Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Looking for an accident attorney

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-06, 11:11 PM
cal_alum98
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an accident attorney

My friend just got into an accident and from the sounds of it, she was not at fault. The other driver, however, claimed that she hit her, despite the fact that the other driver was trying to make a turn at a T-intersection (her path came to a dead end) and did not yield to my friend who was driving through.

Does anyone know of a good attorney that handles traffic accident cases or know of a resource to find such an attorney?
Old 12-28-06, 11:07 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What is the attorney needed for, injury claims, dispute ticket, personal law suit?

Usually the insurance companies duke it out in terms of determining fault and paying damages and both parties would just pay their deductable, that's it. Is the insurance company assessing fault against their insured driver and they want to dispute it? I'm not clear what the specific need for a lawyer is.
Old 12-28-06, 02:39 PM
cal_alum98
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
What is the attorney needed for, injury claims, dispute ticket, personal law suit?
It's for injury claims. At this point, it looks like the determination of fault is going to be in my friend's favor.
Old 12-28-06, 02:46 PM
RMMGS4

Default This guy will take care of ya

Hopefully OK to post this.

Atty. Jonathan Werner

650 348 0333 in Burlingame

Check your PM for address and referral name.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 12-28-06 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-29-06, 02:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,429 Posts

You might want to hold off hiring an attorney and let the insurance companies do their thing. You'll get a notice if your friend is found at fault, then for sure, you need an attorney. But for injury cases, you should really try to resolve it yourself first. The attorney takes 33% off the top + costs. You end up getting very little in the end, and in most cases, you're way ahead to try to negotiate first, if they turn out to be jerks (I've heard 21st Century is one of the ones you'll need an attorney), then hire legal assistance.

I've been through this a number of times both with and without attorneys. The settlements I negotiated myself worked out far better.
Old 12-29-06, 04:32 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You might want to hold off hiring an attorney and let the insurance companies do their thing. You'll get a notice if your friend is found at fault, then for sure, you need an attorney. But for injury cases, you should really try to resolve it yourself first. The attorney takes 33% off the top + costs. You end up getting very little in the end, and in most cases, you're way ahead to try to negotiate first, if they turn out to be jerks (I've heard 21st Century is one of the ones you'll need an attorney), then hire legal assistance.

I've been through this a number of times both with and without attorneys. The settlements I negotiated myself worked out far better.
In your case if you can negotiate yourself great, but not everyone else may have that knowledge, ability or desire.

The attorney I suggested is there to support any possible extended medical costs such as for long term physical therapy. In this case the damages sought after are not for a monetary return to the client, rather to ensure that the medical coverage will continue as long a time as is needed for the insured to fully recover. In such a case an insurance such as AAA may not always support this length of coverage.

I already PM'd cal_alum about his friends specific needs, so it's up to them to advise with this attorney and determine whether his assistance is warranted.