Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
Old 12-12-14, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-10, 05:04 PM
rbny
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for Lexus Dealer recommendations in the SF/Bay area for routine service and maintenance.

I know that Exact Motors has a strong reputation in the community, however, if I wanted to go to a Lexus Dealer, which one is the recommended/preferred choice for servicing Lexus vehicles? Serramonte or Marin? Others?

Thank you.
Old 10-27-10, 07:46 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rbny
Looking for Lexus Dealer recommendations in the SF/Bay area for routine service and maintenance.

I know that Exact Motors has a strong reputation in the community, however, if I wanted to go to a Lexus Dealer, which one is the recommended/preferred choice for servicing Lexus vehicles? Serramonte or Marin? Others?

Thank you.

Lexus of Stevens Creek #1 and Magnussen Lexus #2
Old 10-28-10, 07:36 PM
rbny
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Lexus of Stevens Creek #1 and Magnussen Lexus #2
Thanks for the information. I will look into both dealerships and decide.
Old 11-12-10, 04:55 PM
Rush350
Lead Lap

John at Exact just hooked up my IS350 with H&R springs today. Sandy and John were great to work with. Would definitely do buisness again there soon. Car rides and feels great!!
Old 11-29-10, 08:34 PM
dsheth
Driver School Candidate

Be careful with Steven's Creek Lexus, make sure you look at the work they're doing carefully before authorizing anything. they're run by penske (in my opinion they suck). The people there aren't very friendly and a bit dishonest with the work they do. but they do have one great service adviser there, ask for Maria.

I just picked up a new IS from Magnussen's so not sure how they are.

Originally Posted by rbny
Thanks for the information. I will look into both dealerships and decide.
Old 12-01-10, 09:47 PM
rbny
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dsheth
Be careful with Steven's Creek Lexus, make sure you look at the work they're doing carefully before authorizing anything. they're run by penske (in my opinion they suck). The people there aren't very friendly and a bit dishonest with the work they do. but they do have one great service adviser there, ask for Maria.

I just picked up a new IS from Magnussen's so not sure how they are.
Well, I'm not going to worry about Steven's Creek Lexus since I took my IS300 to Exact Motors for its 30k service. Although this was recently done, my car seems to run smoother. It was a pleasure dealing with John, his assistant Steve, and his wife Sandy. They were very accommodating and their customer service was simply outstanding. Something I would expect from, well, a Lexus Dealer...
Old 12-24-10, 02:46 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Best Service Advisor @ Lexus of Stevens Creek Service Department.

Hey CL:

Just wanted to share with all of you my contact at the Stevens Creek Service Ceneter. Awsome advisor, will check and note damage if necessary, will personally drive your car in, and if requested to your service on the flat alignment rack. He also tells and make sures the techs dont touch anything there not supposed too,

Below is the contact information for:

Lexus of Stevens Creek Service Department.

300 Martin Ave Santa Clara, CA 95050
(408) 330-3000
www.lexusstevenscreek.com

Give them a call and ask to speak with Todd Rebhan, he is a service advisor. Tell him that Josh with the Silver Lexus IS 350 referred you, ask him if he can set up an appointment for you to bring in your car for service, and if you can go over the car with him prior to the service appointment. Todd is a great guy, he will do a walk around to your car to make sure nothing is damaged, and he himself will personally drive your car into the service area. Also let him know that you want to do your service on the alighnment rack if you have an expensive body kit, and you do not want to risk cracking it on the other lifts. Todd will take care of you.

The best thing about lexus of stevens creek service department is that the alighnment rack is not raked in any direction, its a flat smooth drive on rack. There is also a large window in the waiting area, you can supervise the techs working on your car while your sitting back enjoying a free beverage. Out of all the service departments I have visited, stevens creek has been the best.

Hope this information is useful to you.

Regards,

Josh V.
Old 12-24-10, 04:59 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Whoa, they even have a glass waiting room to watch what they are doing?

Is that a women Lexus tech in the second pic?
Old 12-24-10, 05:36 PM
enrikito
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i like to visit different service departments from time to time (when i have the time to do it)

and i will agree with josh... stevens creek is my preferred service center too (when in norcal, longo when in socal)
Old 12-24-10, 10:58 PM
Aegee14
Rookie

I have to agree with Josh the OP, Todd at Stevens Creek Service has been my service advisor since the day I bought my IS from Stevens Creek Lexus. He always treats me and my car really well, taking care of any concerns I have.
Old 12-30-10, 01:13 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like to put the service adviser to the "test".

I tell them that I'm going to 10K intervals on Mobil 1 synthetic oil and see how they react (will they spew crap and try to upsell 5K intervals or will they be realistic like my SA at Fremont Lexus).
Old 12-30-10, 03:58 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

^ Not sure how knowledgeable the SAs are on oil, but its worth a shot right? Was just saying this guy will take care of you and your car, and make sure nothing will get cracked or broken. He will not let the techs drive the car and or touch anything there not supposed too if requested. You can see everything through the glass window in the waiting room. Best of all there drive up alignment rack makes it lower car friendly .
Old 12-30-10, 04:26 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^, Yes worth a shot (shows SA's basic knowledge of oil as well as the premium car competition mainly Mercedes/BMW/Porsche/Jag, instead of just spewing the usual sales pitch).

Good info on SA and shop, a good SA is worth coming back to. I like getting my parts there.
Old 12-30-10, 07:52 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JoshIS408 I love the rear of your IS.

I'm in need of a service dealership I can trust, SC definitely seems to be a good candidate.
Old 12-30-10, 08:20 PM
bweezy
Pole Position

thanks for the referral josh, i will give him a call the next time I need service.

Quick Reply: Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.