Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Clear Bra shop in bay area.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-06, 12:00 PM
BatKing
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra shop in bay area.

Hi,

Anyone know a good clear bra shop in bay area with good price too?

I know aero tech is good but they are in South.

Thanks.
Old 09-23-06, 12:45 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out Sam @ Premiere Mobile. Great work, probably one of the best shops in the nation. A little pricier but you get what you pay for.
Old 09-23-06, 02:25 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In NorCal, I'd only look at Premier.
Old 09-23-06, 03:34 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Definitely go to Premier (http://www.premiermobilegroup.com); they do excellent work. If you're going to be at the EOS meet tomorrow, then you'll be able to check out at least a few cars they've worked on, including mine (twice).
Old 09-23-06, 07:35 PM
JasonC
Pole Position

No doubt Premier is the only company I'd let touch my car for this kind of work. Check out the cars that had the custom work done. They are the best.
Old 09-23-06, 07:53 PM
BatKing
Rookie

Thanks. for the advice.

I know the rules of what I get from what I pay for. but the price is really on the steep side. 60% more than what the street price is running base on my couple calls.

decision, decision.
Old 09-23-06, 11:46 PM
JasonC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BatKing
Thanks. for the advice.

I know the rules of what I get from what I pay for. but the price is really on the steep side. 60% more than what the street price is running base on my couple calls.

decision, decision.
Also consider what happens when you go to the cheaper, less skilled companies and they do a horrible job and hack up your car. You're gonna end up having to spend even more money to have it redone the right way by a company like Premier. Just a thought,....get it done right the first time.
Old 09-24-06, 01:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

definitely premier, they are the best
Old 09-24-06, 11:29 AM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

yup Premiere gets my vote too.........great job
Old 10-05-06, 10:29 AM
flyguy2
Driver School Candidate

Default chipped paint?

Hi - how are they with hoods that will have some touch up paint? Dealer indicated that about 80% of people who have had this done were not satisfied because it maginified the blemishes, and the small bubbles around the touched up areas made it look worse.

Thanks
Old 10-05-06, 10:36 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flyguy2
Hi - how are they with hoods that will have some touch up paint? Dealer indicated that about 80% of people who have had this done were not satisfied because it maginified the blemishes, and the small bubbles around the touched up areas made it look worse.

Thanks
That may be true. It depends on how bad the touch-up job is. If you do a good job with touch-up paint, then you shouldn't even notice it afterwards. You may just need to wetsand and polish a little so that there are no bumps in the paint that will be accentuated by the clear bra.
Old 10-05-06, 08:04 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Don't be fooled by cost or website content. You don't necessarily always get what you pay for. It's best to shop around and see the work in person, because in the end, you will be the one to value the end result of what you paid for.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-05-06 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-25-06, 03:43 AM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

How much does Premier service cost?
Old 10-25-06, 10:11 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this the Premiere off of Automall parkway? They're in the fairly new commercial bldg lot?

If so, I dropped my friend off last week for a clear bra install on his Cayman (S). I carefully inspected their work and it was very impressive. Everything was tucked and tightly wrapped to ensure proper fit and alighment up to the edges. It was pricey when I asked him the price but it was well worth the time and effort for a custom fit using top quality film. Every model/make of the car will have a different quote, therefore you are paying for the top workmanship skills that is involved the in the install process and integrity of the product.
Old 10-25-06, 10:51 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by teeman3
Is this the Premiere off of Automall parkway? They're in the fairly new commercial bldg lot?

If so, I dropped my friend off last week for a clear bra install on his Cayman (S). I carefully inspected their work and it was very impressive. Everything was tucked and tightly wrapped to ensure proper fit and alighment up to the edges. It was pricey when I asked him the price but it was well worth the time and effort for a custom fit using top quality film. Every model/make of the car will have a different quote, therefore you are paying for the top workmanship skills that is involved the in the install process and integrity of the product.
Yes, that's the same Premier (in Fremont). They do excellent work.

SilverSprt, you need to call Premier or stop by to get a quote for your car and what you want covered. They commonly do a custom job on each car to provide the best paint coverage and hide/tuck the edges so the bra is less noticeable, rather than use pre-cut films. I highly recommend them.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra shop in bay area.