Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
View Poll Results: Which restaurant??
El Torito (Concord)
9.52%
Yokoso Japanese (Pleasant Hill)
61.90%
Olive Garden (Antioch)
9.52%
Buffet City (Concord)
19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

*****August 26th---Easy Bay Dinner Meet*****

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-06, 06:03 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gatewaycraig
Dang guys, I'm not gonna be able to make it out to the dinner on Sat. Last week I had some unfortunate things happen to the GS. It all started with power steering pump issues, then my crankshaft pulley came off on the freeway (yes I said my crankshaft pulley) and obliterated (sp) my cooling fan. THEN! When I put the car up on a lift, I noticed my steering gear is leaking in two places. That's not it, the inside of my rim got a freakin' nick in it!!!! SO, count me out for Sat. cause I don't think everything will be fixed by then I'll definately be at the EOS meet. This sucks. I hate car problems.

-craig
What's up with that??

Sorry you can't make it.. I took you off the list..LMk if things change.
Old 08-16-06, 06:04 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Flipsonic
Well I voted for Olive Garden simply because I live in Antioch. But any of the restaurants are fine by me.

Yes, Matsu-Sushi is a good place to eat in. I love how they cook their tempura. Good sushi as well. However, I don't think they can accomodate a large group. We'd have to sit at different tables. The most they can fit around a table is 8 people. That's 3 tables we'd have to reserve and that's already half of the restaurant. Yes, it's a small place.

Is this for members only? Can we take our significant other?

Okay on this...

Once we pick a restaurant, then we'll get a final headcount.
Old 08-16-06, 06:08 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by menech
El Torito - Mexican food

Yokoso Japanese - Japanese food is something other than sushi available? teriyaki?

Olive Garden - Pasta/Italian food

Buffet City - ?

I voted Japanese cause I love sushi , but for those people not familiar with the restaurants and food choices available maybe we could say what type of food each place serves?

Also how about typical price ranges?

I know Olive Garden prices since it is a chain style restaurant, but how about the other choices? Sushi prices are pretty varied around here (south bay)

Buffet City has a large room upstairs...it's a buffet, all you can eat place...has American, Japanese (sushi) and Chinese stuff.
Old 08-16-06, 07:27 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teeman3
I voted for Sushi. But all the chocies are good so whatever the majority wants, i'll eat anything.

Who wants to join me for the SouthBay/Mtn. View/Fremont - Caravan up to Pleasant Hill/Concord?

It's a pretty much straight shot on 680 from SouthBay. For the folks over in the Sunnyvale/Santa Clara/Mtn. View, you can hop on 237 and meet me over at Starbucks (Christy St.) just off of 880 (Auto Mall Parkway) in Newark/Fremont and we just shoot straight across Mission College Blvd. over to 680 and straight shot to Pleasant Hill/Concord.

Let me know and I can keep a running track of this Caravan.

thanks...teeman3
Hey TeeMan! Im up for that caravan from the South Bay to the East Bay!

I voted for Buffet City! I think I might have a big appetite that night. Im planning to eat so much Im going to have to sit down for a couple hours before I go home.
Old 08-16-06, 07:59 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buffet City Restaurant Review

This is the place I had my mind set on only because I know I will be getting lots of food! But when I tried to visit their website to kind of get a general idea of what it might be like I had stumbled onto this review that made me want to change my mind and go for Olive Garden instead. You can check out the review on the link below:

http://www.howdotheyrate.com/report_buffetcity.html
Old 08-16-06, 09:23 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
This is the place I had my mind set on only because I know I will be getting lots of food! But when I tried to visit their website to kind of get a general idea of what it might be like I had stumbled onto this review that made me want to change my mind and go for Olive Garden instead. You can check out the review on the link below:

Guess I won't be going there: ever.......

Besides, looks like Japanese is going to be the winner..
Old 08-16-06, 10:47 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JspecSC3

That report was from 2004. I was actually there last week and the food wasnt bad. The selection was ok and I didnt notice anything gross. At the same time I was starving so that might have affected my way of thinking. Whoever is ever near there should check it out for lunch since its only like $8.
Old 08-17-06, 01:30 AM
ISC400
Pole Position

CL dinner meet sounds great count me in +1
Old 08-17-06, 06:53 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Oops... I am very sorry that I can't make it on the 26th.
I will be on a business trip in SoCal region for EndlessUSA dealer meet.

NO~~~~ WHAT SHOULD I DO......................................
I want to meet you guys but these 2 events are on the same day, and that will be the only chance I can make more new friends before the EOS.

Someone please remove me or change my status to "maybe" on the list please, because my bus-trip is not comfirmed till 19th. Sorry and many thanks!

Sigh..... (crying, hidding, and licking my wound now)
Old 08-17-06, 11:23 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by josephdoc
Oops... I am very sorry that I can't make it on the 26th.
I will be on a business trip in SoCal region for EndlessUSA dealer meet.

NO~~~~ WHAT SHOULD I DO......................................
I want to meet you guys but these 2 events are on the same day, and that will be the only chance I can make more new friends before the EOS.

Someone please remove me or change my status to "maybe" on the list please, because my bus-trip is not comfirmed till 19th. Sorry and many thanks!

Sigh..... (crying, hidding, and licking my wound now)

Wow......status changed to maybe...keep us updated.
Old 08-17-06, 11:41 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Craig ...damn bro I am hella sad to hear what happened to the car .... I really feel like I just got punched in the stomach .....when I heard the news...

Let us know the damage ... I hope everything goes ok bro and If you need anything let us members know ...

Pm the members with the first gen and see if they have spare parts for cheap to get you back on the road ..

For anyone who is trying to meet up with the fairfielder .. call me

I'm at

707-432-3009 work
707-592-2777 celle
Old 08-18-06, 06:09 AM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

I would love to join but I'm spending most of the day and sunday @ Infineon Raceway for the IRL race.
Old 08-18-06, 08:49 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Drukinfoolio
I would love to join but I'm spending most of the day and sunday @ Infineon Raceway for the IRL race.
Chan wasup? I don't see you registered for EOS!!!
Old 08-19-06, 05:16 PM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

Ron
Sorry - reason I don't sign up for EOS is because I will be in Vegas for my good friends B-day the whole week. Plus I have never been to Vegas.
I will try to work sometime out. My flight gets back in @ 11:00am. I can leave the airport and just go right over there from SFO.
Old 08-21-06, 04:08 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Drukinfoolio
Ron
Sorry - reason I don't sign up for EOS is because I will be in Vegas for my good friends B-day the whole week. Plus I have never been to Vegas.
I will try to work sometime out. My flight gets back in @ 11:00am. I can leave the airport and just go right over there from SFO.
Ouch Chan, SFO to EOS?

Well if you want to sign up and be eligible to order Tees and possibly karting laps, you should still sign up. The Tee order availability will be announced soon.

Sounds like it might not be the best situation for you to make it in time to catch the end though.

Quick Reply: *****August 26th---Easy Bay Dinner Meet*****