Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
Old 12-12-14, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-06, 06:13 PM
hopkinskid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question....shouldn't it be cheaper to install/swap springs vs install an entire coilover kit? Or maybe not, since it's the same amount of work? I got a quote to install Tein Basics, and I found it reasonable. But for springs......? I'm new at all this, so just asking!
Old 09-01-06, 06:16 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I spoke to John, and he said the first couple of 2IS were charged $210 because he didn't know how long it would take. He also figured he would give a discount to the first couple of 2IS to go there. So I guess Putz was one of the lucky first ones. It's ok though. $60 is still worth it since they already know what to do. Same thing I did with my '06 ML350. I didn't trust anyone so I went to Brabus in Newport Beach to get my kit installed. I had family down there to visit anyway.
Old 09-01-06, 07:21 PM
Norcalex
Driver

sorry but i dont trust exact. that dude john mess up 3 of my boys car and mine of GS anyway i would say do it yourself. I just put on the eibach spring for my SC yesterday nite take me abou 2 1/2hrs.

DIY job save yourself 150-250 call a friend who know how to do it buy 12packs of beer and some food chill and do it.
Old 09-02-06, 07:48 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

That's just it, I don't know anyone I can trust to install it and not pay the price Exact is charging. I'm just going where people had theirs done. So far Putz and Menech are satisfied with Exact.

What kind of work did Exact do to your friends' car?
Old 09-02-06, 01:44 PM
menech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Flipsonic
That's just it, I don't know anyone I can trust to install it and not pay the price Exact is charging. I'm just going where people had theirs done. So far Putz and Menech are satisfied with Exact.

What kind of work did Exact do to your friends' car?
Putz and I also used the coupon from the grand opening...which was 20% off labor.

Flip - its up to you. John and Sandy will take good care of your car but if you want to save a few bucks i'm sure you can find a cheaper shop.

I would have installed them myself but I've never done springs before and dont have the right tools so I figured trying it out on my brand new car wouldn't be the brightest idea :P
Old 09-02-06, 09:12 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

I'm definitely going to Exact. They have the experience and that's most important to me. I would do it myself too but don't have the experience and tools. I want it done right by someone who has done it before.
Old 09-02-06, 10:19 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

norcalex, how did exact mess up your cars? they've been the only shop i take my car too and even now, i just got back from having my wideband installed. lemme just add, that with my bodykit and his new lifts, it took half an hour just to get my car up right, to make sure the side skirts wouldn't hit, that right there is enough reason for me to take it to him, not to mention he's very knowledgeable on my car now, and because of that, SC's in general.

to give cred to him, here's the list of work he did on my car.
Daizen bushings (all control arms)
Daizen camber kit (front and rear)
Daizen steering rack
Tein CS install
Tein EDFC install
Innovate LC1 wideband install
SAFC2 install
battery relocation

and the list can go on when it comes to maintenance...
Old 09-02-06, 11:13 PM
Norcalex
Driver

they install my old SC and didnt put on the main bolt on the bottom in right and my buddy GS Gs l-tune car he put in his Tein HA and he ask them to low it all the way and they didnt even do it and the next day he come back ask them to low it that dude John tell him if he want him to take it out do it again it gonna cost him $200 more. I think my friend talk to Glen about this problem before too but anyway i don't wanna go in detail maybe i'm just bad luck didnt get the good work i know they do a lot of lexus and Z's too so yeah go there if ya like good luck.
Old 09-02-06, 11:14 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

I'm definitely going to Exact. They have the experience and that's most important to me. I would do it myself too but don't have the experience and tools. I want it done right by someone who has done it before.
what time is your appointment ben? i'm gonan be headng up to dublin to meet a pal on tuesday.. around 11am.... u can check out my goodies if your around then

otherwise... EOS!!
Old 09-03-06, 07:09 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Originally Posted by imaputz
what time is your appointment ben? i'm gonan be headng up to dublin to meet a pal on tuesday.. around 11am.... u can check out my goodies if your around then

otherwise... EOS!!
My appointment on Tuesday is 10 AM. Hope to see your ride before EOS. In case I don't see you, care to share what you have done? Or is it top secret G14 classified like Menech?
Old 09-03-06, 11:27 AM
menech
Lead Lap

My appointment on Tuesday is 10 AM. Hope to see your ride before EOS. In case I don't see you, care to share what you have done? Or is it top secret G14 classified like Menech?
haha not so top secret besides David currently has me beat on mods His car sounds freaking M-E-A-N now....I think I'm a bad influence...first he revs past 4000rpms, now his car sounds like a monster...I hear he is looking into a supercharger, something about the car being too slow
Old 09-03-06, 01:16 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

lol hhhahhahahahahaa
Old 09-05-06, 09:19 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Norcalex
they install my old SC and didnt put on the main bolt on the bottom in right and my buddy GS Gs l-tune car he put in his Tein HA and he ask them to low it all the way and they didnt even do it and the next day he come back ask them to low it that dude John tell him if he want him to take it out do it again it gonna cost him $200 more. I think my friend talk to Glen about this problem before too but anyway i don't wanna go in detail maybe i'm just bad luck didnt get the good work i know they do a lot of lexus and Z's too so yeah go there if ya like good luck.

Can we leave GS L-tune story out of this? I cleared that up and discussed it with him a long time ago.

YOU are only giving YOUR SIDE of the story saying "$200 more" but you are leaving out the details why? I appreciate you pointing out that I reviewed this before, but if you are not going to explain the full details and only say the bad part and leave out what the findings REALLY were, then why bring it up at all?

I know EXACTLY what happened with GS-L_Tune, I know the person (for 3 years) who he bought the used coilovers from and I know WHY there was a problem with them and the $200 additional charge to adjust the ride height. It has been discussed on this forum already in detail, so I am not going to repeat that discussion again. People can do a search for that thread if they wish.

If you want to discuss YOUR own experience, please continue, but please leave GS-L-Tune story out of this.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-07-06 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-05-06, 07:22 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Default Exact - Another Satisfied Customer

Went to Exact today to get my Eibach Pro Kit installed. John had me out in 4 hours. The price was reasonable and I wouldn't have trusted it to anyone else. I came to this shop because I knew I wouldn't be dissapointed. Thanks John.

As for the ride quality, I expected it to be a little more bumpy than stock. Far from it. I couldn't tell the difference except the handling is more responsive. So far, I'm pleased with the outcome.

Now if I can only decide what shoes to put on. I guess I'll have a better idea after EOS.

Last edited by Flipsonic; 09-05-06 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-05-06, 07:46 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad you're happy w/ their service. I had my Eibachs installed by them as well and was very happy w/ the outcome. They knew what they were doing and I would have not taken it to any other shop besides them.

Quick Reply: Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.