Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

NorCal IS/2IS meet (7/30), post meet discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-06, 08:38 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked the drive. that was my first time driving a road with that many sharp turns and it was pretty fun. everything went pretty well until that crx went off the cliff. but he was ok so that was a plus. it might not have been as organized as it was during the napa valley cruise (this is my second meet) but overall i had a great drive.
Old 07-30-06, 08:41 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wolverine
I liked the drive. that was my first time driving a road with that many sharp turns and it was pretty fun. everything went pretty well until that crx went off the cliff. but he was ok so that was a plus. it might not have been as organized as it was during the napa valley cruise (this is my second meet) but overall i had a great drive.
nice meeting you Tim(?) ... i had a fun time drivng around those sharp turns .... exhilarating... but needs concentration.......... i dont get why those honda guys had to drive waving thier hands out the windows very dumb and dangerous.... which is what happen to the crx guy i bet

David
Old 07-30-06, 08:43 PM
madness
Pole Position

Thank you TeeMan for setting this meet up. I really appreciate it as I know it is hard work to try to get organized for such an event. Thanks to everyone that came out. It was a good turnout and I look forward to seeing everyone at EOS.

Originally Posted by teeman3
Thanks everyone for coming out today. As you can see, unexpected things do happen. The non-CL cars were invited by another CL member to tag along on this winding cruise and this ok since they've been on these cruise meets before.

Unfortunately, the Honda CRX went off the embankment during the cruise and was ok.
I received notice later that his car was still operational other than a minor facial abrasion on the nose. The tow truck did show up 30 minutes later and the car was finally back on it's feet.

As far as social time alotted at the beginning of the meet, there wasn't enough time to get together and chat amongst the members. I tried to stick to the schedule to start the cruise because it was scheduled for 10-12. Given the 20 minutes at Starbucks, I felt we had to start the cruise in order to keep on schedule. I apologize if anyone did not have a chance to chat some more during this time.

With 15+ cars and 20+ people, it's hard to keep track of who's who in the crowd. I tried to introduce the first few people to other members as they showed up, but as more came I couldn't keep up w/ the names/faces of introducing everyone to everyone else. It's up to you to mingle and introduce yourselves amongst the others. But I did try, though.

As far as the photo shoot, since there were a few photopgraphers who snapped numerous photos of each individuals' rides and group photos, I thought that I put 2 SC430's in front of the group photo to mix it up. I was not trying to steal the show/spotlight or be in the way of anyone.
There were many snapped photos of the 2IS as a group and I'm sure that someone will be posting those pics soon. Again, I apologize if this offended anyone in the group.

During a cruise, there will be other cars trying to merge or exit and them getting in the way is common when we have a line of 15+ members cruising along the road. Common courtesy falls into play here and they have every right to cut into our line to exit or merge into another lane.

As I mentioned before, afterwards, if anyone who wishes to get together after the planned agenda, they may free to do so w/ other members to have lunch or get together somewhere else. That's why it's from 10-12 so that other folks have time to leave afterwards for other engagments later in the day. A few folks left early and that was ok. For the remaining folks, the schedule was open and flexible for you guys.

Thanks to Chubbymike and Imaputz for assisting w/ this cruise meet.
We had a good number of 2IS in one location (about 12?) and other models to join as well.

Again, I apologize for any mishaps or mis-communication on my part not explaining and organizing this meet to fit everyone's expectations when they attend a meet such as this one.

I tried my best to accomadate as many folks as I can and to encourage new members to join and attend meets as many as they can throughout the year. I guess I'll have to take a step back and let someone else organize a meet like this one or any future one.

I hope to see y'all at EOS.
Old 07-30-06, 08:50 PM
menech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by imaputz
nice meeting you Tim(?) ... i had a fun time drivng around those sharp turns .... exhilarating... but needs concentration.......... i dont get why those honda guys had to drive waving thier hands out the windows very dumb and dangerous.... which is what happen to the crx guy i bet

David

psst I was texting on the blackberry in one hand, queue'ing up an IPOD playlist and drinking cappuccino while talking Manny through the finer points of acclerating out of turns on the walkie-talkie... I think you just need driving leasons putz :P How about you let me drive your car and i"ll show you how to take hairpin corners with some nifty "knee steering" come on just let me drive your car muahahh
Old 07-30-06, 09:33 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

It's unfortunate that there was a mishap but it seems like everyone was okay on the outcome. Looks like you guys had a blast regardless.

teeman3, I think you did a great job of rounding up the troops as you always do for cruise meets. You did a fine job like usual. Don't stop what you're doing.

On that note, flash meet anyone?
Old 07-30-06, 09:40 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Default POST is350/is250 meet 7/30 Pics!

Thanks Teeman3, ChubbyMike, Flipsonic for organizing and everyone else coming out for the twisty drive..... we are afterall... newbies to the CL meets.... we did the best we could.....

Onto the pics!

GET OUTTA THE WAY TEEMAN!!
Old 07-30-06, 09:41 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Old 07-30-06, 09:42 PM
chubbymike
Driver

josephdoc,
after reading your e-mail, i'm sorry that you did not have fun today. i do admit that this meet was a bit disorganized. but as a newbie to the club, i had fun, despite the crx incident. I thought it was great to have all these cars show up and we were able to take pictures and enjoy the nice weather.
what you wrote seemed a bit harsh. maybe it's the English problem, but I do think your suggestions can be said in a more constructive way. We're all out here to have fun. nobody paid any money to join this club. We were all volunteering our time to try to make this meet possible. We all have day jobs, this is just something as a hobby. I tried to give as much input as I can on my spare time. So please do take that into consideration. if you have suggestions, do bring them up, but I don't think it helps if you just criticize or complain about the problems. If you have solutions, I think that would be more helpful.

I personally thought that Teeman tried very hard to keep everyone on schedule and run it as smoothly as we can. I'm sure we can all do better and be more organized. but again, the organizers all volunteer their own time. nobody gets paid for this.
This is my first time helping in a cruise/meet. i've never attended any official ones, so i don't know what they're supposed to be like. But I would have to say, most of us had fun today. yes, there was a bit of confusion, especially towards the end there. but everybody was ok. And I learned what can be done better next time.
and as far as the tofu house parking lot. i don't think they would mind us being there because they're not open on sundays. that is not starbuck's property and we were not disturbing Tofu House's business, so I thought it shouldn't be a problem. yes, it would have been a nice gesture to give the business owner a heads up, but given that they're not open anyways, I didn't think it was necessary.

my perception of this meet is that this is a CASUAL meet & cruise. somebody suggests a route, people sign up and we meet at a place and go for a drive. everybody has fun. granted that there were 15+cars. Heck, I never lead 15 car caravan before, but I did it today and despite the confusion, we all ended up back at starbucks.
I'm a newbie to CL and I thought it was a nice gesture for Teeman to help organize this and take charge since most of us 2IS owners are probably new to CL. Again, thanks to teeman for helping out and all those who showed up today to make it a fun first 2IS meet of me!

mike
Old 07-30-06, 09:57 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

color breakdown--

i believe there were:

3 crystal whites
2 matador reds
2 tungsten pearls
2 blue onyx
1 sgm =) weeeeeeeee
Old 07-30-06, 09:58 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to post these pics and I will let everyone know what I think in the morning. Right now I'm too tired to type. Sorry, I had to resize the pics to fit in the upload.
Attached Thumbnails NorCal IS/2IS meet (7/30), post meet discussion!-image-011b.jpg  

Last edited by Flipsonic; 07-31-06 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-30-06, 09:58 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Nice pics of the 2IS's together. Those butts look hot! The pics look really awesome, imaputz. Especially w/ the background of the sky. Sorry for sneaking in the 2 SC430's into the 2IS group. I just wanted to see the contrast and compare the different model's together.

I know a few other's took pics so they'll be chiming in soon.

Finally, got a chance to meet ya and hope to see more of your ride at EOS.

Last edited by martini3; 07-30-06 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-30-06, 10:03 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

This is a cool one. That white van was the pace car.
Attached Thumbnails NorCal IS/2IS meet (7/30), post meet discussion!-image-025a.jpg  

Last edited by Flipsonic; 07-30-06 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-30-06, 10:04 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

more pics here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=230349
Old 07-30-06, 10:05 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Another cool a$$ shot.
Attached Thumbnails NorCal IS/2IS meet (7/30), post meet discussion!-image-013a.jpg  
Old 07-30-06, 10:09 PM
Lex3soul
Driver School Candidate

Excellent!!! Nice varieties of colors that were out there. From the looks of the pics, i'd say it was an excellent organized meet coupled with a sunny day, what can be better? Is this all the pics that was taken? I would love to see more! I guess the SC's was the suprise? You guys did awesome, yall deserve a pat on the back! Next time it should get even bigger!

Quick Reply: NorCal IS/2IS meet (7/30), post meet discussion!