Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

NorCal IS/2IS meet (7/30), post meet discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-06, 10:12 AM
menech
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Velvet blue - you had the matador red one? I love that color! We were talking about that during lunch...one heck of a way to break in the car lol
Old 07-31-06, 10:16 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by menech
Nice stable of cars VelvetBlue! I also crossed over from the P-car family I miss the PCA events, but this is a good crew of people. Hope to talk to you about your P-cars at the the next meet!
Thanks. I've been to a couple of local Porsche drives (not PCA) and some of those guys drive very crazy. Look forward to talking to you at EOS.
Old 07-31-06, 10:18 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Velvet blue - you had the matador red one? I love that color! We were talking about that during lunch...one heck of a way to break in the car lol
Yes, that was me. I figure it's a Lexus and it can take it. Better break in method than driving like an old lady for 1,000 miles.
Old 07-31-06, 10:47 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup. that red color is mezmerizing up close and personal. Both velvet's and ladynred's.
The other colors were very nice, too. Silver, blue, black, there's just so many.

sasha and the b/f. it was cool meeting you guys. I don't think any other future meet will get any more heart pounding than this one, so I'll have to say that you guys are very well "broken into" the Norcal meet and you guys got an "A+" on your NorCal training day that you mentioned earlier. The rest of the meets you guys attend will be a breeze and a walk in the park.
welcome Aboard.

Wolverine, menech, madness, velvetblue. it's always a pleasure recongnizing your faces w/ the screen-names. Hey, I'd like to test drive a 2IS one of these days. Care to swap cars for a test drive? hehehe....

Flipsonic, nice meeting you.
Optical_x. I thiink I remember meeting you. anyway, hope you make it to EOS.

Chubbymike, not bad for 1st timer leading all 2IS's thru the windy route. You kept your cool and did very well. I had to lead once and that's how i learned. Thanks for helping out and your valuable input in the local area, i really appreciate it.

Imaputz. The man behind the unique screen-name. It's an honor to meet you.

jspecsc3. let's hear your side of the story.

Velvet blue. i'm sad to see the sc go, but that red 2IS is just screammmming. bring it to EOS.

ladynred. you know i always enjoy your company + the other half + the kids anyday of the week. that's a given.

Mr. Josephdoc. I'm sorry that your experience was not up to your expectations as a good, organized and fun meet. This was just a simple meet in the little time prepared. Most smaller meets 20 cars or less are more catered to local area meeting spots, hang out and do something afterwards. Sometimes, they're not even planned and people just show up. So this particular one was semi-planned and the route was already thought of and test driven as we do to all/any cruise meet. It does take time and effort to plan, organize and prepare someting like this to make it happen for the people of CL. Just like yourself, I could have done something else w/ my time on the weekends. But I chose to help and try to organize something for the 2IS owners to provide a feeling of bondship and comaraderie among the individuals and group dynamics. I have to admit that I'm a beginner CL organizer and learning the steps of the way just like any new member joining and attending a CL meet for the first time. You gain knowledge and experience as you go and do better the next time around.

Again, I welcome your presence to EOS and hopefully your expectations can be met there.

If i missed anyone else, hope to see y'all at EOS.

Last edited by martini3; 07-31-06 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-31-06, 11:20 AM
menech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by teeman3
Wolverine, menech, madness, velvetblue. it's always a pleasure recongnizing your faces w/ the screen-names. Hey, I'd like to test drive a 2IS one of these days. Care to swap cars for a test drive? hehehe.....
Tee you are welcome to drive my IS anytime You'll have to take 2 drives, one with VDIM and one without, the car is completly different depending on the VDIM status!

Of course ladynred's IS will probably be more fun to drive because that exhaust makes the engine sound so much nicer but I'm hoping to get that fixed soon heh
Old 07-31-06, 12:16 PM
shoei
Driver

I drove the silver IS300 and attended this meet and wanted to express my thoughts about the meet. First I want to thank Teeman for keeping things on task. WIth the nature of the meet and relative number of cars, it is difficult to control things at every juncture of the meet. If this was a static meet, greet and go home I'm sure things would have turned out differently.

I'm also glad that the CRX driver was ok and his car was not damaged too much. There is nothing worse than having your car smacked up and stuck in the middle of nowhere with nobody to help you out. A few people stayed with the CRX driver and made sure things were ok. It is unfortunate that one member didn't have too much fun during the drive, but I'm sure future "large" CL events will be more to his liking. That's all I'll say about that matter since it has been discussed in previous posts.

It has been a very long time since I have attended a .net of CL event due to work and family stuff so I went to the meet as an casual observer since the main focus was for the 2nd gen IS250/350 and their owners. Everybody that I talked to was very friendly and easy going. I would catagorize the route that we took as agressive and with the added pressure of looking out for people on bikes made things interesting.

I am intested in upgrading my IS3 to the next generation so this meet was very productive for me. All the colors look great on the 2nd generation IS. Personally, I thought the Matador Red pops in comparison to the CW or TP while the Blue Pearl looks very classy. I had a fun time during the drive and nothing beats seeing how the IS looks and moves on the rolling hills, tights 90 degee turns or a spirted freeway run. Tastes of Lexus or local dealerships drives doesn't do IS250/350 justice. Until we meet again, thanks for a fun sunday afternoon.
Old 07-31-06, 12:22 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Ahh cool that was you I should have spent more social time but I was too busy getting coffee and trying to wake up!

heh, its all about the paddle shifters! they actually aren't so bad...I stayed between 2nd and 3rd most of the time. Plus I just got an alignment from custom alignment the day before and the car just left alot more solid and secure. I still wish the car would deliver a bit more road feedback, but the car is good about speaking up when you start to push the cornering limits.

The bikers were really the scary part for me, I ride bicycles as well and I would have been scared for my life being on that road with cars driving like they were. If the bikers had not been there I would have been alot more relaxed.

that one group of 3 bikers around the cork-screw turns before that straight-way (this was the part right before the CRX crash) was scary.... I didn't want to pass the bikers in a blind turn but I didn't want to get too far behind either....thankfully that straightway was open and time was easy to make up!

hope to catch you at the next meet
Like Menech, I should've introduced myself and spent more time socializing, but I came a little late (Ron, don't say anything!!!! j/k), that gravel section on Charleston made me turn off to a side street and then the dumb nav took me somewhere else, then the construction trucks at the intersection cause a huge delay). I also agree w/ menech that passing the bicyclist on the turns was hairy at times.

But overall I think Tee did a good job organizing and I had a good time on the drive. I also don't agree w/ what josephdoc was ranting about. I think the meet went fairly well. Sure the CRX incident did put a damper, but good thing nobody got hurt.

To the black IS300 in front of me on kings mtn rd, sorry if I was too close too you, like someone else I think it was the adrenaline.
Old 07-31-06, 12:40 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Josephdoc

1. This meet was NOT an Official LGW Organized meet. Those meets will be organized and posted by ME.

2. This meet was organized amoung members who were just people getting together in a VERY informal way. Several contributed their knowledge and time to make it happen. Meeting people, making friends is totally up to you, there's no one else that is obligated to make that happen except yourself. I always say you get out of a meet what you put into it.

3. I have organized 6 OFFICIAL meets this summer but you have chosen not to go to any of them. If you had attended even 1 or 2 of the previous meets THAT I ORGANIZED , I'm sure you would have gotten to know the members and feel more welcome.

4. The upcoming EOS meet will be the LAST meet I am organizing for this year. As it goes, EOS will be so large and there will be so many people there and so many will have gotten to know each other throughout this summer already. Many of the members attending will have known each other for years already and then there will be others that show up the first time out of the whole year.

We will have name badges for everyone so that people can identify you by your screen name. This will be the fifth year that I have organized EOS and it just keeps getting better and better. EVERYONE is welcome and I hope all newer members can make it as you will truly not want to miss it.

I am going to temporarily close this thread so that my message here get's out to all the readers.

I will open this thread back up for replies in a little while. At that time you can post whatever you want to say.

In the mean time please do not start a new thread on this same topic or I will delete it!

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-31-06 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-31-06, 01:18 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Putz, so that's why you were driving slow. I was telling myself we'll be late, we could go a little faster. I thought you slowed down so that us IS250s can keep up. But it was all good. A small carshow on 880 was cool. I hope to get my rims and drop the next time we meet. I'm all for show not much for zoom.

Last edited by Flipsonic; 08-01-06 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-31-06, 07:23 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

heres some pics my crazy friend was halfway out the window for some of the pics haha
sorry for the big pics

Last edited by wolverine; 07-31-06 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-31-06, 07:24 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Old 07-31-06, 07:56 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

look at that WHITE DEVIL hogging the pictures!!! HAHAHAHA
Old 07-31-06, 09:16 PM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

all stock cars????????

got more pics of the SC with the Iforged's- they look nice
Old 07-31-06, 10:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i reopen the thread. everyone can continue the post meet discussion. and since the topic has shifted, i am going to edit the subject of this thread to a more objective one.

Last edited by rominl; 07-31-06 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-31-06, 10:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i merged the the two threads together as one whole post meet thread, this makes a lot more sense.

Quick Reply: NorCal IS/2IS meet (7/30), post meet discussion!