Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

*** Offiicial BOS 2006 Event Coverage ***

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 11:55 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Glen,

You can actually send 1gb files via www.yousendit.com. Not sure how fast you connection is though. Let me know if you need someone to edit it, although it won't be anything professional.

Ron

Thanks Ron.

Please call me for this and some other stuff.
Old 07-10-06, 10:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

there were two people taking videos?!

btw glen, where the heck were you this past weekend, i called you and no one answered..
Old 07-11-06, 11:51 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, Chan took the other video. Although I didn't see him filming, I think he missed the pack in the rear that I eventually broke away from to catch you guys.
Old 07-11-06, 12:46 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by rominl

btw glen, where the heck were you this past weekend, i called you and no one answered..

Was kinda sick on Sunday. Never heard the call.

We're making progress in all areas.

Update later.
Old 07-11-06, 05:57 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Chan took the other video. Although I didn't see him filming, I think he missed the pack in the rear that I eventually broke away from to catch you guys.
Damn Ron, you must have really broke away to make it all the way up to the front to Glen and I,..though I already know first hand how fast you drive! haha!
Old 07-11-06, 07:05 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

wheres the teaser trailer =)
Old 07-11-06, 08:37 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by markgs4
Damn Ron, you must have really broke away to make it all the way up to the front to Glen and I,..though I already know first hand how fast you drive! haha!
Yup I broke away from being 5 or 6 from the rear to like 4th from the front. I won't say who was holding up the pack in the rear. But shoot i didn't even see the pack for a few mins while i was playing catchup.
Old 07-11-06, 08:43 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Yup I broke away from being 5 or 6 from the rear to like 4th from the front. I won't say who was holding up the pack in the rear. But shoot i didn't even see the pack for a few mins while i was playing catchup.
someone blamed me for holding the pack up... haaha....... i blame the prius and eurovan blocking up the 2 lanes! they were going soooo slow...this was when we were merging from 101 - 237...... by the time i got around them it was too late im sure.

edit: i also didn't see the pack for a while..... didn't seem like anyone was going 65 mph to me.... more like 90+ for me to catchup
Old 07-11-06, 09:01 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Where'd They Go?

You guys had me worried. I had to go 50 in the slow lane, and completely lost sight of the first group, just to wait for my group to catch up. Hope that video shows up soon. We'd all love to see it.
-Will
Old 07-11-06, 09:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
You guys had me worried. I had to go 50 in the slow lane, and completely lost sight of the first group, just to wait for my group to catch up. Hope that video shows up soon. We'd all love to see it.
-Will
man, doing 50 and doing 0, that's big difference. we were stuck behind that traffic light!!!! like i said kary and i were doing 80+ to catch up with you guys

Originally Posted by imaputz
someone blamed me for holding the pack up... haaha....... i blame the prius and eurovan blocking up the 2 lanes! they were going soooo slow...this was when we were merging from 101 - 237...... by the time i got around them it was too late im sure.

edit: i also didn't see the pack for a while..... didn't seem like anyone was going 65 mph to me.... more like 90+ for me to catchup
come on, you are driving a is350 and you tell me you couldn't get around them? don't insult the car now david
Old 07-11-06, 10:54 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

i was 2 cars behind u henry =P.... when we were merging to 237... but as soon as u took off......i got stuck =(

prius in the fast lane.... and eurovan in front of me... and they were going sooooooo slow... they purposedly blocked me =(

by then... like you said.. you were giong 80+...... so i was going 90+ =P
Old 07-11-06, 11:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i was 2 cars behind u henry =P.... when we were merging to 237... but as soon as u took off......i got stuck =(

prius in the fast lane.... and eurovan in front of me... and they were going sooooooo slow... they purposedly blocked me =(

by then... like you said.. you were giong 80+...... so i was going 90+ =P
lol, that's why you should have been faster than those people in cutting lanes maybe comeing from socal helps, i feel people in norcal they change lanes way too slow in LA it's scary
Old 07-12-06, 09:46 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Hey don't generalize all the norcal drivers like that. I'm not one of them. Remember I did catch you once I broke away from the pack. Trust me if you drive that people in SF will let you know and you won't get anywhere in SF unless your semi agressive.
Old 07-12-06, 10:42 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

i couldn't cut around them for a while.. they were drving side by side..... i had to almost wait for the 3rd lane to open up
Old 07-12-06, 10:56 AM
RMMGS4

i couldn't cut around them for a while.. they were drving side by side..... i had to almost wait for the 3rd lane to open up

OK so now we know the REAL story eh?

I was up front and I don't think I broke past 55 mph from 101 to 237, but to catch me you would def need to go 75+ to make up even a quarter mile back up.

If we had better range with the walkie talkies, then I would of been able to communicate what to do and maybe even slow down or pull over.

Once we merge on to 237, about a quarter mile down where it goes from 2 to 3 lanes. I would of told everyone to get in the fast lane and be ready to pass the damn Scion then.

In any case we did the best we could do. If I had more time to plan and could do it again, I would of probably lined up cars at the start of 237 near El Camino and then merged everyone.

I still haven't received the other video footage, and then we still have to edit it as well.

Stay Tuned another week or so.

Quick Reply: *** Offiicial BOS 2006 Event Coverage ***