Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Sacramento Area Lexus Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-07, 12:30 AM
Slinger
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks DZLEXIK

I'm glad I didnt miss too much. I hate that I work half the weekend. I usually end up missing some pretty good stuff

I hope some of you guys are interested and willing to make it to the B.O.S. (Beginning of Summer) Meet. You can pre-register for $10 here on the site and it's June 23rd.

I am planning on going, so you get the chance to see some awesome rides and we could meet B4 our first meet in July
Old 06-03-07, 10:33 AM
Nuster
Driver

I've been very busy lately. Can't keep up with the threat. Anyway, was the June 2nd (yesterday) mini-meet ever happened?

I can't make it to BOS meeting cuz I'm scheduled to be at Southern CA.

Please keep me posted.
Old 06-04-07, 08:02 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

I couldn't make it on Saturday. I had a family committment. I'm also going to miss the BOS meet because I have a bachelor party in the bay to go to that weekend.
Old 06-04-07, 09:28 AM
Slinger
Pole Position

Because of BOS we are looking at our first local meet for July. So far the only vote is to meet up and race go-karts.

No one else has yet to voice an opinion. We could do something as simple as meet someplace for dinner. Let me know guys...

Lets get it done
Old 06-04-07, 10:37 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha, racing go karts would be fun! When we get everyone actually together and get a bit more organized we can do a bbq at a park or something. Logos are getting finished up. God damn Surewest DSL has crapped out on me again, so I have had no internet at home since Thursday. Ordered a Cable modem from newegg.com and as soon as that comes I will be switching back to cable. Anyway, so far there are four logo ideas. I will create a thread with a poll so we can vote and request changes, or maybe Ill just post them here. Whatever, these will be just a place to start. We can alter them or change them based on suggestions.
Old 06-04-07, 02:34 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Okay guys, here is what we have to start off with. Remember, this is just a starting point for the logo creation (unless you guys see something you really like here). Suggestions and ideas, comments and criticism is all welcome. We are all going to be sporting a sac Lexus sticker so we should all like the way it looks. Hit me up here or PM (preferably here so we can all discuss things).
Attached Thumbnails Sacramento Area Lexus Owners!-sac-lexus-logos.jpg  
Old 06-04-07, 03:20 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like C, but I think sacto(L)exus would be better than capital, it would be more definitive. if you were to drive to another state, they wouldn't know which capital, except for the plates of course. but if you're at a show, many times you take the plates off as not to disrupt the color and flow.
Old 06-04-07, 03:36 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the fact you making logos in that format !

But the Sacto part Hmmm Finding out how to get the name perfect will be more commenting on ...
Old 06-04-07, 05:12 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

capital lexus sounded like the dealer?
isnt that right CL stopped the sticker cos of the (L) logo copyright stuff?
Old 06-04-07, 05:41 PM
Slinger
Pole Position

ben_r

Thanks a million for all the hard work, time, effort, and energy put into this so far!!!

Bad news though... we can't use the Lexus Logo. That is why This site changed the logo and doesnt issue stickers anymore.

My personal opinion on the logo samples:

I like the Sacramento name better I think
But I like the 2nd Capital design with the lines above and below it. It looks SO CLEAN!!!

If you want, send me a PM. Let's exchange emails and try to hammer something out between us
Old 06-04-07, 06:01 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Hmmmm.... Well i ddint know that was the reason CL stopped doing their stickers. That really sucks. So let me ask this then... For option D would that still be considered copyright infringement even though its not their complete logo and only half of it? And what if we went with D but changed it a bit, say take out the break in the half oval around the L (so it looks less like the Lexus logo) and on top of that change the font that LEXUS is written in to the font that CAPITAL is written in so that part isnt Lexus' either. What are your guys' thoughts on that?

Going off the other suggestions: Should we try one that That reads "SacramentoLexus", or "SacToLexus"?
Old 06-04-07, 06:13 PM
Slinger
Pole Position

Or maybe...

D with the Lexus in the same font as the Capital and maybe just the L without the circle ??

Just tossin ideas out there.
Old 06-04-07, 07:19 PM
bodylines1
Driver School Candidate

id go for 916 in stead of sacto so everyone can rep there area codes can be like 415 lexus....512 lexus and so on... lexusacto sounds funnie if said 3 times fast.....
Old 06-04-07, 07:47 PM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

if its okay to do...i think we should make a design exactly like the CL logo up top...just where it says "a lexus owners club" replace that with "Sacramento" or any other city where u are from

since..

1. we are memeber of club lexus
2. itll show where we are located and what town we rep
3. all we have to do is change the city in the logo and everybody will be satisfied

Old 06-04-07, 07:52 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DZLEXIK
if its okay to do...i think we should make a design exactly like the CL logo up top...just where it says "a lexus owners club" replace that with "Sacramento" or any other city where u are from

since..

1. we are memeber of club lexus
2. itll show where we are located and what town we rep
3. all we have to do is change the city in the logo and everybody will be satisfied

Yea but thats a pretty big vinyl sticker for your back window dont you think? Keep in mind that we kinda want to keep these small and in a shape that willfit onside windows, rear windows, maybe windsheilds... you just never know where.

Quick Reply: Sacramento Area Lexus Owners!