Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
Old 12-12-14, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-11, 11:19 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

Bump for wonderful service yet again. Got DRLS disabled and oil change.

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Hey CL:

Just wanted to share with all of you my contact at the Stevens Creek Service Ceneter. Awsome advisor, will check and note damage if necessary, will personally drive your car in, and if requested to your service on the flat alignment rack. He also tells and make sures the techs dont touch anything there not supposed too,

Below is the contact information for:

Lexus of Stevens Creek Service Department.

300 Martin Ave Santa Clara, CA 95050
(408) 330-3000
www.lexusstevenscreek.com

Give them a call and ask to speak with Todd Rebhan, he is a service advisor. Tell him that Josh with the Silver Lexus IS 350 referred you, ask him if he can set up an appointment for you to bring in your car for service, and if you can go over the car with him prior to the service appointment. Todd is a great guy, he will do a walk around to your car to make sure nothing is damaged, and he himself will personally drive your car into the service area. Also let him know that you want to do your service on the alighnment rack if you have an expensive body kit, and you do not want to risk cracking it on the other lifts. Todd will take care of you.

The best thing about lexus of stevens creek service department is that the alighnment rack is not raked in any direction, its a flat smooth drive on rack. There is also a large window in the waiting area, you can supervise the techs working on your car while your sitting back enjoying a free beverage. Out of all the service departments I have visited, stevens creek has been the best.

Hope this information is useful to you.

Regards,

Josh V.
Old 04-14-11, 11:23 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gs300ebony
[COLOR="Black"] I called Exact Motors & John seemed a bit pricey ..[/COLOR
Did you read my post to understand WHY Exact may cost more ???
Old 04-16-11, 09:34 AM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey lexus fam,, I got a 2003 Gs300 in San Francisco & im looking for a shop/mechanic to do a 90k timing belt+water pump package (tensioner,idler,pulleys,drive belt,cam seals) and was wondering if anyone tried Limitless Auto in San Bruno. I called em & Shane gave me an excellent price of $840 w. OEM parts & $400 for labor. I called Exact Motors & John seemed a bit pricey for &930 parts+labor for the same thing & $430 for labor. He also quoted $1300-$1500 for timing kit plus tune up..does any body have any input or another shops to consider not too far from San Fran? thanks in advance..[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Hi. The price we quote you $930 is parts/labor/tax included out the door for the timing belt & related parts service, not $930 parts +$430 labor.

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 04-19-11, 02:16 PM
dsp979
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, had the timing belt done at Exact in February. Thanks John and Sandy.
Old 04-25-11, 12:02 PM
gs300ebony
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxNine
Yup, had the timing belt done at Exact in February. Thanks John and Sandy.
how much did they quote u for tbelt and wpump maxnine?
Old 04-25-11, 02:54 PM
dsp979
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much did they quote u for tbelt and wpump maxnine?
I paid $930 for everything: t-belt, waterpump and labor.

Last edited by dsp979; 04-25-11 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-26-11, 01:20 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

there's also SpeedElement in Fremont:

https://www.facebook.com/SpeedElement
Old 04-26-11, 02:00 PM
tonynca
Driver

Avoid Speed Element.

They ****ed up my clutch install, blamed it on the clutch and never returned my clutch. I ended up buying another one and having them installing it (since I'm not going to pay for labor twice).

I tried calling them about 5 times to get the RMA# for the clutch return and they miraculously avoided giving it to me all 5 times. It's been 6+ months so I didn't even bother trying to get it from them then. The second clutch install went fine, so I'm just happy my car is running fine.
Old 04-26-11, 03:07 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Originally Posted by tonynca
Avoid Speed Element.

They ****ed up my clutch install, blamed it on the clutch and never returned my clutch. I ended up buying another one and having them installing it (since I'm not going to pay for labor twice).

I tried calling them about 5 times to get the RMA# for the clutch return and they miraculously avoided giving it to me all 5 times. It's been 6+ months so I didn't even bother trying to get it from them then. The second clutch install went fine, so I'm just happy my car is running fine.
Not that I am sticking up for SE, but you should give more description of the specific details of what happened. You state SE told you the clutch is bad, what specifically went wrong and what is it that you disagree with and why is it their fault?

Complaints such as this on the forum are ok to post , but to be fair, more details and substance will give readers a means to characterize your complaint and form their own opinion.

Also if you haven't read post # 1 of this thread I recommend EVERYONE to go back and review it.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-26-11 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-26-11, 04:41 PM
tonynca
Driver

Details:

I bought a centerforce clutch and fidanza flywheel. I had them install it for about $400. Once they installed it they barely even tested my car. I think they also adjusted the clutch pedal poorly. The clutch pedal was lower than the brake pedal with no play. I don't think they took the time to read the manual to properly adjust the pedal.

Back to what happened to my clutch. Basically the clutch pedal had earthquake vibrations. If they tested my car, they would've found this right away, but they returned the car to me in an imperfection condition. After driving around I noticed it right away and gave them a call the next day. They give me the talk about how if it's our fault we will pay for the clutch and install. If it's not our fault you have to pay install again. I thought that was fair since I did not buy the clutch and flywheel from them. So I accepted the consequences.

Once they dropped the tranny, I notice that the pressure fingers were bent (hence why I felt the pedal vibrations.) SE told me that centerforce stated that it was not their fault which meant that it it's probably SE's fault. I asked SE for the RMA# about 5 times. SE told me they would email me the RMA# like 5 times. I never got a single email! I called back almost every month and they just ignored my request. I wanted to get to the bottom of this by talking to Centerforce myself, but they wouldn't talk to me unless I had an RMA#.

I felt that SE messed up and they didn't want to deal with the clutch damages so they ignored my request for the RMA#. I think I'm entitled to the RMA# since the clutch does belong to me.

Last edited by tonynca; 04-26-11 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-26-11, 06:22 PM
yoshi8me
Driver School Candidate

Details:

I bought a centerforce clutch and fidanza flywheel. I had them install it for about $400. Once they installed it they barely even tested my car. I think they also adjusted the clutch pedal poorly. The clutch pedal was lower than the brake pedal with no play. I don't think they took the time to read the manual to properly adjust the pedal.

Back to what happened to my clutch. Basically the clutch pedal had earthquake vibrations. If they tested my car, they would've found this right away, but they returned the car to me in an imperfection condition. After driving around I noticed it right away and gave them a call the next day. They give me the talk about how if it's our fault we will pay for the clutch and install. If it's not our fault you have to pay install again. I thought that was fair since I did not buy the clutch and flywheel from them. So I accepted the consequences.

Once they dropped the tranny, I notice that the pressure fingers were bent (hence why I felt the pedal vibrations.) SE told me that centerforce stated that it was not their fault which meant that it it's probably SE's fault. I asked SE for the RMA# about 5 times. SE told me they would email me the RMA# like 5 times. I never got a single email! I called back almost every month and they just ignored my request. I wanted to get to the bottom of this by talking to Centerforce myself, but they wouldn't talk to me unless I had an RMA#.

I felt that SE messed up and they didn't want to deal with the clutch damages so they ignored my request for the RMA#. I think I'm entitled to the RMA# since the clutch does belong to me.
Hi tony,

First off our tech's test drive your vehicle before giving the keys and paying for the service. With that being said we don't need a whole day of test driving your vehicle to know that the clutch is in working condition. Some people will experience a new feel when driving a brand new clutch and may take time for the clutch to break in. After break in period you brought the car in stating you felt vibration within the clutch.

We agreed and stated that if it was our fault in any way then the labor service would be covered by us. (Uninstalling the transmission and Reinstall the transmission again).

After we pulled the transmission out we noticed that the pressure plate fin was bent. If anyone knows about pressure plate it is hard to bend a fin. In our opinion it felt like centerforce gave you a defective product. After a few weeks of contacting them numerous times. (We are not a direct dealer with centerforce / And do not offer centerforce clutches) We finally received the RMA number and gave you the RMA number.

-Ryan
Sales Manager
Old 04-26-11, 06:36 PM
tonynca
Driver

Ryan, if you could take a screenshot of the email you sent me. I will take all this back. I never got a single email from you guys or a callback. It was always me that called and emailed. I think that shows how much you care about your customers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I never got a response to that email or the email you guys promised to send me over the phone.

Btw, it's not uncommon to hear about bent pressure plate fingers due to improper installation. Do a google search on pressure plate fingers bent and you get a loads of results with how it may happen.

You guys told me Centerforce said that the clutch was not defective and this was due to improper installation. What would happen now? How come I never got a call to pick up my clutch? Does Centerforce keep all broken clutches their customers send back?

Last edited by tonynca; 04-26-11 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-27-11, 12:10 AM
yoshi8me
Driver School Candidate

I never got a response to that email or the email you guys promised to send me over the phone.
Your more then welcome to come by the shop or give us a call. I've spoke to you numerous times over the phone but like i've told you before. Devin doesn't get into the shop till about 11 or 12. And yet you have never called him back.

Btw, it's not uncommon to hear about bent pressure plate fingers due to improper installation. Do a google search on pressure plate fingers bent and you get a loads of results with how it may happen.

You guys told me Centerforce said that the clutch was not defective and this was due to improper installation. What would happen now? How come I never got a call to pick up my clutch? Does Centerforce keep all broken clutches their customers send back?
If it was improper installation on our end then the input shaft on the transmission would of hit the pressure plate causing the fin to be bent inward.

After pulling out the transmission we found the fin/finger being bent outward. How would it be possible that the fin on the pressure plate be bent outward from improper installation? Answer that question for me.

If it was our fault you would of seen scratch marks or damages on the fin/finger itself as well.

-Ryan

Last edited by yoshi8me; 04-27-11 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-27-11, 01:14 AM
tonynca
Driver

Originally Posted by yoshi8me
Your more then welcome to come by the shop or give us a call. I've spoke to you numerous times over the phone but like i've told you before. Devin doesn't get into the shop till about 11 or 12. And yet you have never called him back.

If it was improper installation on our end then the input shaft on the transmission would of hit the pressure plate causing the fin to be bent inward.

After pulling out the transmission we found the fin/finger being bent outward. How would it be possible that the fin on the pressure plate be bent outward from improper installation? Answer that question for me.

If it was our fault you would of seen scratch marks or damages on the fin/finger itself as well.

-Ryan
I think I had already called you enough. Is this getting to the point where I have to pull up my old phone bills and show you what time I called? I was able to reach you, and every time it was "oh they didn't respond yet." So I tried to take it upon myself to see what was wrong with the clutch. After calling and emailing with no response to the RMA# request I pretty much gave up. You guys made it way too hard and not worth it to chase.

I was not there for the installation so I cannot say how you installed the clutch but here are a couple google results showing that improper install may cause bent pressure plate fingers:

http://www.classictrucks.com/tech/08...late_bent.html

http://cf.linnbenton.edu/eit/auto/eh....cfm?pgID=4767

Manual transmission clutches are all fundamentally the same since the early ages of automotive. I believe the above could happen during any clutch installation.

I'm not going to post a bunch of pictures of bent pressure plate pics on this forum. Do a google image search and you will find plenty without any "scratch marks" or "imprints".

Let's just put it this way. When I brought my clutch to your shop, it was not bent. You must have done something to bend it. I already ruled out shipping damages because the clutch looked fine before I brought it to you. Centerforce does quality control tests for these things.

Anywho, I'm tired of arguing with you about this. I just find it funny that not once you guys would be willing to think "Hmmm, maybe we caused this." It's nice to blame everyone else but yourself huh? You still didn't answer my questions in my earlier post. You also failed to show me proof of you providing me with the RMA#. I sure as hell know you didn't call me over the phone to give it to me. So where's the proof?

Last edited by tonynca; 04-27-11 at 04:00 AM.
Old 05-17-11, 06:13 PM
windsuf
Driver School Candidate

The Garage, in SF

Quick Reply: Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.