Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Damn, Got Keyed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-07 | 07:54 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Default Damn, Got Keyed!

I just got keyed today, its down to the metal, so will have to be repainted.
I searched for where others here have gone to, see lots of CL have recommended places in Concord, Milpitas, and Santa Clara. But I prefer the north peninsula, around SF to San Bruno.

Glen, I know you mentioned a private painter (who did the wifes, Solo's, and redgs4), but he probably doesn't deal w/ insurance work, right?

Some closer places mentioned are:
Intl A/B in San Bruno, anyone have any work done by them lately or any opinions?

D & D A/B in San Mateo, same thing, any recent work or opinions?

And Lexant, you mentioned in 2004 about 19th Ave A/B in SF (actually did use them once back in the early 1990's, wasn't perfect then), would you still go there now? Anyone else w/ any recent work there or opinions?
Attached Thumbnails Damn, Got Keyed!-141_4117.jpg  
Old 04-03-07 | 07:56 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Default Another pix

(hey how do you get more than one photo in one post)

Will / Ron,
You guys are in the same area as me, where would you take your car for painting?
Attached Thumbnails Damn, Got Keyed!-141_4119.jpg  
Old 04-03-07 | 08:01 PM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 100000

Why would someone do such an evil thing
Old 04-03-07 | 08:40 PM
Slinger
Pole Position

I have never figured out what the F-ING point of keying a car is all about???

LAME!
Old 04-03-07 | 09:24 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JyGS430
And Lexant, you mentioned in 2004 about 19th Ave A/B in SF (actually did use them once back in the early 1990's, wasn't perfect then), would you still go there now? Anyone else w/ any recent work there or opinions?
actually i go there for all my bodywork needs, interior or exterior. you say you had a bad experience with them in the early 90s?
was their shop like this back then? http://19thautobody.com/_wsn/page3.html

if not then, they went through a lot of changes since then. if yea, then i dont' know. as for their work now, as you know they did all the work on my car from the fenders, bodykit, emblem shave, rear fender pull/roll/cut, fixing my front end from previous owner, and repairing my vert bumper when some ahole can't park and cracked it. now that i think about it, they literally repainted every part to blend the paint except the roof.

if ur going to do insurance, they can deal with it all for you. also lemme know if u do plan on going so i can tell you who to go to and to let my guy know you're coming.

helps to be friends with the owner and the advisors.
Old 04-03-07 | 09:34 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mrurmil
Why would someone do such an evil thing

Well, I work in SSF and I don't know if you've heard the local news, but lots of cars in the downtown area (Grand Ave) have been keyed the past few weeks. This time it was at the City Hall parking lot of all places, and I wasn't the only one that got vandalized, an ML430, 530i, CL430, Maxima, Legend, MDX were also hit.
Old 04-03-07 | 09:38 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexAnt
actually i go there for all my bodywork needs, interior or exterior. you say you had a bad experience with them in the early 90s?
was their shop like this back then? http://19thautobody.com/_wsn/page3.html

if not then, they went through a lot of changes since then. if yea, then i dont' know. as for their work now, as you know they did all the work on my car from the fenders, bodykit, emblem shave, rear fender pull/roll/cut, fixing my front end from previous owner, and repairing my vert bumper when some ahole can't park and cracked it. now that i think about it, they literally repainted every part to blend the paint except the roof.

if ur going to do insurance, they can deal with it all for you. also lemme know if u do plan on going so i can tell you who to go to and to let my guy know you're coming.

helps to be friends with the owner and the advisors.
Lexant, I checked out the link, and for sure the office area did not look anything like that. Not too sure about the work area though. The small repair I had done there about 10+ years ago was fine, its just the overspray and overbuff in one area I didn't care for. I did know the owner back then, is it still Jay Lee?
Old 04-03-07 | 09:41 PM
sleeper408

They'll get theirs......
Old 04-03-07 | 10:13 PM
lexneffect
Pole Position

Wow.....that's a pretty wicked thing to do to someone's car? Did you make someone mad while driving.
Old 04-03-07 | 10:26 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JyGS430
Lexant, I checked out the link, and for sure the office area did not look anything like that. Not too sure about the work area though. The small repair I had done there about 10+ years ago was fine, its just the overspray and overbuff in one area I didn't care for. I did know the owner back then, is it still Jay Lee?
yea owner is still jay. i don't think they have a problem with overspray/overbuff because when i had my car in there for the fender work, i had my HRE's on and i was afraid of overspray, since i was doin front and rear fenders. but all came out good, no overspray.
Old 04-03-07 | 10:52 PM
acl15
Lead Lap

damn that hella sucks =/... let us know how it goes after you get it all fixed
Old 04-03-07 | 11:26 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 500000

Dang, sorry to hear James. I haven't had any work done myself, however my parents and ex bro in law got some work done at some shop in colma thats pretty good. Not sure if they're still around. Not sure of the name of the shop but I know where its at. Its past colma bart station heading north and make a left where the walgreens is. Across the street is a safeway or some supermarket. Its been a few years though, not sure if its same owner or not. Phil (adsmobile) does some work with an autobody shop i think and he's in san bruno.
Old 04-04-07 | 12:36 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

holy cow!! that's deep! i can almost hear the car screaming in pain. so sad.
Old 04-04-07 | 05:42 AM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

James
Sorry about your car bro. Dang that is evil of someone
Hope you get it all worked out, without any issues.
Old 04-04-07 | 07:46 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Wow...sorry to see that James. I hope you get it all worked out with Insurance. It sucks having your car vandalized in anyway...ive been there, so I feel your pain bro.

Quick Reply: Damn, Got Keyed!