Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Sacramento Area Lexus Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-07, 04:21 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I like that idea too, I just dont like that there are so many people there all the time.
Old 06-27-07, 06:28 PM
mt1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the first meet should be at an In-n-out or pizza place.

I also want to race carts indoors and see what my 350 can do in the 1/4 mile at the raceway (wednesday nights, $7 admission, $15 race). I have never experienced either form of racing and both seem like perfect 2nd and 3rd meets. I also like the idea of a drive through curvy roads of the foothills.

I think maybe we should do monthly 'casual' meets where we can plan other activities that require more of a time or financial commitment.
Old 06-27-07, 07:24 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JspKSoarer
i say we go to sacramento raceway.
Yeahhh its the season for some racing. Lets do Sac raceway or maybe even some autocrossing at Mather Field.
Old 06-27-07, 10:06 PM
Slinger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mt1
I think the first meet should be at an In-n-out or pizza place.

I also want to race carts indoors and see what my 350 can do in the 1/4 mile at the raceway (wednesday nights, $7 admission, $15 race). I have never experienced either form of racing and both seem like perfect 2nd and 3rd meets. I also like the idea of a drive through curvy roads of the foothills.

I think maybe we should do monthly 'casual' meets where we can plan other activities that require more of a time or financial commitment.
This has been my idea all along. Small Monthly Casual meets, mostly social stuff. Then every 2-3 months we can have a bigger more exciting meet with a bigger budget. I don't want to go to a race track the first time out the gates and scare off all the non-race types right away. We are trying to grow, not shrink

I just got back from LA and my plate is SUPER full. I will post more within the next few days. Be on the look out
Old 06-28-07, 01:32 AM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

anybody know any good picture taking locations?

we should just have lunch and a photoshoot...simple things like that, should only last like 3 hours if ur a busy bee

ALSO! if anybody is in need of a camber kit for their SC check out my classified post, i got both front and rear daizens brand new for sale
Old 06-28-07, 03:08 AM
Slinger
Pole Position

I think there are some nifty spots in Rancho Cordova and also West Sac that my friend visits with the Camero club he is in. Great Idea!!!
Old 06-29-07, 02:22 AM
MiNi_ViPeR
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys! My wife & I just picked up our new GS400 on Wed, (2000, pearl white, GS400) and on the way back (on 80, between Arco Arena, and the split) I saw a GS400 in pearl white also. It had HID's, spoiler, yellow fogs, tinted windows, and a body kit.... Just wondering if it was anybody on here? It looked like a very clean ride!

Oh yeah, and to keep this on topic.... Hey guys! Just bought a GS 400. I'm down for meeting up local too!
Old 06-29-07, 08:51 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

^^^^^ Nice! Theres another on the list!
Old 06-30-07, 03:19 PM
JspKSoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Slinger
This has been my idea all along. Small Monthly Casual meets, mostly social stuff. Then every 2-3 months we can have a bigger more exciting meet with a bigger budget. I don't want to go to a race track the first time out the gates and scare off all the non-race types right away. We are trying to grow, not shrink

I just got back from LA and my plate is SUPER full. I will post more within the next few days. Be on the look out

i still think sacramento raceway is a good idea.. i mean whats there to be scared about ? theres nothing to be scared about, i used to go every week day..its all just fun racing down the track to see what track times you can get..
Old 06-30-07, 05:15 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Slinger
I don't want to go to a race track the first time out the gates and scare off all the non-race types right away. We are trying to grow, not shrink
Thats why we are brainstorming here. One of the first CL meets I have ever attended way back like 3-4 years ago took place at a race track. Thats what had gotten me so hooked to the Northern Cal Lexus club. That made me think that if these guys are cool enough to do something like this then thats is where I want to be.

Lets throw out some more ideas and lets all agree on them as a group.
Old 06-30-07, 05:16 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MiNi_ViPeR
Hey guys! My wife & I just picked up our new GS400 on Wed, (2000, pearl white, GS400) and on the way back (on 80, between Arco Arena, and the split) I saw a GS400 in pearl white also. It had HID's, spoiler, yellow fogs, tinted windows, and a body kit.... Just wondering if it was anybody on here? It looked like a very clean ride!
You might want to take a look in the "Spotted" sticky in the Northern California Region.
Old 07-03-07, 02:02 PM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

still no plans? LOL

hey Roger, any word on my center cap? it looks so damn uglyyyy
Old 07-03-07, 06:24 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up Sacramento Dinner Meet & Greet

Originally Posted by DZLEXIK
still no plans? LOL

hey Roger, any word on my center cap? it looks so damn uglyyyy
I'll check up on it tomorrow for you.

Also! New meet idea.

Since most of us dont know each other over here in the Sacramento area, I think it would perfect for us to just have a simple "Meet & Greet" dinner at one of the great restaurants in Roseville near the Galleria. It would be great because it would give us all a chance to get to know who everyone is, share ideas, tell someone who you are, etc. I rarely bring my car out to meets anymore but for this one I will. Also, I was thinking maybe we can choose a section of the parking lot which is the most emptiest and have everyone park there for a couple group pictures. Non Sacramento members are welcome also. To all members interested please post up.
Old 07-03-07, 07:05 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, 5 minutes from my house. Let's do BJ's
Old 07-03-07, 09:39 PM
Slinger
Pole Position

Perfect idea guys. I was planning on that as the first meet anyway. Just had some real life stuff happen and have yet to have time to post things up.

Sounds great though

Quick Reply: Sacramento Area Lexus Owners!