Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

*** Offiicial BOS 2006 Event Coverage ***

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-06, 06:17 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Thanks Glen for all your hard work. It was nice seeing the NorCal gang again and meeting a few new peeps as well.

I was extremely bummed about having to pass on racing because of stupid closed toe shoe rule (darn platform sandals) and this picture pretty much sums up the day for me. I was melting:

thanx for selling the tickets to my friend..he wanted me to thank again but you left
Old 06-18-06, 06:27 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats to Glen for running a great event. All the hard work you and everyone else put in really showed yesterday. I had a great time attending and got to meet some cool people. Everyone was really friendly! I had a great time at Custom Alignment, I walked away feeling like I had learned a lot. I can't reiterate how refreshing it was to meet such friendly people and I know I will definitely attend more meets. Hopefully by EOS I'll have my interior done.
Old 06-18-06, 08:33 PM
JaE oh EN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
but seems like on the trophy it says CL? i don't know, i just heard
the trophy should be to is300.net since it looked like glenn was racing for CL, but its all for the same family since some of us are on both forums actively anyway...
Old 06-18-06, 08:54 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Exclamation Lets Do It Again Soon!

Definately had lots of fun. Unfortunately, the battery died on my camera. Did not have to take any after all thanks to Solo. Next time, I will make sure and bring pants and a long sleeve t-shirt. Having to put on that sweaty race suit was disgusting.
Great to see that our NorCal family is growing. Lets do it again soon.
See You All At EOS,
Will
Old 06-18-06, 08:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by JaE oh EN
the trophy should be to is300.net since it looked like glenn was racing for CL, but its all for the same family since some of us are on both forums actively anyway...
ah gotcha.

yeah dont' get me wrong, i don't really care as long as everyone had fun, that's what we all want all one family

Originally Posted by Suneet
Congrats to Glen for running a great event. All the hard work you and everyone else put in really showed yesterday. I had a great time attending and got to meet some cool people. Everyone was really friendly! I had a great time at Custom Alignment, I walked away feeling like I had learned a lot. I can't reiterate how refreshing it was to meet such friendly people and I know I will definitely attend more meets. Hopefully by EOS I'll have my interior done.
man you were a big part of the meet too, everyone was! we need people to represent all models, and you did that for the LS best of luck on all the upcoming mods for your car
Old 06-18-06, 09:51 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JaE oh EN

Yes, RoLo won the karting. I knew he was a RINGER, so I asked him to represent my.IS so some other CL members would be eligible for the finals, though TECHNICALLY he signed up on ClubLexus. No matter, he represented Lexus and we should be proud that he helped the other clubs take notice.

We represented the largest club at the meet, most of us rolled into the meet together in the convoy and made a GRAND ENTRANCE to the meet. We showed poise and were cordial with other folk who asked about our cars or just shoot the breeze.

Our large numbers and class is something to be proud of. I'm not here to brag, I'm here to point out that we set a good example. This should motivate a lot of the other clubs to have a better showing next year and get more of their peeps to come and represent.

Congrats to Rolando and congrats to ALL who attended; this includes our Toyota Family Bretheren.
Old 06-18-06, 10:03 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by xxxalwayzspeedinxxx
thanx for selling the tickets to my friend..he wanted me to thank again but you left
No problem. I'm just glad I found you guys and the ticket went to good use and not wasted. I tried to get your buddy to take the t-shirt too, but he wasn't feelin' a size small shirt. lol
Old 06-18-06, 10:07 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
No problem. I'm just glad I found you guys and the ticket went to good use and not wasted. I tried to get your buddy to take the t-shirt too, but he wasn't feelin' a size small shirt. lol
you should have told him it was a tube top he likes that *****...lol he would have probably wore it driving the go-kart..thanx again
Old 06-18-06, 10:11 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Yes, RoLo won the karting. I knew he was a RINGER, so I asked him to represent my.IS so some other CL members would be eligible for the finals, though TECHNICALLY he signed up on ClubLexus. No matter, he represented Lexus and we should be proud that he helped the other clubs take notice.

We represented the largest club at the meet, most of us rolled into the meet together in the convoy and made a GRAND ENTRANCE to the meet. We showed poise and were cordial with other folk who asked about our cars or just shoot the breeze.

Our large numbers and class is something to be proud of. I'm not here to brag, I'm here to point out that we set a good example. This should motivate a lot of the other clubs to have a better showing next year and get more of their peeps to come and represent.

Congrats to Rolando and congrats to ALL who attended; this includes our Toyota Family Bretheren.

thanx for a great meet and to everyone who helped out...we should have more meets like this with activities instead of standing around all day.....i vote for more go-karting or maybe a paintball shoot out clublexus vs .net,...boosted vs NA CARS
Old 06-18-06, 10:23 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Talking Big props to Glen and Jeff!

Now that I've cooled down and am no longer cranky and hot, I'm in a good mood.

Much thanks to Glen, Jeff, and the guys who helped out behind the scenes. It was another successful meet. I had to bail out early due to heat stroke. It ruined my day and also that I wasn't able to race, but I would've been even hotter from the race suits, helmet, and gloves. It was nobody's fault it was so hot on Saturday, I still enjoyed hanging out with everyone.

Sat morning - I was determined to be on time for a change for the 12 pm convoy to Fremont. Unfortunately, my car was filthy. It came down to a choice of being late (as usual) with a clean car OR show up on time and try to dodge any cameras because my car was so dirty it was embarrassing. I showed up on time and made a few people surprised!
Luckily, it seems I was able to "hide" my car from any photos, but then again maybe people with cameras refused to take picture of dirty car. lol

I took a few pics of our 30 or so cars lining up for convoy to Fremont. The funniest part was a guy in a van was blocked in and couldn't get out.
Notice the van in background right under middle streetlamp:

He was like "WTF?" so people had to move their cars so he could get out:

We had 2 rows of cars and lines were so long it was impossible to get it all in one picture. LOL

I stood on a wall but was still unable to get all cars in one shot. Argh:

I was behind teeman for start of convoy. He was melting in convertable because we just sat around in hot sun while trying to get everyone lined up:

Thanks again to the NorCal crew and I'm looking forward to EOS!

Old 06-18-06, 10:28 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

i didnt get to meet u liz =(
Old 06-18-06, 10:36 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by imaputz
i didnt get to meet u liz =(
I was the Korean chick sweating her azz off while beeching & whining about the heat and driving the filthy, dirty, and bird crap covered '04 Alabaster IS300. I was hard to miss. hahahaha.
But I'll see you at EOS when I will be in the right closed toe shoes (no more platform sandals!) and we can race for the title to de-throne Rolo.
Old 06-18-06, 10:43 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Talking You Made It Home!

Liz,
Glad to see you made it home safe. Did the chinese food make it home with you or did you stop and eat it along the way?
See You At EOS,
Will
Old 06-18-06, 10:51 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Talking Wrong Way Liz

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Liz,
Glad to see you made it home safe. Did the chinese food make it home with you or did you stop and eat it along the way?
See You At EOS,
Will
LOL...Chinese food was under the air conditioning vents in my car the whole way home, it's now safely put away in my fridge and I'll be heating it up in about 5 minutes. I had to come back to your house for it because I went through a lot beforehand keeping it with me and well preserved.

And it wouldn't be a complete NorCal trip for me if I didn't get lost at least once. I missed a freeway onramp from Jean's directions and was going the wrong way at one point. Luckily Henry answered my call for help and said "Oh boy, tsk tsk, get off the freeway RIGHT NOW and turn around otherwise you will end up back in San Francisco!"
Old 06-18-06, 11:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh guys you have NO IDEA............ i was almost home already on 101 (about stanford) when my phone rang

"umm...... henry..... i am on 280..... i am supposed to take 92? but that's going the wrong direction? where's the bridge?!"
"92 becomes the bridge liz, and after that i think you take the 238"
"oh......................"

just when i thought it's all done, and i was working from home, my phone rang again

"henry, i am on 580 west heading to oakland, am i doing the right thing?"
"wtf?! what are you doing there? you missed 238?"
"errr.... yeah, i missed it"
"oh god..... ok....... and what the heck are you doing on 580 west?"
"doesn't it hit 5?"
"omg...... the other way!!!!!! take 580 east!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"oh............."

thank god california is still big enough for liz

Quick Reply: *** Offiicial BOS 2006 Event Coverage ***