Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

How good is Putnam Lexus (Redwood City)? Warranty expired 2 mnths ago...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-06, 07:22 PM
lexi4darin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How good is Putnam Lexus (Redwood City)? Warranty expired 2 mnths ago...

How good is Putnam Lexus (Redwood City)? My car's warranty expired 2 mnths ago and/or 2k miles ago. I just got this car two weeks ago (roughly) and it has some shaking and excessive feedback in the steering wheel. This can only be felt when the car is being driven at highway speeds over really bad pavement (common in the Bay Area).

I dropped my car off at Putnam in Redwood City today and they immediately thought it was ball joints or a shock. The service advisor at Putnam said they would do EVERYTHING they could to help me out with the warranty but I'm skeptical. They had the car all today (and I had a 7am appointment) and they barely had time to even look at my car. In fact, it seems they just barely looked at it. They called me at the end of the day to say they just finished looking at it and it seemed fine. I had to beg them to drive the car to feel the effects. Once they felt what I was talking about, they promised to get right on it Monday next week and they promised again to help out with as much as they could with warranty issues.

Has anyone had a similar problem with their '02 GS430? My car only has 50k miles on it and really new tires (tire pressure has been checked twice on each wheel/tire).

AND

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with Putnam Lexus?

It feels like they dogged me out all day and Monday they'll tell me the suspension is bent and its big $$$ and of course, there's nothing they can do with the suspension, and of course they tried their best.
Old 09-08-06, 07:41 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

our cars are very sensitive like this. if the tires are not perfectly balanced (load forced below 20lbs)you can get vibrations. if it's a balance issue it usually occurs at the same speed, everytime.the bushings are also a suspect because they get soft/cracked and they are affected by weather. some days they seam shaky, other days they feel perfect.
Old 09-09-06, 09:41 AM
lexi4darin
Driver

Anyone have any insight as to what the problem is? What my chances are of getting this under warranty? And how good Putnam Lexus is?
Old 09-09-06, 07:58 PM
tkracing
Lead Lap

If you bring it to back to Putnam tell your service adviser that you want Peter to look at it. He is pretty good at troubleshooting and has fixed a few problems for me in the past.
Old 09-10-06, 03:22 PM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

i've had no problems whenever i bring my car there....
Old 09-11-06, 09:26 PM
lexi4darin
Driver

Just to follow up guys-

My car had two blown shocks in the front; no front brakes; and toasty front rotor.

Putnam gave me an '06 RX330 for the weekend. It was complimentary. They also covered all my front suspension (parts and labor) under a "Good Will Warranty Extention".

Total cost to me, $390.

Way to go Putnam. You just sold me on making sure my next car is from your lot!
Old 09-11-06, 10:58 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Most dealers would do the same thing (Goodwill Warranty)... i know that we (Magnussen Lexus in Fremont) do quite a bit of Goodwill work. When you are so close to the warranty limits, it seems pretty much second nature to extend the warranty. Stuff like brakes, well, they are a wear item and there really isnt much of a warranty past the first year. Glad to hear you had a good experience!