Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

NorCal IS/2IS meet (7/30), post meet discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-06, 09:00 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flipsonic

I was part of the east bay caravan and it was nice to meet Imaputz, Wolverine, and theEnd. I was expecting a traffic jam because of the SJ GP, but there was none. Except for that gravel road on the way to Starbucks, the caravan to Palo Alto was good. Putz I realize you didn’t know about that gravel road and thanks for getting us there in one piece. Maybe we should have the next meet in the east bay. I vote for you to set it up. By the way, nice drop on those Eibachs.
Thanks Flipsonic (Dan(?)) - Sorry, I always forget names ... I think I will just call people by Screenames at meets ... I like my drop too =). I hope your pal had fun too

Yea, I totally didn't know about them repaving the road and all that gravel....... I was going with what my NAV was telling me... and I was going as slow as possible, trying to pace us so we dont shoot gravel all over the place and onto our babies =/

I'm glad that the is250 can keep up with the is350 around the twisties... I thought it would be troublesome for the is250 up the moutain..... did you feel the car need more power up the mountain?

Thanks for the vote for me setting up the next meet, but I'll leave it to the professionals =P ... I'll do the teenie weenie meets

David
Old 07-31-06, 09:21 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The name is Ben. That's ok, I forget names too. Yes, my friend had fun. He said he would have brought his TL had he known there will be Hondas there. Yes my 250 needs more power going up the mountain. That was expected. Good thing there isn't much mountain driving where I normally drive. As for the twisties, it is more than capable to hug the road. It's also in the driving. As you saw I was able to keep up with the pack. To the CW IS350 in front of me (didn't get your name/screename), sorry if I got too close a couple of times. I guess the adrenaline rush took over. But no worry because I've done this type of driving many times. I was just worried about oncoming traffic and those bike riders. Overall, I was able to test the capabilities of this car. I give it a B+.
Old 07-31-06, 09:25 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

My apologies Ben.... atleast I remembered it was a one syllable word and wasn't super off =)
Old 07-31-06, 09:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

joseph, i said i wouldn't reply to this thread. but since you pm'd me and saw your 2nd post, i would just want to comment a bit more.

first of all, english is no problem here. english is my second language at all and i never take english granted in my life. i can tell you here a lot of members are foreigners by all means, and we all understand each other. i never judged your post by your english, it's about the content. in the your first post i felt nothing but anger, negatives, with no directions for improvements or encouragements. that was what i was trying to point out.

about being new, that's not a problem as well. remember, 4 yrs ago when i got my first lexus, i was very new here as well. no one here will look down or isolate you just because you are new. personally i will not allow that to happen.

as a new member, i think it's all about being humble and willing to read, follow up, and ask. i glanced through the meet thread, it has a lot of information, if i were to go to the meet as a newbie, i wouldn't say i know nothing. and if anything, i would be very outgoing, talk to people, and even ask them questions about the cruise and what not, where's the gathering point, what's the procedure, who's the head guy, etc... my theory is if you decide not to ask and assume, then you are responsible for that. everyone was equal.

and about norcal official, personally i wouldn't use that word myself at all. there might be someone who knows more about the meet and what to do. but unless it's the annual EOS where i have to dress as an official to help 200+ people, i wouldn't even bother to stand up as a head guy. i never want people to think i am above all, but i only step up when needed.

about what you missed on family events and SJGP, please, don't even try to blame it on the event. you had every right to choose come or not. it was totally up to you and no one was there to force you. if you chose to go to the meet already, then that's your personal choice and don't blame it on others. if you think families are more important, i am sure everyone understands. people who know me know that i mostly just focus on EOS and i miss a lot of meets during the year. that's coz' i value families and i stay with them. no one call me wrong for that.

and i'd like you to understand as well that my original post in this thread was NOT to make people think bad of you. to me, my post was just to you as the audience. and to others, i believe everyone should read and judge for themselves, considering that most of us should be pretty matured already. and if anything, what you feel about my post is probably how the meet organizers felt about yours. that's why i always try to be nice and courteous. that's always the key in social life.

i probably have said more than what i should. bottom line is you pave the road for yourself to walk on, and you shouldn't blame others for your choices. and the whole norcal family is all about helping each other, loving and caring each other, rather than just finger pointing. like i said, organize a meet where everyone would enjoy and be happy, i am sure people would appreciate it if that's the case
Old 07-31-06, 09:32 AM
menech
Lead Lap

CW IS350 in front of me
that might have been me :P I dunno after the crash I went and told the guy behind me he was driving well and we laughed about the hand signal before braking to complete stop around that blind corner...
Old 07-31-06, 09:41 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Originally Posted by menech
that might have been me :P I dunno after the crash I went and told the guy behind me he was driving well and we laughed about the hand signal before braking to complete stop around that blind corner...
Ok, I thought that was you Menech, just wasn't sure. You were a tough guy to keep up with. Then again, keeping up was not as important as those bike riders and oncoming traffic. You're a madman I see you weren't hitting your brakes alot around the twisties. Great driving. I thought you had a stick. That hand signal was helpful. I can't miss your CW car against all that foliage though.
Old 07-31-06, 09:49 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

I also want to give some props to FREMONT CARAVAN peeps ( Wolverine, Flipsonic, theEND aka Tim, Ben, Charles) for showing up on time.... It would have been cool if we could have chatted up a little more.... but we would have missed the meet instead..... oh yah... I apologize for the delay when leaving the parking lot.... I forgot everything in my car had resetted when I did the HID mod the day before, so my NAV was reconizing me being in PENNSYLVANIA instead of CALI...

And the gravel road road was not planned! but I'm glad we didn't shoot gravel one each other...

BTW, did you guys noticed that so many cars slowed down on 880 and 237 to see our nice lined up cars?? hahhaa.... that was awesome!!
Old 07-31-06, 09:52 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Ben - he had his VDIM off...... HE'S THE CRAZY WHITE GUY ......... the WHITE DEVIL.. hahahahhahaaaa
Old 07-31-06, 09:55 AM
menech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Flipsonic
Ok, I thought that was you Menech, just wasn't sure. You were a tough guy to keep up with. Then again, keeping up was not as important as those bike riders and oncoming traffic. You're a madman I see you weren't hitting your brakes alot around the twisties. Great driving. I thought you had a stick. That hand signal was helpful. I can't miss your CW car against all that foliage though.
Ahh cool that was you I should have spent more social time but I was too busy getting coffee and trying to wake up!

heh, its all about the paddle shifters! they actually aren't so bad...I stayed between 2nd and 3rd most of the time. Plus I just got an alignment from custom alignment the day before and the car just left alot more solid and secure. I still wish the car would deliver a bit more road feedback, but the car is good about speaking up when you start to push the cornering limits.

The bikers were really the scary part for me, I ride bicycles as well and I would have been scared for my life being on that road with cars driving like they were. If the bikers had not been there I would have been alot more relaxed.

that one group of 3 bikers around the cork-screw turns before that straight-way (this was the part right before the CRX crash) was scary.... I didn't want to pass the bikers in a blind turn but I didn't want to get too far behind either....thankfully that straightway was open and time was easy to make up!

hope to catch you at the next meet
Old 07-31-06, 09:55 AM
sashax415
Pole Position

Originally Posted by imaputz
sorry, i didn't get to introduce myself to you sshax415, but i believe i was the car in front of you... in the SGM...... i think your BF did most of the driving (chickenbutt .. jk jk!)

David

Nice to meet you David... Actually Sha was not feeling well, but we didn't want to flake on the meet.

Also, i have to agree that the worst part of the meet was having to drive over the gravel. We ended up making the first right and taking a side street to avoid most of it.

Originally Posted by flipsonic
My honest opinion: Being that it was my first time, I thought it was fun, nerve racking, exciting, intimidating, disappointing feeling all rolled up in to one. At the end of the day I asked myself, was that all worth it? Yes, I had fun and would do it again. It would have been helpful to put a face to a screename. But that was my rookie mistake. I should have mixed and mingled more.

That pretty much sums up what we felt as well...

And to Joseph... Sorry about the miscommunication... but i never said anything about the meet ending. I just told Mike that, "Everyone's still up there because the CRX went over, but we're just gonna go home."

Vic
Old 07-31-06, 09:59 AM
menech
Lead Lap

Ben - he had his VDIM off...... HE'S THE CRAZY WHITE GUY ......... the WHITE DEVIL.. hahahahhahaaaa
come'on david let me drive your car
Old 07-31-06, 10:02 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

My $.02.

1) I felt very welcomed and several people came up to me and introduced themselves.
2) I think the road course chosen may have been a little tough for some people. I just got my car last Tuesday and hardly driven it before but I was pleasantly surprised how well the 2IS handles the curves.
3) It's too bad the CRX went off the road and that was kind of scary. Glad everyone is OK.
4) Thanks to Teeman for setting things up, providing snacks and coffee.
5) Maybe some people had too high expectations for what this meet was all about and no matter what happened they would not have been satisfied.
Old 07-31-06, 10:05 AM
menech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VelvetBlue
My $.02.

1) I felt very welcomed and several people came up to me and introduced themselves.
2) I think the road course chosen may have been a little tough for some people. I just got my car last Tuesday and hardly driven it before but I was pleasantly surprised how well the 2IS handles the curves.
3) It's too bad the CRX went off the road and that was kind of scary. Glad everyone is OK.
4) Thanks to Teeman for setting things up, providing snacks and coffee.
5) Maybe some people had too high expectations for what this meet was all about and no matter what happened they would not have been satisfied.
Nice stable of cars VelvetBlue! I also crossed over from the P-car family I miss the PCA events, but this is a good crew of people. Hope to talk to you about your P-cars at the the next meet!
Old 07-31-06, 10:06 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

VelvetBlue (Mike(?)) - Crazymadman up the hill!!! hahahhah =P ... I was behind you in the SGM.... I was surprised how you were driving your new baby =P

Were you still breaking in the car??

David
Old 07-31-06, 10:11 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by imaputz
VelvetBlue (Mike(?)) - Crazymadman up the hill!!! hahahhah =P ... I was behind you in the SGM.... I was surprised how you were driving your new baby =P

Were you still breaking in the car??

David
Haha. Don't tell my wife how I was driving her new car with only 150 miles on it.

I was having fun until that Buick got in front of me.

Quick Reply: NorCal IS/2IS meet (7/30), post meet discussion!