Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Friend Nearly shot in Stockton

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-06, 03:28 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Friend Nearly shot in Stockton

Hey Guys,

Early this morning one of my closest friends and brothers was nearly shot to death in Stockton, CA. I just wanted to share this story with you guys so you're careful. He drives a G35 and he posted his story over at G35driver.com. I've quoted it below. Its just ridiculous, I haven't heard of many stories like these in NorCal! I'm especially shook up becuase just a couple months ago two of our other young friends passed away in car accidents, and lately it just seems like the world has become a much scarier place. I am honestly thanking god that he made it, and that our other friend was with him and was able to save him.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...light=stockton

at 6:00 am today I left the library from a good night of studying, and was on my way home to catch a few hours of sleep before a final exam. As I was headed home I called up my best friend to tell him what we needed to still review before we took the final. At an intersection a Blue Chevy Tahoe with tinted windows rolls up close behind me and hits me somewhat hard, so My friend decideds to turn back to just make sure everythings o.k. I pulled over to exchange insurance information and to check my car damage. As i got out of my car the passenger sitting behind the driver of the tahoe pulls out a shotgun (single barrel) and directs me to get on my knees with my hands behind my head. As i get on my knees the guy puts the barrel of the shotgun against my forehead while the driver and third passenger get out of the car with a revolver and a 9mm (two more guns) and tell me that my life is over and they were gonna kill me. I did watever they told me to do, get rid of the cell phone, keys, etc. just when they were about finish up they said " just hurry up and do it" mahan speeds up as he sees me and they say "***** it, just run him over with the truck." They told me to get my face on the floor and not to look up. They took off with my car, my laptop, my golf clubs all of my expensive **** inside the car... and tried to run me over with their truck. I decided at that point I needed to get up and take my chances by running out of the way. If they were gonna shoot me running, atleast I didnt let them run me over. I kept telling myself theres no way i can die today, this isnt the way I was supposed to die. All I could think about was my family and loved ones and I accepted for about ten seconds as they waited to shoot me that this was the end of my life. when they saw my best friends headlights they got scared and left. The thought of death is really different once you experience it. I really thought at that moment it was the end of my life. I closed my eyes and just sat there thinking about everything in my life that I had to be thankful for. stockton p.d. and campus police arrived shortly. Apparantly around 3:30 and 5:00 there was gunfire in the surrounding area. After calling the officers they said the same thing happened at those scenes, but i was the only one that isn't in the hospital. I have my life and im not injured, thats all I can ask for.

I had to say bye to my G in the worst way possible but all i can say is thank god I'm alive.
Old 12-08-06, 03:35 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that man. Hope they catch them and he gets his car back. That's so sad
Old 12-08-06, 04:45 PM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude Suneet... It's Urmil... I just talked to him and I think hes doing a lot better. I can't believe this happened to someone I know so well.

Hit me up and we'll talk dude, you have my number...
Old 12-08-06, 08:23 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

that just crazy hope those savages get whats coming...all of his things can be replaced. your friend is really lucky that hes ok.
Old 12-09-06, 07:54 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That just sent chills up my spine. As I was reading the story, I was picturing myself in his spot and thought of my wife and two kids. I would have ran the second I get the chance regardless if they're going to shoot me or not. I will not just lay there and wait for my end to happen. This gets me thinking if someone rear ends me. This can happen anywhere. He is a very lucky guy and I'm glad he got out of that alive.
Old 12-09-06, 02:07 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

That is so stupid. It really makes me mad when I hear stories like this. Im so glad the G35 driver was able to make it out alright. I just had a somewhat similar scare with my younger brother and his Lexus SC. He just got it impounded not too long ago. After dropping his friends off on a late thanksgiving night some guys in a black Integra tried to chase him and run his SC off the road. A cop pulled him over and impounded the SC for running stop signs and doing 85 0n a 25.

I had a cousin who was being followed home one night after work. This might sound familiar to some people who live in San Jose because the story ended up in the news papers. A car followed him and when he noticed he was trying to get away they rammed his car off the road and over a fence sending my cousin flying through the windshield. The police say he was still concious and tried to make a run for it but the car that was following him came around and ran him over. This all happened in San Jose at the corner of Capitol Expressway and Story Rd right next to the Chevron gas station.
Old 12-09-06, 04:57 PM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
That is so stupid. It really makes me mad when I hear stories like this. Im so glad the G35 driver was able to make it out alright. I just had a somewhat similar scare with my younger brother and his Lexus SC. He just got it impounded not too long ago. After dropping his friends off on a late thanksgiving night some guys in a black Integra tried to chase him and run his SC off the road. A cop pulled him over and impounded the SC for running stop signs and doing 85 0n a 25.

I had a cousin who was being followed home one night after work. This might sound familiar to some people who live in San Jose because the story ended up in the news papers. A car followed him and when he noticed he was trying to get away they rammed his car off the road and over a fence sending my cousin flying through the windshield. The police say he was still concious and tried to make a run for it but the car that was following him came around and ran him over. This all happened in San Jose at the corner of Capitol Expressway and Story Rd right next to the Chevron gas station.
Damn, thats sad to hear..sounds like we are all gonna need some lessons on how to ditch a stalker safely...
Old 12-09-06, 05:24 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

yea i think its time to start carrying my guns with me...
Old 12-09-06, 07:02 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

I'm just worried about accidents now. You'll never know who's coming out of the other car. I guess one would just have to be really cautious especially if it happens late at night or in a secluded area.
Old 12-09-06, 10:54 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Thats why I keep a maglite or one of those illegal batons behind the driver seat. Im not playing anymore.
Old 12-10-06, 01:23 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

to think I was in Stockton around University of the Pacific a few weeks ago for a debate tournament!

That's some crazy shizzot, that's for sure but your friend made it out alive.
Old 12-10-06, 11:06 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

If you follow concealed carry laws at all, this strategy would be well known to you. It caused all the rental companies to take off the identifying stickers from their cars. When Florida liberalised their concealed carry law and made it possible for just about anyone without a criminal or mental history to get a concealed carry permit, the thugs stopped doing "bump & run" on the locals.

The idea is, you hit the car in front of you from behind, which causes the normal person to pull over to check for damage and to exhange insurance, etc. The thug pulls out his firearm and robs the person on the side of the road. They don't usually murder them, but sometimes they do.

So what happened in Florida after they changed the law is the criminals realised the locals might very well be armed and dangerous. So they targeted the rental cars because they knew anyone driving a rental car was likely a tourist and unarmed. This really got out of hand in Miami, so the Florida legislature passed a law requiring the rental companies to remove distinguishing marks from their cars to protect the tourist industry.

So far, so good. Now it sounds like the criminals in California are catching on to this and knowing California will never liberalise concealed carry laws, they're going to have a hey day.

Suneet - I am very sorry for your friend. It was an awful thing for him to experience. He was incredibly brave not to panic and pass out or lose his composure and to have sense enough to run away. Good for him!

Arm chair quarterbacks - it's really easy to sit at your keyboard and say what you would do. It's a lot harder to have a real thug point a real gun right in your face and maintain any kind of composure. We all know what we'd like to think we would do, but you really don't know until it happens.
Old 12-10-06, 11:10 AM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
If you follow concealed carry laws at all, this strategy would be well known to you. It caused all the rental companies to take off the identifying stickers from their cars. When Florida liberalised their concealed carry law and made it possible for just about anyone without a criminal or mental history to get a concealed carry permit, the thugs stopped doing "bump & run" on the locals.

The idea is, you hit the car in front of you from behind, which causes the normal person to pull over to check for damage and to exhange insurance, etc. The thug pulls out his firearm and robs the person on the side of the road. They don't usually murder them, but sometimes they do.

So what happened in Florida after they changed the law is the criminals realised the locals might very well be armed and dangerous. So they targeted the rental cars because they knew anyone driving a rental car was likely a tourist and unarmed. This really got out of hand in Miami, so the Florida legislature passed a law requiring the rental companies to remove distinguishing marks from their cars to protect the tourist industry.

So far, so good. Now it sounds like the criminals in California are catching on to this and knowing California will never liberalise concealed carry laws, they're going to have a hey day.

Suneet - I am very sorry for your friend. It was an awful thing for him to experience. He was incredibly brave not to panic and pass out or lose his composure and to have sense enough to run away. Good for him!

Arm chair quarterbacks - it's really easy to sit at your keyboard and say what you would do. It's a lot harder to have a real thug point a real gun right in your face and maintain any kind of composure. We all know what we'd like to think we would do, but you really don't know until it happens.
Very informative post and great insight!
Old 12-10-06, 11:19 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Almost forgot - if this DOES happen to you - hit from the rear, especially if it seems like an odd time/situation for this to happen - CALL 911 immediately and DON'T pull over until you have the operator on the line with your location.

It's unfortunately illegal to carry a loaded weapon in your car. I wouldn't recommend you do this for a lot of reasons and they all have a lot to do with what happens if you get caught. If you choose to carry a weapon, be smart and don't put your NRA sticker in the window. Also if you are armed in this kind of situation, keep in mind that even if you have a completely justified shoot and kill (or injure) the bad guys, their families (or they) can sue you in court for wrongful death (wrongful injury). Yes, it sucks, but you will be forced to spend an alarming amount of your own money defending yourself against these leeches in the judicial system. Think about it before doing anything foolish.
Old 12-12-06, 01:21 AM
kissbang
Pole Position

That's freaking scary... Those people deserve to die. Good to hear he wasn't injured or anything.

I agree that it's best to dial 911 immediately and hopefully the police are near incase something does go down, but of course, being in an accident does put you in a state of disarray.

Quick Reply: Friend Nearly shot in Stockton