Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Who's Going to BOS from the Roseville/Sac Area?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-06, 11:08 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DetMich1
Hey Glen, great to have you chimin' in. Gateway, I take it you are based in the Elk Grove area, is that right? If so, then we should start this convoy somewhere along Hwy 50 and then head west to catch I 80. As far as 49IS300 is concerned, I think the best solution for him is to meet at the Concord staging site since he is already pretty close to there and has to back track a bit to catch 680. Leeshdw, are you up for leaving early enough to get to Concord around 8:00 AM? SBMGS4, it sounds as if we should have 3 or 4 more cars joining up with your group in Concord. How many will there be for the trip to CA?

Originally three..now it looks like six or seven. Should be a "fun" drive down to CA. Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone Saturday morning...bright and early!!!
Old 06-15-06, 11:32 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SBMGS4
Originally three..now it looks like six or seven. Should be a "fun" drive down to CA. Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone Saturday morning...bright and early!!!
Sounds like things are coming together real well. Six or seven cars together in a convoy should be easily manageable and still a large enough grouping to get us noticed. Hope everyone takes the time tomorrow to polish up their whip! We wanna look sharp.
Old 06-15-06, 11:40 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 49IS300
Thats totally cool with me. I'll see you guys at Concord. Cant wait.
Great, glad that makes sense to you. I think that arrangement is the best solution for all concerned. We should have a nice sized group for the run to Mountain View. See you Sat 8:00 Am in the Bank of America parking lot by the Sun Valley Mall (Willow Pass Rd and I-680 in Concord). If you have time, put on an extra coat of wax. Let's all look sharp!
Old 06-16-06, 01:27 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope everyone takes the time tomorrow to polish up their whip! We wanna look sharp.
No amount of polishing is gonna help my bucket at this point...I'll wait until EOS comes to look sharp....so stick me in the back of the convoy, I'll bring up the rear!!! LOL!
Old 06-16-06, 06:03 AM
jdmdaddy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by markgs4
No amount of polishing is gonna help my bucket at this point...I'll wait until EOS comes to look sharp....so stick me in the back of the convoy, I'll bring up the rear!!! LOL!
You's a foo Mark.. see you Sat. brah!

DetMich1:
Yup I'm down hwy 99. I can't really think of a good spot to meet up at on 50. Any ideas?

49IS300:
See you there in Concord!

leeshdw:
Will you be joining the caravan?
Old 06-16-06, 07:40 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Don't worry Mark, the front of my car is pretty bad thanks to 680 driving. Definantly in need of a new coat of paint. Does anyone have a video camera they might be able to bring? I'm going to try to see if I can get a hold of one. Might be kinda cool to do our own little filming of our convoy.
Old 06-16-06, 08:31 AM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lightwave76
Don't worry Mark, the front of my car is pretty bad thanks to 680 driving. Definantly in need of a new coat of paint. Does anyone have a video camera they might be able to bring? I'm going to try to see if I can get a hold of one. Might be kinda cool to do our own little filming of our convoy.
Hey Chris:

You going to film and drive at the same time????
Old 06-16-06, 09:40 AM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by markgs4
Something tells me, you and I are in the same predicament. I too will probably help bring up the rear on this one. I dont mind being near the front, but no one look at the left-side of my rear bumper.

I was hoping my JP/WISE tails were going to be in on time to distract from my unsightly blemishes. LOL.
Old 06-16-06, 09:51 AM
jdmdaddy
Lead Lap

Default ^^ Lol.

Trust me- nothing is as aged as my GS.. also, I had an 18wheeler tire blow in front of me and freakin' smashed up my front bumper a little. It's all good though!
Old 06-16-06, 10:04 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 49IS300
Something tells me, you and I are in the same predicament. I too will probably help bring up the rear on this one. I dont mind being near the front, but no one look at the left-side of my rear bumper.

I was hoping my JP/WISE tails were going to be in on time to distract from my unsightly blemishes. LOL.
Don't worry.....the main thing is that we're not letting these blemishes stop us from going !! We'll just get our stuff together for EOS...that's the grand-daddy of the meets!! Just as long as the camera's and video's stay away from the left rear sides of our rides!! LOL!...I repeat..."the left rear sides"

Again, drive safe tomorrow everyone, and we'll see ya in Concord (make sure you all get your Starbucks fixings too).

Craig, look forward to hooking up with you tomorrow....fooo! haha!
Old 06-16-06, 11:47 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Mike,
Haha, no I'm not going film and drive. My cousin and his gf are coming. She can film cars pretty good. She filmed all his races and other car events.

For all of us with blemishes on the car, you can always spot the Solo band aid like bchau's IS.
Old 06-16-06, 02:40 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lightwave76

For all of us with blemishes on the car, you can always spot the Solo band aid like bchau's IS.
Hey Chris, I need more than a Solo bandaid...I need a Solo bandage!!!!
Old 06-16-06, 02:49 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

yeah i dont think a solo bandaid is big enough to cover my baby's boo-boo. Mine needs plasitc surgery. LOL.
Old 06-16-06, 04:00 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

If only someone had a friend who was a good painter.... And their labor was paid in food and drink
Old 06-16-06, 10:24 PM
leeshdw
Driver

Hey Glen, great to have you chimin' in. Gateway, I take it you are based in the Elk Grove area, is that right? If so, then we should start this convoy somewhere along Hwy 50 and then head west to catch I 80. As far as 49IS300 is concerned, I think the best solution for him is to meet at the Concord staging site since he is already pretty close to there and has to back track a bit to catch 680. Leeshdw, are you up for leaving early enough to get to Concord around 8:00 AM? SBMGS4, it sounds as if we should have 3 or 4 more cars joining up with your group in Concord. How many will there be for the trip to CA?

Hey sorry for the late reply. I will be leaving around 5am. I need to drop by San Fran to pick up my Helmet. I will then try to caravan with BC-GS430 and TAMR_GUS98 to Custom.