Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Bay Area Drift/RallyX/Show - Motoring J Style July 28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-07 | 03:08 PM
MoJ Style
Driver School Candidate

Default Bay Area Drift/RallyX/Show - Motoring J Style July 28, 2007

Motoring J Style 2007
Northern California’s First Ever Japanese Car Festival
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Solano County Fairgrounds, Vallejo, CA.

NorCal’s first Japanese car show, Motoring J Style, is coming to the Solano County Fairgrounds (next to Six Flags in Vallejo) on July 28th. The main event is a JAPANESE CAR SHOW featuring old-school cars (pre-’85) with prizes to be awarded in dozens of categories.

We’ll also be holding an AMATEUR DRIFT COMPETITION put on by the Bay Area’s OG drift crew, BATTLE Swing. Not good enough for you? NASA’s Formula Rally-X series will also be hosting a RALLYCROSS on the grounds as well. In addition, we’ll have car club corrals, aftermarket vendors, manufacturer displays, great music, and food. We welcome everyone to come and be a part of the first-ever Motoring J Style – spectator tickets will be $15 at the door.

Interested in showing off your ride in our car show? Better get your application in soon! Go to www.motoringjstyle.com to download the registration forms. To encourage the participation of old-school rides, the car show costs only $30 to enter if your car is a 1985 or earlier model. This gets you 2 tickets to the show plus car show entry! Got a newer car to show? No problem – it costs $40 to enter your 1986-1998 car, and $50 for cars built after 1998.

If you’re a member of a car club and your club would like to attend as a group, there are special discount ticket opportunities for you as well. Send an e-mail to info@motoringjstyle.com and we’ll take care of you.

Bring your car and enjoy music and food in the company of friends and family. Support the Japanese car hobby!

For more info: www.motoringjstyle.com

Questions? E-mail us at info@motoringjstyle.com or call us up at 415.479.9930. We hope to see you there!

TELL YOUR FRIENDS WITH INTERESTING CARS!!!

David Swig
Director, Motoring J Style 2007
Old 05-10-07 | 03:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by MoJ Style
If you’re a member of a car club and your club would like to attend as a group, there are special discount ticket opportunities for you as well. Send an e-mail to info@motoringjstyle.com and we’ll take care of you.
David, you are posting on a car club website. Please share the discount code with our members here without having them send an email to ask.

You joined to promote your show here without being an approved CL vendor or asking permission first, how about demonstrating you want our members to attend with a published discount code so they know the cost, etc?

Thank you
Old 05-10-07 | 07:05 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Wow.. I am glad to see J car groups are growing in NorCal.
Notice that you used "Northern California’s First Ever Japanese Car Festival"... I don't think that is true, but maybe the to your org.

I will drop by just to browse! Any coupon code?
Old 05-10-07 | 08:23 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

For once it's nice to have a "98" GS.

I'll think about going to this one, but the IS will probably stay home, UNLESS I get some type of discount for bringing 2 cars ???

Old 05-10-07 | 10:17 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
For once it's nice to have a "98" GS.

I'll think about going to this one, but the IS will probably stay home, UNLESS I get some type of discount for bringing 2 cars ???

I am not the only one looking for a discount.
Also, I don't understand why setup difference park-in fees depending on production year. I respect to people who love their cars regardless their age, and their cars.
Old 05-11-07 | 03:41 PM
MoJ Style
Driver School Candidate

Default re: questions

DaveGS4:

There is no "discount code", so to speak. For Club Lexus members interested in entering the show, please go to our online registration form (http://www.motoringjstyle.com/regform.html). Select the $40 option for 1986-1998 cars and make sure to include the fact that you're with Club Lexus. We'll make sure your members get to park together. Entrants in the show get commemorative dash plaques, Motoring J Style license plate frames, and the chance to win awards in your respective category.

In addition to the show, we'll have some club corral parking (unjudged, no dash plaques, just club parking) outside the show. This is $20/car but needs to be pre-arranged by someone with your club.

I'm sorry that we're not an "approved vendor", then again I'm not here schlepping sheepskin seatcovers or discount auto insurance. I'm trying to spread the word about a great new event in Northern California that I really think Club Lexus members will want to attend and enjoy.

The pricing structure is tiered so that we can ensure a good variety of both older and newer cars. Most car shows tend to be over-populated with contemporary cars, but this show is supposed to highlight the entire spectrum of Japanese automotive heritage.

I hope all of you guys will attend and I look forward to seeing an impressive Club Lexus turnout!

-David Swig
Old 05-11-07 | 04:53 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

If you’re a member of a car club and your club would like to attend as a group, there are special discount ticket opportunities for you as well. Send an e-mail to [email
info@motoringjstyle.com[/email] and we’ll take care of you.
IF you say you dont have any discount code / whatsoever, then the statement is INCORRECT ???? And why do you put that in the original post then ??????

Just wondering.......
Old 05-14-07 | 02:01 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Youve got mail!

Im going to try and get the guys from FREEMODE DRIFT CLUB to come out to this event. I cant wait.
Old 05-15-07 | 02:11 AM
dsp979
Lead Lap

Just the kind of event i'm into . . . Old School Japanese Cars . . . yeah!

It might be time to dust off the original window sticker of my *not so old* 1989 S13 hatch!
Old 05-15-07 | 12:23 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Coo thanks for the update !! If RMM gs4 is there Then I wouldnt expect to place.... hahah

Glens car is awesome and Now it will be in my area ? Nice.. hope to get the rest of my mods on by then
Old 05-16-07 | 10:24 AM
MoJ Style
Driver School Candidate

JspecSC3,

If you are contacting the Freemode Drift Club to participate in the event, we would love to have all of you. I am not sure if you sent us an email or not, as we supect we might be having some email problems on our end. In any case, I will be monitoring this forum so feel free to ask any questions here or send them to info@motoringjstyle.com

Thanks!

Howard Swig

Motoring J Style
Old 05-16-07 | 01:36 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

JspecSC3,

If you are contacting the Freemode Drift Club to participate in the event, we would love to have all of you. I am not sure if you sent us an email or not, as we supect we might be having some email problems on our end. In any case, I will be monitoring this forum so feel free to ask any questions here or send them to info@motoringjstyle.com

Thanks!

Howard Swig

Motoring J Style
MoJ Style,

I just got off the phone with a couple guys from Freemode Drift Club. They said they are up for the event and will be more than happy to take part in it. They are going to be preparing for it in the mean time. Anyway I'll shoot you an email and you can give me more details on what we have to do. Youve got mail. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHBqseGriws