Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

GS350 Clear Bra! Check It Out..

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-06, 11:30 PM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS350 Clear Bra! Check It Out..

Hey guys,

I just recently got my GS350 and my other RX has been banged up by rocks and chips galore so I decided to get this clear armor on my car. I've been soo paranoid since my car is white and I don't want any chips on it. Basically, I got all the areas prone to chips covered on my car. Anyways, here are some pictures I wanted to share..kinda hard to see, but it's worth a try...

First picture is of the front...parts covered my clear bra: 24 inches of the hood, front part of fender, all lights (head, fog, brights)
Attached Thumbnails GS350 Clear Bra! Check It Out..-cb_front.jpg  
Old 11-06-06, 11:35 PM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Default Door Cup and Door edge

Here's a picture of the clear bra on the door cups and on the door edge(u can see it)..glad they put it on the door cups here cause on my other RX, there are scratch marks in opening the door from fingers nails, rings or whatever..
Attached Thumbnails GS350 Clear Bra! Check It Out..-cb_door_cup.jpg  
Old 11-06-06, 11:38 PM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Default Side Mirror protection

Covered both the side mirrors as well...
Attached Thumbnails GS350 Clear Bra! Check It Out..-cb_side_mirror.jpg  
Old 11-06-06, 11:43 PM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Default Rear Bumper

Got the top part of the rear bumper covered - the loading area for the trunk...
Attached Thumbnails GS350 Clear Bra! Check It Out..-cb_rear.jpg  
Old 11-06-06, 11:44 PM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Anyways, I'm pretty **** about my car so had to get this. Now I have some piece of mind when I drive around now. Next project is to tint the windows!! Cheers!
Old 11-07-06, 01:39 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good, word of advice, if you go on long trips and know ur gonna hit bugs, wipe them off as soon as possible. the bug's blood tends to soak into the clearbra and leave a mark you can't get out. this has happened on all 3 times i've had the clearbra put on.... i guess i never learn
Old 11-07-06, 03:16 AM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Looks like a super job.... I hope I can find someone in my area who can apply the film this good. You've given me some good ideas... I didn't think about the trunk lid until you showed your's being done... thanks.
Old 11-07-06, 08:41 AM
GreatSmile
Pole Position

Silversport:

The car looks awsome!! It's nice that you put some on top of rear bumper and on the door handle (cup) area. I usually just use zaino to remove those scratches. I also found that bugs come off easily during wash. You can apply wax directly on top of it.

Lexant:
Yes, if you don't get the bug off soon, it tends to leave a mark. But I'd rather have the mark on the film, then on the car itself. A little trick I used: take some 70% alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and lightly clean the film. It takes marks/scratches....off. Works well!!
Old 11-07-06, 10:44 AM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will be sure to clean off the bug stains. I didn't know the clear bra could potentially be stained!

Last edited by SilverSprt; 11-08-06 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-08-06, 04:43 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks like it turned out great. You can't even tell its on there...
Old 11-08-06, 12:50 PM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Yeah, you can definitely see it and of course feel it if you're standing right next to the car. In pictures it's a bit harder to see unless you take the picture at the right angle with the right lighting.
Old 05-15-07, 05:00 PM
tmag
Pole Position

Looks great Silversport, I'm also in the market right now for a clear bra. Do you mind sharing some info on the place and price where you got the job done. Have my IS for 3 weeks and already have couple of rock dings. Oh also is anyone else have more info. I'm in south bay (San Jose). Thanks
Old 05-16-07, 02:15 AM
hguy4x
Driver

premier mobile. http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/ Sam does work for exotic cars like carrera gt's, ferrari's. When I dropped my car off to get it done he was working on an Aston Martin Vanquish and a couple ferrari 360 modenas.
Old 05-16-07, 02:46 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tmag
Looks great Silversport, I'm also in the market right now for a clear bra. Do you mind sharing some info on the place and price where you got the job done. Have my IS for 3 weeks and already have couple of rock dings. Oh also is anyone else have more info. I'm in south bay (San Jose). Thanks
Omega Tintwerks out of Pleasanton. Guy does a great job and prices are very reasonable. He did a completely custom wrap on my front bumper and it turned out way better than I had originally anticipated.
Old 05-16-07, 07:06 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by tmag
I will also vouch for Omega in Pleasanton.

I've seen other clearbra work done from other sources in the Bay Area. Don't be fooled by exotic cars on a website. I've seen the quality of work done on those cars including some of our own members...it's not that great for what you pay for.

Quick Reply: GS350 Clear Bra! Check It Out..