Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Moving to Fremont, CA (NEED ADVICE!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-07 | 10:28 PM
Julez
Intermediate

get ready for traffic, probably nothing compared to LA or NY but the bay area's traffic is pretty bad imo
Old 04-14-07 | 12:42 AM
sleeper408

Originally Posted by Julez
get ready for traffic, probably nothing compared to LA or NY but the bay area's traffic is pretty bad imo
I'll agree. It has gotten real bad. This is what promtped the switch to my GS. I owned 5 manual cars in the past.
Old 04-18-07 | 04:40 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Cornellian
Does anyone live in Sunnyvale? How is it?
welcome to NorCal! Sunnyvale is a nice area, but you'll be commuting to Fremont and that's not such a short drive.

Try Livermore, Dublin, Pleasanton for apartments. it's just a quick 20 minute drive North on 680 from Fremont. It's much nicer then Union City, Hayward, San Leandro, San Lorenzo. Plus traffic on 880 blows.

I used to live in Fremont for over 8 years, Hayward 7+ years. Fremont is a nice quiet community, but it's boring as hell. Good thing is that it's close to Milpitas, San Jose and a short drive to SF. Just remember, that even though Fremont is a nice town, there are still parts of the town I wouldn't leave my nice shiny Lexus at.

For the amount you're paying and looking for in an apartment, I would either get a roommate or look for a room instead in a nice house. Like people have already mentioned, 1k for a 1bedroom is the norm near Fremont. renting a room goes from 500-900 on average depending on the housing, location, amenities, utilities, privledges included in the rent.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/roo/

Good luck on your search and keep us posted.

Last edited by Shoyuu; 04-18-07 at 05:02 PM. Reason: forgot the link