Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Friend Nearly shot in Stockton

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-06, 09:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

this is scary man...... sorry to hear about what your friend went through, but defintely good thing he's alive!
Old 12-12-06, 03:55 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
it's really easy to sit at your keyboard and say what you would do. It's a lot harder to have a real thug point a real gun right in your face and maintain any kind of composure. We all know what we'd like to think we would do, but you really don't know until it happens.
How very true. I am a firearm owner, and go to the range frequently. I would rate my comfort level with guns at about an 8 to 9. Until about a year ago though, I had never had a gun pointed in my face, and before it happened I was convinced that I'd have no problem maintaining my composure.
What happened when the gun was pointed toward me in an unfriendly fashion was a complete lock of every muscle in my body. Time seemed to slow down yet there still wasn't enough to do something meaningfull.

Since that day, the gun I bought to be my range gun and range gun only, now finds residence in my locked glove compartment with the key(on a quick-release ring) never leaving my side. I assume that unless I provoke a full search of my vehicle, I am safe stating that I do not have the key to open the glovebox, and if I were to be asked for confirmation, I'd show that the valet key in fact does not provide access to the glovebox.

As much as I feel sorry for the people that have to experience similar situations, if it even brings the possibility of legalizing concealed carry to the table, I am happy. Level-headed people wouldn't use it unless absolutely necessary, and the rest can go to jail for all I care.

~Alan

EDIT: Last 2 times I called 911 from my cell, I waited a minimum of 7 minutes on hold before finally being connected to an operator. If you travel the same route daily, especially if it passes through a rough neighborhood, it is a really good idea to have the local PD numbers in your phone. Unlike 911, local PD is likely to pick up instantly, and they have direct dispatch access to CHP if they are needed.

I wish everyone here some safe and happy holidays.

Last edited by SPORTcoupe; 12-12-06 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Forgot the reason I decided to post in the first place...
Old 12-13-06, 05:11 PM
aaronjz
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is freakin sad. i live right here in the 209
Old 12-13-06, 07:30 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the supportive comments guys, I showed him this thread and he was very appreciative. You guys are absolutely right... when you're in the moment.. you just freeze over sometimes. I think he played it right. Had he had a gun, I don't think it would have helped the situation what soever. What is even scarier is, those guys hit two other cars that night, and one person was killed.. so its currently a homicide investigation. You know how stupid those guys are? They're STILL using his cell phone! The police are currently working on tracking it.. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 12-13-06, 11:16 PM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

In addition to what Suneet said:

They found the car about 20 miles away with only his personal belongings missing (cell phone, laptop, golf clubs, etc.)

They are working on fingerprinting the vehicle.

The story of these guys wasn't released to the media. I've heard that they don't release info when something like this is part of a gang initiation.
Old 12-16-06, 12:36 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Guys like that are why I believe in the death penalty. I would not want them having kids and raising them to live the same worthless reprehensible life.
Old 12-16-06, 02:10 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Guys like that are why I believe in the death penalty. I would not want them having kids and raising them to live the same worthless reprehensible life.
I agree. I'm tired of people like this wasting tax dollars.
Old 12-21-06, 01:44 AM
Cali Agent
Driver School Candidate

Damn not to offend anyone but Im wondering if those guys were cambodian. I've heard alot of stories about cambodian people jacking **** all over stockton. And most of them are carrying guns. I hope Im not offending anyone when I post this. I've just been told stories about cambodian people around 209. I actually got this info from someone that is cambodian. But Im glad you friend is ok. There are alot of stolen cars but to me carjacking is the worst thing you can do. I hope carma bites those a$$hol3s bad.