Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

****East Bay Dinner Meet--Aug. 26th--6:30pm****

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-06, 11:56 AM
menech
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imaputz
when manny wakes up... so we can steal all his detailing supplies

i'll give you a ring after i goto lunch
i have all his stuff, he dropped it off last night....I already put all the good expensive stuff up on ebay
Old 08-27-06, 12:46 PM
madness
Pole Position

I'm up! HAHAHAHA You better not sell my stuff. HAHAHAH I've spent more on my detailing supplies than on mods for my car. HAHAHAH. See you guys. Soon, it was good too meet everyone from, Vic, Eric (your girl too no worries man it's all good), Chris, James, the not so shy one shylo, and Alejandro. Um these were the only names I could remember of the new guys. Anyway hope to see you all at EOS and this time I will bring my car. I promise.
Old 08-27-06, 01:11 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here. I had a great time. Sorry I had to leave before getting a chance to hear Teeman's Lionel Ritchie impersonation. I had to pick up my daughter. It was way past her bedtime.

Yeah Menech, thanks again for letting me drive your ride. I'm definitely getting my Eibachs soon. Hopefully before EOS. But I'm still sticking with my 250 after driving your ride. I don't want to go back to my crazy driving again. It keeps me in check. Can't wait to see your ride at EOS.

Putz, nice to see you again. Hey, don't let them push you around about your grandma driving.

Chris, nice chatting with you and Nicole during dinner. I'll try to convince my wife to come to EOS.

As for everyone else, it was nice meeting you all. I'm sure I'll be seeing more of you in the future.
Old 08-27-06, 08:16 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SBMGS4
Thanks to all for coming out and supporting our "little" get together in the East Bay. Great to see a lot of new faces and meet a bunch of new people. Always good to see our "extended family" growing. Dinner was awesome and looks like we found a new place at Bubbles and Crepes to just hang out and chill. Thanks for the quick synopsis menech...
I thought I ditched you guys on the way to Bubble and Crepe, i felt bad...
Old 08-27-06, 08:42 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default These mini-meets just keep getting better and better...

Special shout out to SBMGS4/markgs4/lightwave76 for organizing, keeping and continuing the East Bay dinner alive and well.

It was a casual sunny afternoon as the southbay/mtn.view/fremont folks met up a Starbucks for a nice drink put in some chat time.

Imaputz - I broke out my detailing skills and managed to wipe down his 2IS in just under 10 min.
VelvetBlue family - nice 2IS w/ the matador red.
Liqrsicc - reppin' the "yay area" w/ the 1st gen RX rollin' on dubs and booming w/ some local hits. (aka the "saki-bomb" master) Can I hire your homegirl for some modeling shoots in front of my car? j/k...yo.... Hope you like the freestyle Divas cd and the maduro Fuente.
Flipsonic - cool guy and a very nice clean 2IS.
menech/madness - the next "rat pack" of CL including imaputz rolling w/ their clean-a!@ 2IS's.

So we proceed to head up to Pleasant Hill and RMMGS4 joins us along the way in the caravan w/ 7 strong and never got seperated along the way.

As we exit, led by yours truly, somehow passed the shopping center by a few blocks and had to take a U-turn.

We entered the parking lot where a few other members were already there waiting for us. Several more folks rolled up and I handed out tons of stickers to those in attendance.

Shiwen - very nice meeting you and a clean 2GS.
The Phenom - another clean 2GS.
pxrlex - nice VIP "up and coming" 2GS w/ some sick lips.
lightwave76 - another wise vet and always a pleasure, bro.
SBMGS4 - one of the wise vets who know the ropes. very nice sound from the clean 2GS.
nthach - 1st gen LS400 keeping clean and classic.
crazydrago - another clean 2IS and fellow stoogie aficionado. hope you liked the smoke, bro.
TAMUR_GUS98+LDYNRED and family - one sick 2IS matador red breathing out sounds of custom exhaust.
markgs4 - you're not white, dude. I thought you were, but you ain't. It don't matter. anyway, nice 2GS jaded green w/ some killer mods.

Did i miss anyone?

So we enter the Sushi restaurant and it's saki-bomb time. Great place w/ really fresh quality sushi and a big flat screen behind the sushi chef's bar.
We eat, drink and drink some more (a few of us).

What in the hail mary is a "saki-bomb"?. Ask LiqrSicc. he's the master at this. I proceed to slowly sip on mine. go figure...

The bill comes and there's mad scramble to figure out who ate what but the waitress finally manages to find the original write-up bill and figures out the breakdown.

We get outside and some of us stayed and others went home.

We decide to go to Bubbles and Crepes (Crips? Craps? Crates?).
I call directory and say "Bubbles and Crips" and the operator hangs up on me. It was evident that the saki-bomb was starting to kick in.

I finally got thru on the next call and get the phone number.

Nthach shows us the way to Bubbles and crepes.
Tamur_gus98 shows up w/ the family.
RMMGS4 is once again in his element and shows off the recent race he captured on video in Monterey.
We chat it up some more.
Free ice cream for the entire CL folks
Then, it's the first annual CL Karaoke night.
Too much fun that night. You'll have to see the pics to get a glimpse why we all had a great time.

As always, this meet was a casual family affair gathering who showed up w/ their friends, sig. others, spouses, siblings, etc. They all have great pride in themselves, their cars and the common ground that they all share towards each other. As a result, the outcome can be phrased as "Let the good times roll" and "just having fun".
Thanks to all for attending and hope everyone makes it to EOS5.

Last edited by martini3; 08-27-06 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-27-06, 08:54 PM
ThaPhenom
Rookie

Nice meeting you all at the yesterday. Looking forward to seeing you in the future.
Old 08-27-06, 08:56 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Default My turn....

Hey everyone I had a great time Nice too meet more people out of the blue on a scheduled meet .. kinda of lots of cars and good attutudes...

As we we were dining I did have a saki-bomb..or two ? and some beer ?. Mannnnn I was feeling pretty good.... but I should have odered Not what I did lol ...

And I did love all the cars I did see ... Hope fully I can get all the numbers to all the members maybe If i am in your area I can run by and kick it ... good meeting good faces, and Members who love their cars too....

Tee : was great seeing you sing some music for entertainment ! hehe and your car is always beautiful .... For all the members It was great meeting you and seeing some of the faces I alrdy know Such as Chris & his lady again .... And Huge CRib !!!! also Mark , Tee , Glen ....( Im Not charles) , Bishop , Will and Family !

Well guys I hope to have my mods done soon ... Always a Friendly Competion...

take care and can't wait for another !
Old 08-27-06, 09:59 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool Another Successful Meet!!!!!!

Could not go to the dinner but I knew I had to hook up with ya'll before the night was through. Thanks for the heads up phone call Tee. We got there just as you guys got there. Its great to know "the family" is growing. Met a few of the newbies and got to spend a little time with my fellow CL vets. Where is the vid of Teeman on the mic?!!! Gotta see that. It was probably the highlight of the evening. Looking forward to spending more time with the family.
See You All at EOS, Can't wait!!!,
-Will
Old 08-27-06, 10:15 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

It was great meeting a lot of new faces and seeing old friends again. Next time Tee, we will have working mics. Or you can just do the Milli Vanilli impression. That had everyone laughing so hard. A great way to show some of the new folks how crazy things can get, and how much we are like an extended family.

Next time you take a sake bomb, you'll have to slam it down. Another day and time and I'll show ya. Mike had a good suggestion, to possibly doing this ever 3-4 months. We could do different spots in the Bay ever so often.

I'll see you guys in less than a month.

Who has the video by the way? I can put that up on the lgwnorcal site.
Old 08-27-06, 10:53 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

smbgs4 son ?
Old 08-27-06, 10:59 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Is this the bubbles and crepes on the east side of Contra Costa Blvd. just south of Sun Valley?
Old 08-27-06, 11:11 PM
crazydrago
Rookie

Originally Posted by flipside909
Is this the bubbles and crepes on the east side of Contra Costa Blvd. just south of Sun Valley?

I believe so.......its sure in that neighborhood though
Old 08-28-06, 12:01 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep. I brought up the possiblity of a CL take-over of Sun Valley since Surf City Squeeze also has bubble tea, but the mall closes at 9 and I would be the only person with a legitimate excuse to be there @ closing...
Old 08-28-06, 07:32 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. It's under new ownership. For some reason, it's always under new ownership. Since I was the first one to order my bubble tea, I told the lady jokingly that I brought 30 of my friends. She looks at me with a stunned look and her eyes opened up. It must have been a slow night until we got there. She gives me a 20% discount (30 cents, wow!). I asked her if she could do the same for everyone. I don't know if she did. She told me to bring everyone back soon. I pointed out who the organizers are. So yes, she is willing to accomodate us next time.

One lady from the next door check cashing place came to me and asked what was going on. All of a sudden she sees cars coming in the parking lot when it was almost time for them to close. I told her jokingly all of us just got off work and were going to cash our check. I told her I hope she has enough money back there. Then here eyes opened up too. And that's when I told her I was joking and we were all going next door.
Old 08-28-06, 09:48 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

What is that one boba place across from DVC? Thats a great place as far as parking is concerned.

Quick Reply: ****East Bay Dinner Meet--Aug. 26th--6:30pm****