Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Is this too late to register for BOS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-07, 07:17 AM
gobears
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this too late to register for BOS?

I know I passed the deadline for pre-registration. Can I just showed up?
I can't find the offical info for the BOS meet?
Old 06-22-07, 08:21 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

http://bayareamatrix.com/bos3.htm

you can registered until today 6/22

If you have any questions please feel free to PM kokonutjc or email Jeff at kokonutjc@yahoo.com.
Old 06-22-07, 10:36 AM
PMok
Lead Lap

I'm just going to show up and park outside, be a spectator.

I thought I wasn't going to make it but now I can, but now that it's late registration you don't get anything for the $15 except the right to park inside? No t-shirt, no chance to win prizes or the car show etc, no coupons. Not worth it IMHO. Still, looking forward to seeing all the cool cars inside!
Old 06-22-07, 01:19 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PMok
I'm just going to show up and park outside, be a spectator.

I thought I wasn't going to make it but now I can, but now that it's late registration you don't get anything for the $15 except the right to park inside? No t-shirt, no chance to win prizes or the car show etc, no coupons. Not worth it IMHO. Still, looking forward to seeing all the cool cars inside!
Ahh yes a tough predicament indeed.

For those wondering why the meet registration works this way here's an FYI for people who are curious:

1.They need to know what size T-Shirts to be ordered and the order needs to be placed roughly 2 weeks in advance.

2. Awards are dependent on the number of entrants for a specific category. Trophies/plaques need to be ordered ONLY if there are actually enough entrants for the category. Example: 5 Scions showing up without notice, leaves no opportunity to order awards.

3. Most people do not have an idea as to the effort and manpower needed to pull off a successful event. ALL of the meets that LGWNorCal sponsors require hours of volunteer work and NONE of these events are done for profit.

The most Critical factor for all meets is Headcount and the more in advance we know the final head count the better we can plan for food, parking spaces, etc. The coupons offered are another incentive to reward those who have pre-registered. We Encourage participation, but at the same time we do ask for your consideration to pre-register as it is in everyones best interest.

General Advice:

1. Those seeking to compete in the show need to commit to pre-register, this is no different an expectation than any other car show HIN, DUB, etc.

2. Those that are not sure if they can make it but did pre-register are still entitled to get their Tees and discount coupons. Even if you don't make it, the value of the Tee's and coupons is worth well over the $15. Example: A 90k or similar service using the coupon from Exact could save you around $200.

3. The Larger LGWNorCal Sponsored meets such as BOS and EOS will REQUIRE you to pre-register. Looking back at our 5 year history of EOS and you will see that the turn out has often EXCEEDED the space available and in some cases we WILL NOT allow people to enter who did not pre-register. It is in your best interest to pre-register for the bigger events.

4. Check out the Meet Events Thread, as all the major and several smaller meets have the dates posted several MONTHS in advance. You should have adequate time to arrange time off if you need to.

5. For ALL LGWNorCal sponsored events, we make every effort to select meet dates that will not conflict with other major local events (Races, other meets/shows) or holidays, graduation dates, etc. Unfortunately not everyone can be accomodated. So again, please check the meet event calendar for updates and plan accordingly.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 06-22-07 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-22-07, 03:40 PM
PMok
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Ahh yes a tough predicament indeed.

3. Most people do not have an idea as to the effort and manpower needed to pull off a successful event. ALL of the meets that LGWNorCal sponsors require hours of volunteer work and NONE of these events are done for profit.
Well said, and I certainly don't mean any disrespect to the volunteers that are working hard to put this meet together. When I said it wasn't worth it to send in my $15 this late and only get to park, that was only a selfish comment about my own personal situation in that I thought I couldn't go, forewent the registration, and now find myself freed up to go. I will still go and look forward to enjoying this meet, if last year's EOS that I attended was any indication, this should be pretty spectacular.
Old 06-22-07, 04:26 PM
Kreuzer
Pole Position

I look forward to meeting you all there. I cannot wait.. Lots of work like Glen said. Im going to have a booth and only on about a months notice on my end. I was up to 4 am packing items up to bring BASED on the pre-registration. Hope all goes well tomorrow, ready to see some bad *** cars.

D
Old 06-22-07, 04:43 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PMok
Well said, and I certainly don't mean any disrespect to the volunteers that are working hard to put this meet together. When I said it wasn't worth it to send in my $15 this late and only get to park, that was only a selfish comment about my own personal situation in that I thought I couldn't go, forewent the registration, and now find myself freed up to go. I will still go and look forward to enjoying this meet, if last year's EOS that I attended was any indication, this should be pretty spectacular.
No prob on my side. I was going to comment that if the items I mentioned are not affecting you then yes, spectating is free and it wouldn't be worth much for you to pay the $15 in your case.

Your point is still one that I know others may be thinking as well, so I thought it was a good opportunity to make my comments.

Stop by and say hi. Hopefully we'll have name badges to ID each other but if not, I'll be at the registration line to greet entrants, plus I'll be wearing Toyota F1 racing garb so I should be pretty easy to identify in the crowd.