Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
Old 12-12-14, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-09, 10:13 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch..sorry to hear your bad experience.. maybe it has something to do with the bad economy..

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-14-09 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-26-09, 10:24 AM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lx470man
exact is an ok shop. john is a cool guy and sandy is ok but she overprices everything. Also some days they are great and other days they are not so great. i have been going there since, 2000 and well everytime i go back it gets worse. I had a problem with my lx470 suspension and went to him. Well after a test drive with him, he told me that maybe my tires are overinflated i mean come on im not retarted, if the tires are overinflated i know it ouwl bounce a bit. but my automatic suspension has been acting up. i.e when i am at a stoplight the ride height all of a sudden drops all of sudden and then raises back. Also the car now rides like im on litterly on a horse. NOw after we get back to the shop he takes the car in the shop for like 5 mins and tells me its the tires. then charges me $150. to take air out of my tires.
Hi, we don't recall that we ever charged a customer $150 jut to take air out from the tires, there must some other work we had done for you that you willing to pay for $150, please give us your full name, we will look up in our record, we will tell you what we did to the car at that time. Thank you.

4/10/09 - THIS IS AN UPDATE FROM POST ABOVE THAT OCCURED ON 3/26/09:
Ok, finally we found the repair order what we had done for your last visit. You brought your car in & complained the car ride stiffness adjustable suspension not working & requested us to test drive & check it, we quote you for an hour labor to diagnostic which is $90 in 12-1-2006. First we brought the car to test drive, we found the car's handling has a little problem. We brougth back to put on the lift to check all the suspension, we found the two front shocks have minor leak, the rest are ok, then we found the tires pressure were too low at 24psi, so we adjusted the tires pressure to 32psi-which is proper pressure for the tires, then we brought the car to test drive again, car handle fine after that. We quoted you $90 before we work on the car & you agreed. After at least an hour to check & test drive, we solved the problem you had complained, and we charged you only $90, not $150. We think it's fair to charge a customer if we solved the problem customer complained about. If you were not happy with our work, you could have come back & we would be happy to take care of you, but why wait more than two years later to complain in the forum?

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com

Last edited by EXACT; 04-10-09 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-27-09, 09:49 AM
loitranman
Driver

Well back to what I was saying earlier..Here are the recent records..

I asked him about my brakes and how it screeches and makes noise when I hardly even press on it and when I press down on it. I think the rotors might need to be resurfaced again, but who knows...

"To answer your question about the brakes, I looked at the service records and the front brakes (pads) were replaced and front rotors resurfaced at 60K. The rear brakes (pads) were replaced and rear rotors resurfaced at 75K svc. There should be plenty of life left on both front and rear. Most likely the rotors are dirty and just need to be cleaned with a brake cleaner. Usually if the rotors need resurfaced, you'll feel vibration when you hit the brakes which I don't believe that's the case.

Since 60K, here's a quick summary of the svcs performed on the car:

- 65K (oil change svc - This usually includes topping off various fluids)
- 70K (oil change svc)
- 75K service (same as a typical 15K svc - usually it involves oil change, air filter, misc fluid top off including transmission fluid change and misc part lubrication, tire rotation,..etc.)
- 80K (oil change svc)
- 85K (oil change svc)"

Now what do I need to do for the 90k? Or need to get? Can I get a quote also.
Old 03-27-09, 10:30 AM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by loitranman
Well back to what I was saying earlier..Here are the recent records..

I asked him about my brakes and how it screeches and makes noise when I hardly even press on it and when I press down on it. I think the rotors might need to be resurfaced again, but who knows...

"To answer your question about the brakes, I looked at the service records and the front brakes (pads) were replaced and front rotors resurfaced at 60K. The rear brakes (pads) were replaced and rear rotors resurfaced at 75K svc. There should be plenty of life left on both front and rear. Most likely the rotors are dirty and just need to be cleaned with a brake cleaner. Usually if the rotors need resurfaced, you'll feel vibration when you hit the brakes which I don't believe that's the case.

Since 60K, here's a quick summary of the svcs performed on the car:

- 65K (oil change svc - This usually includes topping off various fluids)
- 70K (oil change svc)
- 75K service (same as a typical 15K svc - usually it involves oil change, air filter, misc fluid top off including transmission fluid change and misc part lubrication, tire rotation,..etc.)
- 80K (oil change svc)
- 85K (oil change svc)"

Now what do I need to do for the 90k? Or need to get? Can I get a quote also.
Hi, go with our recommendation service for 90k. We will pm you with the quote. As for the brake, we can inspect them for you.

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 03-28-09, 09:52 PM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i mean come on im not retarted, if the tires are overinflated i know
retarded is spelled with a "D"...

Originally Posted by tfz_hebe89
ouch..sorry to hear your bad experience.. maybe it has something to do with the bad economy..
i seriously doubt it has anything to do with the economy ricky... i dont think this guy is giving the full story.. just what he wants us to know to make his pity story more realistic.
Old 03-29-09, 04:08 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i mean come on im not retarted
Just a little bit.

I've had a bad encounter with exact regarding my rear lip, but when i got my car serviced, they did excellent.
Old 03-31-09, 02:46 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by is350jonny
...i mean come on im not retarted...
Post of the year.

Javier
Old 03-31-09, 02:59 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by is350jonny
Originally Posted by javyLSU
Post of the year.

Javier
LMAO
BTW, we want to know the REAL FULL Story~!
ever since I joined CL, I've only heard great stuff about EXACT
oh wait, to be honest, I have heard one complaint, and that was because someone took the fake cheap replica kit to them and expected them to make it fit perfectly

Last edited by SeOuLiS250; 03-31-09 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-31-09, 06:35 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EXACT
Hi, we don't recall that we ever charged a customer $150 jut to take air out from the tires, there must some other work we had done for you that you willing to pay for $150, please give us your full name, we will look up in our record, we will tell you what we did to the car at that time. Thank you.
EXACT,
I suggest you PM LX470man and attempt to "Clear the Air" with him.

It is definitely not fair of LX470man to make accusations and when EXACT replies in their own defense, there is no response from him for several days now. I see that LX470man has been posting on the forums several times since then.

LX470man, if you are reading this, you should do the right thing and clarify your statement directly with EXACT about charging you $150 just to take air out of your tires.

exact is an ok shop. john is a cool guy and sandy is ok but she overprices everything. Also some days they are great and other days they are not so great. i have been going there since, 2000 and well everytime i go back it gets worse. I had a problem with my lx470 suspension and went to him. Well after a test drive with him, he told me that maybe my tires are overinflated i mean come on im not retarted, if the tires are overinflated i know it ouwl bounce a bit. but my automatic suspension has been acting up. i.e when i am at a stoplight the ride height all of a sudden drops all of sudden and then raises back. Also the car now rides like im on litterly on a horse. NOw after we get back to the shop he takes the car in the shop for like 5 mins and tells me its the tires. then charges me $150. to take air out of my tires.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-31-09 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-31-09, 08:57 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

BTW,
EXACT, I'm waiting for your reply
Old 04-01-09, 01:01 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
LMAO
BTW, we want to know the REAL FULL Story~!
ever since I joined CL, I've only heard great stuff about EXACT
oh wait, to be honest, I have heard one complaint, and that was because someone took the fake cheap replica kit to them and expected them to make it fit perfectly
Seoul, that someone is me. I brought a lip for them, and i asked if they can put it on for me. John specifically said "i've worked with these before" and i gave him the ok to put it on. Couple hours later he calls me and says "your car is ready" without notifying me about the cracks. I actually saw the cracks, then i went to ask.

I went for the seibon because it had carbon fiber accents, not because it was cheap and fake.

Also seoul, Keep your hypocritical comments to yourself cause you also have a fake,cheap, and replica front and sides
Old 04-01-09, 11:18 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

thanks EXACT for the quote
Old 04-03-09, 08:53 PM
iceache925
Intermediate

Received 159 Likes on 71 Posts
Default F-Sport Springs Install

Hey Everyone -

I'm interested in having the F-Sport Springs installed. I know next to nothing about installing this kind of stuff in my ride so I called the Pleasanton dealership. They gave a quote of $778.00 to install and then they recommended a $99.00 alignment on top of that. This is insane in my opinion. That's $877.00 just for installation.

Anyone have any suggestions for installation with a good shop/trusting shop? I'm all about keeping my car in top shape in terms of not having things half *** installed. But this is nuts. Any help or suggestions would be great. I live in the Concord area.
Old 04-05-09, 05:36 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you iceache925. I'm looking to get my F-Sport shocks and springs installed. Called up Pleasanton Lexus and they quoted me for $1080 + alignment. I'm also looking to get the F-Sport exhaust and Sways put on two. They said an extra $500 for those two things. Nearly $1600 for these four things? Wow. Lemme know if you find someone cheaper. I'm calling up KarTunz (down the street from Lexus of P), and Wheel Works tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say. Anyone else have any shop suggestions? Thanks.
Old 04-05-09, 11:12 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

wow those are some crazy price
you can probably do your rear sway and exhaust in your garage if you have the tools
exhaust is only held by two bolts and 4 rubber hangers
have you guys contacted EXACT??

Quick Reply: Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.