to Fremont. (and I ain't always late, remember I was one of the first ones at the Potrero/16th St meet up).
Old 06-12-06, 10:52 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

I'll leave it to the Chinese locals to pick the dim sum place. i'll be there with my appetite.
Old 06-12-06, 11:19 PM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

Since we have roughly 50 cars on this caravan from custom alignment to lemans, should be break out the walkie talkies?

And speaking of caravan, does anyone want to roll down to custom alignment together? TAMR_GUS98, Jimbo, JYGS430 (eh, he's always late), Garcia, Sportcoupe(o wait he's in redwood city), Solo, Al7ezza, Asiangrl007(where are you staying this time)?
Hey can I join you guys for the carivan down to Custom Alignment? I'm planning on going thru SF. If I can just let me know when and when.
Old 06-13-06, 12:32 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JyGS430
Ryan, Millbrae does have good dim sum places: Flower Lounge, F-o-o-k Yuen, Hong Kong Pavilion and Zen Peninsula. But like Koi Palace, esp. since its Father's Day, will be exremely packed even when they first open. If you try going during peak time, expect over an hour wait, probably more.
Agreed on that Father's Day comment. Koi Palace is a minimum 1 1/2 hour wait on a regular Sunday already so I would be expecting a 2+ hour wait at any of the above places. But I'm going to have to disagree with whoever said that Koi Palace is way overpriced though, I don't think Koi Palace is overpriced, it's about the same as Flower Lounge and Harbor Village (when it was open). I'd rather pay more for better ambiance and cleaner restrooms. Pricey yes but far from overpriced..and plus I'm not down with sharing a table with cockroaches lol.
Old 06-13-06, 01:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
Agreed on that Father's Day comment. Koi Palace is a minimum 1 1/2 hour wait on a regular Sunday already so I would be expecting a 2+ hour wait at any of the above places. But I'm going to have to disagree with whoever said that Koi Palace is way overpriced though, I don't think Koi Palace is overpriced, it's about the same as Flower Lounge and Harbor Village (when it was open). I'd rather pay more for better ambiance and cleaner restrooms. Pricey yes but far from overpriced..and plus I'm not down with sharing a table with cockroaches lol.
hahaha ok i should probably rephrase it as pricey that's for sure, but i think it's unwarranted to say that non-pricey places are dirty and you share your table with roaches. i never found anything incredibly annoying at abc restaurant at milpitas! and to me, i don't see how much cleaner koi palace is than some other places i have been to

and btw, wait? you guys wake up way too late. i always go to restaurant at 9am when they open. you get all the tables for you to choose from, and the dim sum comes to you one by one rather than you fight 20 mins for the dish you want.

i always finish my dim sum by 11 and when i leave everyone is crying for tables
Old 06-13-06, 01:32 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

The comment I made about paying more for cleanliness was directed towards the pricier dim sum restaurants in general, not just Koi Palace. Koi Palace is definitely on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to cleanliness but there definitely isn't grafitti on the walls and wet toilet paper on the floor when I walk in. When the Harbor Village Restaurant at the Embarcadero was open I used to go there a lot. The restrooms were TINY but they were always clean. I always judge the cleanliness of a restaurant on how clean their restrooms are and they passed with flying colors. Of course there are going to be places with excellent dim sum but appear dirty, shoot I love those places just as much as the next person! I KNOW you guys go to those places that are open late and you know that you REALLLLLLY shouldn't eat there but that place is just so damn good. But when it comes to dim sum though I would just much rather pay the extra and have a better environment. I like writing down what I want on a piece of paper and having them bring me my dim sum rather than always being on the lookout for what I wanted. Bottom line is, you get what you pay for.

Oh and we like to sleep in the weekends, we can't help but whine about the wait times. But that is why we have reservations.

Last edited by miss_IS300; 06-13-06 at 01:38 AM.
Old 06-13-06, 08:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hey guys, request here. corkycal, from socal is currently in norcal and wanna come to the BOS meet. he's up in berkeley right by UCB, but he doesn't have a car himself. anyone coming from that route and willing to bring along calvin? he's a very nice guy
Old 06-13-06, 09:05 AM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Default Morphed to Dim Sum Thread???

Originally Posted by rominl
hahaha ok i should probably rephrase it as pricey that's for sure, but i think it's unwarranted to say that non-pricey places are dirty and you share your table with roaches. i never found anything incredibly annoying at abc restaurant at milpitas! and to me, i don't see how much cleaner koi palace is than some other places i have been to

and btw, wait? you guys wake up way too late. i always go to restaurant at 9am when they open. you get all the tables for you to choose from, and the dim sum comes to you one by one rather than you fight 20 mins for the dish you want.

i always finish my dim sum by 11 and when i leave everyone is crying for tables
Yeah you're right about going right when a place opens up (but there might be an exception to that on Mother's/Father's Days) at 9 or 10am. But like Miss IS300, I like to sleep in, plus I prefer dim sum as my lunch not breakfast if eating too early. I didn't even know that Harbor Village was no longer open, hardly ever go to that corner of the City to eat (Canton on Folsom is pretty good).
Old 06-13-06, 09:08 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hey guys, request here. corkycal, from socal is currently in norcal and wanna come to the BOS meet. he's up in berkeley right by UCB, but he doesn't have a car himself. anyone coming from that route and willing to bring along calvin? he's a very nice guy

thanks for the post henry. i would love to attend this event but i have no car here in norcal. i live on shattuck and virgina (about 2-3 blocks from UC Berkeley). anyone in this area, let me know so i can catch a ride with you.

alternative is to meet at a Bart station on the East Bay if it's easier. PM if you can do this.
Old 06-13-06, 09:14 AM
huNGjaii
Pole Position

Will attend the first meet in Mountain View.
Old 06-13-06, 09:47 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Alright James, I did forget you were the first at starbucks that one time.

Drunkenfoolio, it turns out that Tamr_gus98 and I were requested to show up a bit earlier to setup. We are still planning on a caravan but just us 2, if you would like to still come we're leaving at 8am. Let me know i'll give you the details.
Old 06-13-06, 01:30 PM
Jimbo2828
Pole Position

Would love to stop by the house!! Just gotta find the time, been kinda busy lately. Umm, 9am? Goodguys lot is fine with me, not sure about Jimbo. He wanted some place closer to 101.
good guys is good for me
Old 06-13-06, 01:47 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry Jimbo. Unless you want to come early the caravan is cancelled. We're leaving at 8 to help out.
Old 06-13-06, 03:28 PM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jimbo2828
good guys is good for me
Jimbo since Ron and Will are not going to wait @ da Old Good Guys I can if you like. I will be going thru that way.
Old 06-13-06, 06:41 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Glen,
I'll be there at the custom alignment event and to caravan, I may or may not race. I will be driving down from the Sac/Roseville area if anyone else is headed in from that general area. Will bring the GS for sure, might have my daughter drive the SC as well if we feel like bringing two cars. Bet I can convince her to try the carts. See you on Sat morning! Anyone looking to caravan from Sac let me know.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Beginning Of Summer Super Meet (Double Header )