Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

would like to hear some IS350 exhausts in person

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-07, 12:41 AM
PMok
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I guess everyone turned out to be just me and David ... no worries, I got the whole experience recorded for you guys that missed it!

Thanks again David for coming out and letting me hear the Tanabe exhaust (along with your K&N Intake). Like I said it sounds great when you get on the throttle but retains the unobnoxious attributes of the stock sound when you are just cruising around, which in my mind is a good thing.

earlier in the day I had the chance to test drive both a 335i coupe and an IS350 with Lexus-HKS exhaust at the local dealership. Both sounded good but for much less money I can get similar if not same sound from the Tanabe exhaust.

without further ado, here are the video/sound clips -- let me know if they don't work for some reason:

parked

in-car driving around

accel toward camera and pass

pass and accel away from camera
Old 05-25-07, 07:28 AM
nabisco
Lead Lap

Sorry I couldn't make it but had work issue's come up. The accel toward camera was all intake noise.
Old 05-25-07, 08:14 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

nice meeting you pmok- hopeuflly you can make a decison soon =) looking forward to seeing what you will get =)

but yea.. i think my intake drowns out the exhaust.

thanks for taking videos too =)

Last edited by imaputz; 05-25-07 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-25-07, 11:58 AM
PMok
Lead Lap

yeah I think I am pretty sold on the Tanabe exhaust. I called Exact and they have one in stock for me and I will probably get it installed there next week.

My personal preference on all my cars so far is more exhaust and less intake noise. This was on 4-cyl cars though and David your car sounds really nice with the intake and exhaust combo -- like I was telling the Lexus dealership yesterday the only issue I have with the IS350 is it's too quiet -- both the 335i and G35 have nicer sounding (sporty yet not obnoxious) exhausts from the factory. But I will add the exhaust first, and then decide if I want the intake as well. Thanks, hope to see some of you on Sunday at Premier!
Old 05-25-07, 08:17 PM
Pivo154
Lead Lap

Was that mostly intake we were hearing in the vids? Kinda hard to tell since the SRI kicks in around 4k & up.....But Ive heard tanabe with JoeZ sounds good without SRI...
Old 06-07-07, 06:38 PM
PMok
Lead Lap

hey guys just wanted to follow up with this thread and let you know how I made out ... I ended up getting the Tanabe exhaust on my IS350 through josephdoc and just had it installed today at his shop ... they did a very nice job and were quick as well, I went there for my lunch break and just while I was hanging out chatting with Joseph about cars and mods his crew finished the swap before I knew it. Big thanks to Joseph for your help! All you Bay Area guys, he is a great resource for parts and installs (and of course wheels and tires!).

The exhaust looks sexy as hell and sounds great, I am very pleased. The first thing Joseph said to me after it was installed was, "Are you married? Cuz you could get in the car right now and pick up some girls." Cracked me up, LOL.