Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

who went to vegas

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-07, 04:05 PM
aaronjz
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default who went to vegas

who went to the meet in vegas. does anyone have any pics?
Old 05-02-07, 04:26 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look in the Pacific and Southwest sub-forums.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=279357

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=279620
Old 05-03-07, 06:07 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

I have pics check here:

http://chrispoblete.com/gallery/vegas07
Old 05-03-07, 03:59 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pictures look great! But what else did you guys do? Where was dyno day, and how about track day? All I see is show and shine and the cruise.
Old 05-03-07, 04:39 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
The pictures look great! But what else did you guys do? Where was dyno day, and how about track day? All I see is show and shine and the cruise.
The ONLY way to offer a dyno day and a track day on top of a show day would be to make this a 3 to 4 day event such as what they do for Supras Invade Las Vegas.

With 50+ sign ups, there's no way organizers would commit to organizing activities for just that many people.

Also for a 1st time event, you need to get a feel for the participation. The larger the participation, the more that activities can be justified.

We may check our options to have a combined meet with Lexus owners and SLIV for next year. There were also discussions with a local dyno shop while I was there, so if we want to have a 2 day event, then a dyno day would be an option.

As far as what we did there, I will save that for thread post if I have time to put one together. We had several activities before and after the meet day. Many of us did not sleep until the wee hours of the morning. I can say that a lot of new friends were made, a few good connections for things like discounts on hotels, good food and a bunch of ideas of what we will want to do for next years meet to make it even bigger and better.

Overall I would say the meet was probably 25% of the whole enjoyment of the trip out of the 3 days that I was there. Most people who have never gone to these road trip events don't know that more than half the fun is making the trip down and back with other members, plus meeting with people for extra curricular activities outside of the meet itself.

The travel time goes Much Much faster when you go in caravans.

If people just come to attend the meet, walk around and then leave, they are limiting themselves from the entire experience and won't realize what else they are missing out on.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-03-07 at 04:49 PM.