Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

EOS5 The Last Dance -- History and Meaning Behind (Annoucement)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-06, 11:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Time to add my $0.02 in.

Thank you core group for breaking ground on a group of Lexus enthusiasts which later made friendships and quickly turned into an extended family. Despite the fact that I live away from NorCal, every mile racked on trips up have been totally worth it. You guys make us SoCal guys feel at home when we are there. I definitely have gained a close bond with everyone in the NorCal group almost making it seem like there is no physical distance between us. This is a huge reason why I don't hesitate to make the drive up whenever possible. I'm very grateful and fortunate to associate with a hospitable group of people that share the same common passion. I am always happy to help and assist my NorCal comrades.
and ryan, seems like this yr you have a LONG line of cars to bring up with ya!!!! that's gonna be exciting
Old 08-03-06, 11:32 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to the core group for great memories. Like Will EOS v3 was my first meet. Since that time I've met a great bunch of people who share the same passion of cars. Most of who I call friends and a few of them extended family. Its going to be hard to top what the core group has established to this day, but hopefully we'll come close.
Old 08-03-06, 11:39 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's about time. I'd thought you guys would never leave. Time for a new "breed" to develop and fill those shoes. Just kidding y'all.

On a sentimental note, I stumbled upon this site (after the purchase of my ride in Sept. '03) thru the internet and knew right away this was a special club, a club consisting of people (especially NorCal) from all aspects/walks of life and their true passion for their rides. Their rides portray an extention outside of their friends, family, business and associates. Not only their unique rides that exhibit class and quality but also their honesty, respect, friendship, wisdom and comaraderie that brings them and others together. I have learned from them that, "It's not the ride that makes you, but you make the ride and the people of influence that you exuded from. Their compassion and committment to the CL community feeds onto others. As a result, these past few years, that feeding frenzy has become an epidemic.

I would have known nothing, absolutely nothing about modding a car, more or less a high-end car to fit my needs and the attending the numerous events if it wasn't for this core Norcal crew.

I am truly honored to be such a part of NorCal CL and a historical event (EOS5) and wish you all the best of "everything" that you desire and acquire in life.

Ok, it's time to step down now and let the new "breed" start building the walls around the "foundation" for which you have built upon to which you must relinquish. It's time to pass the torch.

Hmmmm.......Who's gonna join me for a stoogie to celebrate this monumental occassion at EOS? I'll have to stock up and put the bubbly on ice. Maybe a round of XO to start the "end" of a new "beginning"?

Thanks for the unforgettable and memorable memories that you all have ingrained upon me.

teeman3

Last edited by martini3; 08-04-06 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-04-06, 09:49 AM
menech
Lead Lap

I would like to expand a huge “Thank you guys!” for your dedication and passion over the past 5 years. Although I just moved to California and started going to the meets this year I have clearly noticed the enthusiasm and energy the core members have. We all realize the tremendous work and time that goes into planning these meets.

The LGWNorCal group has truly formed a family and they have always welcome new people with open arms. We certainly appreciate everything you have done over the years and we look forward to stepping up and continuing the traditions you have built.

I echo Teeman's thoughts and I'm sure the "new" membership will rise to the challenge to carry on the LGWNorCal legacy.

Originally Posted by teeman3
Ok, it's time to step down now and let the new "breed" start building the walls around the "foundation" for which you have built upon to which you must relinquish. It's time to pass the torch.
Old 08-04-06, 11:25 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

CL Family,

Words are hard to find right now, but it has been an honor serving the Lexus community over the pass 5 yrs. "The Last Dance" is a very personal message to everyone. As many already know, I am starting to raise a family. Infact BabyGirl Emma will be born 1 week before EOSV. It is time for another stage in life.

Over the years I have made some very close friends that I consider family.. from Norcal to Socal. That will never change. Those that know, I am always down for good food anytime.

Like Henry and Glen emphasized, I will probably roll by to meets here and there throughout the seasons. But, I am stepping down from my graphic responsibilities for LGW. On a side note, if anyone is interested in creative services for LGW in the future, please contact me. It is time for others to share their God-given talents.

With a heavy heart, "Thank you for the pass 5 years."

Solomon & Serena
BabyGirl Emma Katylen
Old 08-04-06, 01:03 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
....., but hopefully we'll come close.
Is that a "we'll" as in I can nominate you for the 2nd core group leader??! Just kidding Ron

EOS4 was my first meet, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself and was glad I went. Meeting most of the core group the, and throughout the year to date (at various other mini meets and larger meets) has enabled me to not only make new friends and family, but to allowed me to get out and enjoy more of the bay area considering Im not from California, and the only family I have out here is my 2yr old daughter.

So "mahalo" to all of the core Nor Cal people that have invested and sacraficed much of their own personal AND family time to enable the rest of us to enjoy such well organized and fun events.

Aloha,

Mark
Old 08-04-06, 01:20 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by markgs4
Is that a "we'll" as in I can nominate you for the 2nd core group leader??! Just kidding Ron
That would be a no, cause I was gunna nominate you!!!
Old 08-04-06, 04:06 PM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Sorry to hear you guy are stepping down, you guy are too young to retire!!!

Thank you very much for bringing so many business to us during the past years. Beside the annual meets & small meets you have involved us, your times on the site defended us & recommended us to most of the Lexus owners are greatly appreciated. We thank you all!
We are hoping you are still active responding to the site & of course, bringing your car to service with us.
Beautiful writing, Henry! Are you a writer?

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 08-04-06, 04:23 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EXACT

Thank you very much for bringing so many business to us during the past years. Beside the annual meets & small meets you have involved us, your times on the site defended us & recommended us to most of the Lexus owners are greatly appreciated. We thank you all!
We are hoping you are still active responding to the site & of course, bringing your car to service with us.

Thanks Sandy & John.

The business and recommendations you receive from us is due to the great service you provide. You have been with supporting us from the beginning and are the ONLY business that has sponsored our events since EOS 1.

Just look where that has brought us today ! Your business has grown, you just moved into a new and larger shop, we celebrated our first LGW meet at your shop this year and you have now just become an Official ClubLexus sponsor !

Good luck with the continuing growth of your business. I'm sure the new NorCal crew will continue our relationship.

As for me, my retirement only means that I am not organizing future meets, but it doesn't mean I won't continue to be active on the forums and moderate the NorCal section. In fact I will have MORE business for you, because I will now have more time to mod my cars and visit your shop !

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-04-06 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-04-06, 05:44 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make me want to come to the "last dance"
Old 08-04-06, 08:28 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

GSXOTIC,

I believe pearlpower is coming also. it would be cool to see you guys again. hope you make it.
Old 08-04-06, 10:20 PM
PlatGS400
Driver

Well I just signed up yesterday and this is going to be my first meet......ever. I am looking forward to meeting the cl community and talking about cars and other things. See you guys out there. Hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 08-04-06, 10:44 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PlatGS400
Well I just signed up yesterday and this is going to be my first meet......ever. I am looking forward to meeting the cl community and talking about cars and other things. See you guys out there. Hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Glad to hear your gonna make it to EOS. Don't be shy and introduce yourself if you see me. Just look for the name tags.

-Will
Old 08-04-06, 11:56 PM
PlatGS400
Driver

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Glad to hear your gonna make it to EOS. Don't be shy and introduce yourself if you see me. Just look for the name tags.

-Will

I'm the laid back type but not shy. I'll be out there to meet people so I will definitely introduce myself to you Will.

-Joel-
Old 08-04-06, 11:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by EXACT

thank you for all your support and help as well, john and sandy! it definitely helps a lot for us to have good reference shops around the bay area, and you guys are top notch on the list, for sure that will stay and even though we are stepping down, you can bet everything that we will not stop referring people to you!!!

i actually quite a bit of writing and editing before, but always got some grammar mistakes here and there so i got a bit help fixing those.

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
make me want to come to the "last dance"
yup, the last dance, mark

Quick Reply: EOS5 The Last Dance -- History and Meaning Behind (Annoucement)