Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

NorCal IS/2IS meet (7/30), post meet discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 04:31 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

For the record, it's called VSC/TRAC disable. No such thing as VDIM OFF.
Old 08-01-06, 08:24 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the meet was pretty nice. There were a great turnout of cars and TeeMan did a great job of organizing this event. The walkie talkies and the map were really a great touch. I had the chance to meet a couple new faces and had fun up until my friend went off the embankment. But other than that I thought itt was great!

I see that there is a certain member from a certain forum who was unhappy with how the gathering turned out. I think it is very disrespectful when you insult another person. Especially someone you have not even met before. Im 100% sure everyone feels the same way about this. Having said that I feel that you should keep your disrespectful comments to yourself. Please do not refer to my friend's car as "junky". Im sorry he couldnt have done better to impress you.

You should come out to more events and formally introduce yourself to other long time members like myself so that we know who you are. At the big events like BOS and EOS we usually wear name tags with our usernames and our real names to better familiarize ourselves with the others.

-By the way, I was the only blue SC300 at that meet.
Old 08-01-06, 09:18 PM
madness
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
For the record, it's called VSC/TRAC disable. No such thing as VDIM OFF.
VDIM can be turned off on the 350's ask Menech he does his paddle footwork code all the time. It looks like he's playing a video game. ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A HAHAHAH. Anyway the 350 pulls even harder with VDIM off. I think only the 250's have VSC. I think Menech mentioned there will be a on/off for VDIM on the 2007's. We shall see.
Old 08-01-06, 09:29 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Road Trip!!!!!

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Autopia! Dang I haven't been on that in years.
O.K. Ron, this calls for a road trip down south. We'll call it the Autopia Cruise Meet v1. LOL

-Will
Old 08-01-06, 09:46 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Keeping it Positive.

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
I thought the meet was pretty nice. There were a great turnout of cars and TeeMan did a great job of organizing this event. The walkie talkies and the map were really a great touch. I had the chance to meet a couple new faces and had fun up until my friend went off the embankment. But other than that I thought itt was great!

I see that there is a certain member from a certain forum who was unhappy with how the gathering turned out. I think it is very disrespectful when you insult another person. Especially someone you have not even met before. Im 100% sure everyone feels the same way about this. Having said that I feel that you should keep your disrespectful comments to yourself. Please do not refer to my friend's car as "junky". Im sorry he couldnt have done better to impress you.

You should come out to more events and formally introduce yourself to other long time members like myself so that we know who you are. At the big events like BOS and EOS we usually wear name tags with our usernames and our real names to better familiarize ourselves with the others.

-By the way, I was the only blue SC300 at that meet.
Hey Guys,
Can I ask that we not give this guy anymore attention. I think this guy did this to attract attention to himself in the first place. Well, he did, but its the wrong attention IMO. He made some remarks about my kids that REALY did not sit well with me. But I chose not to let this person get the best of me. Over all the meet went well. Props to those who made the best of it and made this meet posible in the first place. So please, continue with the great posts and just keep it on a positve note.
See you ALL at EOS v5.
Will
Btw, J-Spec, I'm glad to hear your friend and his CRX came out of it just fine. Could have been worse.
Old 08-01-06, 10:32 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chubby,

this was a great winding route. the last one I did was w/ the Matrix and Corolla club after BOS off Calaveras Blvd. near Pleasanton and all the way down to Milpitas. JspecSC3 joined me as well. It was twisty and almost the had the same hair-pin turns. Pretty much similarities between that one and this one but different elevations.

For those of you that missed this Sunday Cruise, it was very exhilerating w/ hair-pin turns, incline/decline twists and bends, straight-aways and cliff-hugging-hanging-narrow sections. Our starting point as Page Mill Road/Astradero and started to incline into the wilderness where the sun don't shine in certain sections. 500 feet and going, the views off into the distance overlooking the entire Bay Area was breath-taking. The peak where the vista point was similar to that of Twin Peaks in SF but higher elevation. The views from atop were endless. At mid-elevation stood century old redwoods as we shot down the road between them on both sides breathing in the brisk scent of pine leaves and other local shrubs. Their cool shadows draped over the highway provided shade and tiny pockets of sunshine lurking for miles as the road continued into the distance.

A local "hog" hangout deep in the boonies was called "Alice's Diner" where they would park their "hogs" and have breakfast. We passed thru there and was going to park but the lot was full of "hogs" so we moved on.

As we started to decline down the mountain, this was where you hope that your brakes are in good condition and your tires aren't too bald and have good tread/traction left.

More turns, more braking, more back-breaking moments around the next turn surprising you w/ a thought like, "Wow! it's a sharper turn that I thought".

As the decline settled to the bottom of the mountain where your ears aren't clogged anymore, the road becomes calm and smooth quietly awaiting for the next person to experience it's thrills, excitement and jublilations.

The cruise ended upon a tiny little town called "Woodside" near Highway 280.

Given that I don't have the sway bars and wider rims/tires, my SC did ok and I kept minimal speeds throughout the route. Of course, I did more braking than usual cause there were sections on this route that had cracks and dips. I think I scraped a few times and I kind of gasped hoping I didn't bust the front lip. Thank god I didn't.

Another great CL cruise that I can add to my fav. list of Bay Area Backroads.

anyway, I really liked this route and would like to try it on another Sunday w/ you.

No rush, no timelines, no hurry, just chill and taking it slo to try another route on that map that you had. We will stop frequently for breaks, take in the fresh mountain air, scenery and stop at local retailers for shopping and eating. I think we can enjoy more of this backroads to the fullest. Plus, I'll have a chance to light up a nice 2-3 hour stoogie for this route and relax.

Last edited by martini3; 08-01-06 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-01-06, 10:59 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
O.K. Ron, this calls for a road trip down south. We'll call it the Autopia Cruise Meet v1. LOL

-Will
Haha, well if Magic mountain does close I'm definately making a run down there to hit the coasters!
Old 08-01-06, 11:20 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by madness
VDIM can be turned off on the 350's ask Menech he does his paddle footwork code all the time. It looks like he's playing a video game. ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A HAHAHAH. Anyway the 350 pulls even harder with VDIM off. I think only the 250's have VSC. I think Menech mentioned there will be a on/off for VDIM on the 2007's. We shall see.
Hehe...The "Pedal Dance" came from a sequence listed in a 2005 Toyota AVALON owners manual. For the record, the Toyota Avalon does not have VDIM but does feature TRAC and VSC. VDIM doesn't affect straight line performance. TRAC controls wheel spin during loss of traction...which retards engine power and causes the loss of traction light to blink. I recently posted something about this in the 2IS forums below...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...64#post2035264
Old 08-02-06, 01:00 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

I am still watching on this thread.

I don't want to talk about the meet any more.

To so many of you suggest me to join more activities.. I want to tell you that I really did my best. That meet in Palo Alto was the first available meet after I bought the car.

I had the car less than 3 months, and more than half of the time the car was in the dealer and autoshops here and there. I believe the car broke its first 2k miles on that day.

I work on weekends so I could not go the wine country meet, and I did not own a Lex when you guys were having fun in DA College.

Old 08-02-06, 01:09 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

I think we've all moved on already. There's no need to keep explaining. We all understand.

BTW, what is the wifey saying that you're putting all these miles on her car?
Old 08-02-06, 01:11 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98

-Will
Haha after Autopia, we can go to Dromo1 which is just down the street from D-Land on Katella. Just ask Rolo and Glen about it!
Old 08-02-06, 01:38 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
I think we've all moved on already. There's no need to keep explaining. We all understand.

BTW, what is the wifey saying that you're putting all these miles on her car?

Nothing! She smelled the tire burn and asked me about the ETA of her BBK and bling wheel project.

So I guess I am grounded.
Old 08-02-06, 01:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by josephdoc
Nothing! She smelled the tire burn and asked me about the ETA of her BBK and bling wheel project.

So I guess I am grounded.
well at least she is asking for mods, that's a move forward i guess!
Old 08-02-06, 07:42 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those who attended the meet this past Sunday, was it just me or did you guys get sprinkles on your windshield too? Where did that come from? I looked for passing rain clouds but didn't see any. I've never been through this area before and was just surprised.

In addition, when we decide on another meet/cruise, can we do it in the east bay? Just a suggestion.
Old 08-02-06, 08:58 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

oh that was me flip... i went up the moutain so quick... that i decided to stop for a rest... then i decided to take a leak over the edge =]

Quick Reply: NorCal IS/2IS meet (7/30), post meet discussion!