Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
Old 12-12-14, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-09, 09:15 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by obby
Those are my boys shop, and even i don't get my work done there..lol.. I heard nothing but bad thing about them. I cant believe they're still open.
Hahaha.... Sorry. I thought this was brutally honest. Thanks for the best statement ever!
Old 11-11-09, 11:32 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those are my boys shop, and even i don't get my work done there..lol.. I heard nothing but bad thing about them. I cant believe they're still open.
Do you have any personal "good or bad" experiences that you can share with us?

It's difficult to gain a real sense on this shop with only a few posts so far, so any others who have personal experiences with VEX please do chime in with a detailed feedback, but it's preferable that you provide your own first hand experience, not just "what you heard" second hand.
Old 11-12-09, 12:42 AM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy350
i've never herd of them....

but your that sk2 got his fender rolled.... jap. cars/ paint is different(softer) then other paint, so it'll crack like that....
if these guys didnt know that... then....

To clarify things, the silver s2000 is not mine, its a member on the s2k forums. Also, it wasn't the cracked paint that was the problem, they completely deformed the fender. My s2000 was flared out very aggressively and it turned out perfect. To give you perspective, stock s2000 offset is about 50/55 respectively give or take. I flared it out to fit 9 inch +38 in the front with enough clearance to drive it pretty hard on the track. His car is an 05 so the paint isn't too old. If done right, you can achieve flares without cracking paint/deforming the overall design of the fender.

Here are some pics right after I got mine rolled/flared out.
I also posted these on the other thread, in case you guys skipped over the first page.

Last edited by Stevoe88; 11-12-09 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-12-09, 12:44 AM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

damn.. clean s2k... just like ur 2is
Old 11-12-09, 01:13 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I can remember I had 2 bad experience with them personally. First they ripped 2 of my tires when mounting them on my wheels, and didn't take any kind of respectability. Second they scratch my wheels (Work Meister) in FRONT of my face and also didn't take any responsibility, and they go on about we are not reliable blah blah BS...... They also scratch one of my buddy wheels, and also ripped another member on this forum tires. There's not to many shop out here that I know of that can stretch tires, so I have no chose but to go with them (VEX) in the past, but now I found out that one of my neighbor have a tires changer and a HUNTER Road Force tires balancer in his garage. I also found out that his the owner of AUTORND that use to be in Milpitas. So I get all my work done there now, and get some good price on some products.
Old 11-12-09, 04:32 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Never heard of them.
Old 11-12-09, 06:33 PM
WHTLINES
Driver School Candidate

Hey what kind of wheels you got on that S2K? just curious...
Old 11-12-09, 07:35 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

From what I can remember I had 2 bad experience with them personally. First they ripped 2 of my tires when mounting them on my wheels, and didn't take any kind of respectability. Second they scratch my wheels (Work Meister) in FRONT of my face and also didn't take any responsibility, and they go on about we are not reliable blah blah BS...... They also scratch one of my buddy wheels, and also ripped another member on this forum tires. There's not to many shop out here that I know of that can stretch tires, so I have no chose but to go with them (VEX) in the past, but now I found out that one of my neighbor have a tires changer and a HUNTER Road Force tires balancer in his garage. I also found out that his the owner of AUTORND that use to be in Milpitas. So I get all my work done there now, and get some good price on some products.
Word man, they ripped me off for a set of lugs (It was my fault to be honest for not looking around, but I was desperate to put my wheels on :P ) Definitely will never do business with them again.

Originally Posted by UV
damn.. clean s2k... just like ur 2is
Still nothing compared to yours haha definitely one of my favorite 2IS's on here. Hopefully you keep it satin white for awhile

Originally Posted by WHTLINES
Hey what kind of wheels you got on that S2K? just curious...
Lol, they're stock AP1 (2000-2003) wheels. I had a 2007 ... hahaha sold my stock wheels for Work Emotion CR kai's, then sold those for buddyclub coilovers, and with the extra money from selling my used springs I bought a set of painted 16" stockies from the 2000-2003 years.
Old 11-12-09, 10:45 PM
WHTLINES
Driver School Candidate

It looks hella clean nice drop and the wheels do not look like stocks....what size tires are you running in the front and back? smaller ones im thinking. sorry for all the questions but my gf has an AP1 and she really likes what you've done with your car..lol.
Old 11-12-09, 11:11 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WHTLINES
It looks hella clean nice drop and the wheels do not look like stocks....what size tires are you running in the front and back? smaller ones im thinking. sorry for all the questions but my gf has an AP1 and she really likes what you've done with your car..lol.
Sent you a PM with all the info so we don't get too off topic
Old 11-12-09, 11:47 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

but now I found out that one of my neighbor have a tires changer and a HUNTER Road Force tires balancer in his garage. I also found out that his the owner of AUTORND that use to be in Milpitas. So I get all my work done there now, and get some good price on some products.

So Rishi lives by you? Lucky guy. autoRND has been around for many years strong
Old 11-14-09, 09:05 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

^ yes sir... I need my tires flip but he just had his kid..
Old 11-17-09, 01:06 PM
mikeho
Lead Lap

I have another recommendation for those still looking.

In San Jose, there's Dan @ Ministry of Transport. I haven't had him work on my IS250 yet, but he's done some A/C work on my wife's BMW. Great job, won't do work until he's sure what the problem is, great pricing. I would take my car to him the next time I have a major service.

NOTE: He doesn't do rims or wheels, but will do everything mechanical.

Ministry of Transport
40 Cleveland Ave
San Jose CA 95128
408 293 0601

* Has Wi-Fi on site, so you can work there if his fix doesn't take a lot of time.
Old 12-25-09, 11:08 PM
gs3tommyt
Driver School Candidate

New to club lexus.. but as far as your 30/60/90ks im not saying this because i work there but im a porter/lube tech at the lexus of Pleasanton and i spoke with a few guests in the shuttle a lot of them said that we beat other dealership prices esp concord and our service is better than coliseum. fyi just dont get the car washes. hahaha
Old 01-18-10, 11:49 PM
wyee99
Pole Position

Has anyone gone to Motorsports Techniques in Hayward? I heard they're kind of expensive, but do they do a good job?

Quick Reply: Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.