Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Does anyone have a fender roller? - Sacramento Area

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-07, 08:00 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does anyone have a fender roller? - Sacramento Area

Im looking for someone that might want to let me borrow their fender roller. I want to go lower with wider wheels in the future and I know I will have to take care of this little problem. My brother's SC also needs it also. We are getting about a millimeter clearance in the rear with 275/40/17. Thanks!

Old 06-22-07, 01:31 AM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need it also hahaha im running 275's outback and its rubbing a lil bit
Old 06-22-07, 01:58 AM
Slinger
Pole Position

I've got that eastwood one and heat gun.

Lemme know if you guys wanna get together one weekend or something. Roll fenders and have a few beers? Beers AFTER fender rolling of course
Old 06-22-07, 02:52 AM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

beers after? awww wheres the fun in that hahaha..yeah that sounds cool if we did get together and rolled all our fenders at one time, it would be a good learning experience lol
Old 06-22-07, 04:59 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

After 5+ years of research in fender clearances and replying to this type of question, I will again recommend shaving fenders, if you require anything more than just a slight lip clearance.

Do a search in the GS section on shaving. There are also discussions on the pluses and minuses of rolling vs shaving. All the questions about cracking paint, rust, weakening have been addressed.

So do a search or if you want the real low down, come see me at the BOS meet tomorrow and I'll tell you everything you wanna know.

My car has 295 tires on 20 x 11 rims, my tires are FLUSH with the body and I have ZERO RUBBING NO MATTER WHAT DROP. For a big surprise come by my car and feel the inside of my rear fender and you will see shaving taken to the xtreeme.

LAST NOTE: Exact Motorsports performs shaving and those who Pre-Registered for BOS will get a 20% discount coupon on labor.

Old 06-22-07, 05:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

yup i have seen the fender work, it's amazing. i couldn't come "close"

but also keep in mind this is stock wheel overall diameter. you get overspec tires, you WILL rub if you drop it enough
Old 06-22-07, 07:04 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
After 5+ years of research in fender clearances and replying to this type of question, I will again recommend shaving fenders, if you require anything more than just a slight lip clearance.

Do a search in the GS section on shaving. There are also discussions on the pluses and minuses of rolling vs shaving. All the questions about cracking paint, rust, weakening have been addressed.

So do a search or if you want the real low down, come see me at the BOS meet tomorrow and I'll tell you everything you wanna know.

My car has 295 tires on 20 x 11 rims, my tires are FLUSH with the body and I have ZERO RUBBING NO MATTER WHAT DROP. For a big surprise come by my car and feel the inside of my rear fender and you will see shaving taken to the xtreeme.

LAST NOTE: Exact Motorsports performs shaving and those who Pre-Registered for BOS will get a 20% discount coupon on labor.

Hey Glen. If I actually do get to make it out there I will definetly stop by and take a look at your work. The reason why I want my fenders rolled is because I want to go with a wider wheel and a rediculous offset. Im also debating on wether or not to go with an airbag setup also. Im just trying to be low and wide. But also have that nice handling for when it comes to taking some nice turns at the autocross or something. Anyway thanks for your great piece of information. You're an inspiration to us all!
Old 06-22-07, 07:08 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Slinger
I've got that eastwood one and heat gun.

Lemme know if you guys wanna get together one weekend or something. Roll fenders and have a few beers? Beers AFTER fender rolling of course
Is that the one with the orange roller and the blue metal? If so lets do get together sometime on a weekend and get this done. I know my car isnt show worthy right now but I'll make the one hour trip out there to get it done. Maybe we can do this next weekend if you guys are free. My little brother (JSPKSOARER) and I will stop.