Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

** DriftUnit BBQ3 Coverage ** (NWS pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-06, 11:51 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** DriftUnit BBQ3 Coverage ** (NWS pics inside)

Where do I start... back-to-back weekends at LeMans Karting in Fremont. The weather was perfectly hot and devastating to my face, but this years DriftUnit BBQ went out in great success. Many of the local drifters were present to show their support. Several clubs came rolling-in early in the morning including the EVO Club and a Drift Team from Sacamento. Several shops came to display their products including AutoRnD, Endless USA and Weapon-R.

So who and what is DriftUnit..? Several guys in the SF area started DriftUnit some years back, but the main guy is a fellow name Mark, owner of the infamous all-show & all-go green Nissan S14. This car is a true testiment to the trend in todays tuner scene. With Endless, AME, Origin, Weapon-R, and a host of other sponsors for this year, this car is track driven on a very regular basis. Infact, just last year, Marc met the wall going 90 MPH at a drift event causing him to rebuild completely for this years race season. As you can tell, this fellow has great taste.

Several from the ClubLexus family came to show support as-well. Glen, Rolo, Allan, Anna, Jeff thanks for coming out to discover and meet new ppl in the industry. Rolo came back this second week in full-force. He paid $50 bucks and raced all the way to 2nd Place! Great job out there! For those who has never seen Rolo drive on a track it is truly amazing to see how consistant his lines are lap after lap. Way to rep for the Lexus community!

Thanks to Marc and DriftUnit for this years BBQ3 and Lemans Karting for hosting yet again, another Club Event. Hopefully we will see more CL support. See you all next year!

-Solomon L.
S2L Studio

ALL IMAGES

Last edited by solo; 06-26-06 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-25-06, 12:05 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Old 06-25-06, 12:06 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Old 06-25-06, 12:09 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

It was nice seeing everyone since I missed BOS last week. Fortunately for us the weather wasn't 100+ as predicted. The S14 doesn't have air conditioning so that sucked majorly for me lol I wasn't a happy camper on the way to and from the meet. At least there was shade and a slight breeze. Serena is looking beautiful Solo, she makes a very cute pregnant momma. The car islooking great like always also!
Old 06-25-06, 12:16 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Default *** BONUS ~ Melissa Reign***

Enjoy!

Last edited by EXE.UCF10; 06-25-06 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-25-06, 12:24 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
It was nice seeing everyone since I missed BOS last week. Fortunately for us the weather wasn't 100+ as predicted. The S14 doesn't have air conditioning so that sucked majorly for me lol I wasn't a happy camper on the way to and from the meet. At least there was shade and a slight breeze. Serena is looking beautiful Solo, she makes a very cute pregnant momma. The car islooking great like always also!

hey Anna,

good to see u again... thx, I will tell the wife about ur nice comments. good finally hear what u are planning for the IS3. I think u should go for it and be the first to have the complete appearance.
again, let me know if u need help in any way.

btw, bf's car is sweet!
Old 06-25-06, 12:34 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by solo
hey Anna,

good to see u again... thx, I will tell the wife about ur nice comments. good finally hear what u are planning for the IS3. I think u should go for it and be the first to have the complete appearance.
again, let me know if u need help in any way.

btw, bf's car is sweet!
I really do want to do everything that I have planned but like you, I'm a bit afraid to do "that thing" that we discussed earlier today. Talk about a commitment!! Trust me, you'll get sick of me, I will need all the help I can get if I decide to go forward with "that thing." Lol the bf's car is far from being done, he needs some wheels with a much bigger lip, I'm always teasing him on how he has a weenie offset on those wheels. It holds its own though when it comes to speed.
Old 06-25-06, 01:07 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
I really do want to do everything that I have planned but like you, I'm a bit afraid to do "that thing" that we discussed earlier today. Talk about a commitment!! Trust me, you'll get sick of me, I will need all the help I can get if I decide to go forward with "that thing." Lol the bf's car is far from being done, he needs some wheels with a much bigger lip, I'm always teasing him on how he has a weenie offset on those wheels. It holds its own though when it comes to speed.

ah yes... that is one heavy topic. acutally, u are not alone at this very moment... there is another in on the edge of starting his "no turning back" procedure. I know its a big decision, but once it is completed, it is such an excitement knowing the endless possibilities and freedom. trust me, u will enjoy it more than it is a bothersome.
Old 06-25-06, 10:58 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

ah yes... that is one heavy topic. acutally, u are not alone at this very moment... there is another in on the edge of starting his "no turning back" procedure. I know its a big decision, but once it is completed, it is such an excitement knowing the endless possibilities and freedom. trust me, u will enjoy it more than it is a bothersome.
Yeah one of our friends with another 240sx just did that thing this past weekend. I stood there staring with my eyes wide open going "THAT'S WHAT I HAVE TO DO?!?!?!!?!?!" It's definitely an intimidating procedure but like you said, I will have so many more options afterwards.
Old 06-25-06, 12:28 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aww I missed it. I totally forgot I had work that day. Its alright. Hopefully I can make it to the Formula D event in July.
Old 06-25-06, 02:40 PM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

more pics of the model!
Old 06-25-06, 09:36 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Thats my friend's new toy

I wish I could make it to this meet, I heard it was a nice turn out, but kinda dis-organized.
Great cars!!
Old 06-25-06, 09:41 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Enjoy!
I'm in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-06, 10:25 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS400kid
Thats my friend's new toy

I wish I could make it to this meet, I heard it was a nice turn out, but kinda dis-organized.
Great cars!!
Love the S2 Elise
Old 06-26-06, 10:53 AM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Richie
Love the S2 Elise
Especailly with header and exhaust!!
Also, Ohlins coilover!!!!

Quick Reply: ** DriftUnit BBQ3 Coverage ** (NWS pics inside)