Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

custom engine cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-07, 05:25 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default custom engine cover

hey guys. i was wondering if anybody can tell me where they or you guys get your custom engine cover done at? thanks.
Old 06-24-07, 07:24 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bloo1987
hey guys. i was wondering if anybody can tell me where they or you guys get your custom engine cover done at? thanks.
Just start visiting a few of the local body shops in your area. Ask them what they would charge you and go from there. It would be good to have a design idea before you go there though. Unless you just want to paint it body color like mine.

Or you could get creative like we did with my wifes car.

Good luck with your engine cover and post some pics when you get it all done up.
-will
Old 06-24-07, 07:52 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

I wish they made engine covers for the SC. Maybe I can get the IS300's cover to fit my car somehow.
Old 06-24-07, 08:24 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Hey Will. Thanks for the info. and you have some nice rides with the show too. I was wondering how much did you get yours done for? Thanks.
Old 06-24-07, 08:38 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He paid me and I painted it ! aha just kidding ...

I also will be doing something soon ... unless I can get a Cf one for a Great price
Old 06-24-07, 09:07 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good, both cars are looking really good.
Old 07-06-07, 05:53 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

SO! i made this thread not too long ago about engine covers and to get some ideas and what not. seems like only Will gave me some ideas.

i had my engine cover painted my 4 colors. frame is a grey color to kind of match my bottom half of my car, panels to match the top part of the car, and the lettering on the cover were just different colors. i had it painted this way so it will stay in the same family of colors.

while i was doing this i had him paint the word Lexus on my front bumper. got this idea from flipside909 in his sig. sorry about stealing the idea.

i didnt want it to stand out too much, but i wanted it darker than the top part of my car and lighter than the bottom half of the car. yes i was kind of picky

dont worry i will have those holes covered next this tues. when he took the tape off my bumper some of the paint came off so i have to bring it back anyways to get the whole bumper repainted and the lettering done again. let me know what you guys think.

Done by Matt at Grafik Air in Santa Rosa.
Old 07-06-07, 07:35 PM
kokonutjc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bloo1987
SO! i made this thread not too long ago about engine covers and to get some ideas and what not. seems like only Will gave me some ideas.

i had my engine cover painted my 4 colors. frame is a grey color to kind of match my bottom half of my car, panels to match the top part of the car, and the lettering on the cover were just different colors. i had it painted this way so it will stay in the same family of colors.

while i was doing this i had him paint the word Lexus on my front bumper. got this idea from flipside909 in his sig. sorry about stealing the idea.

i didnt want it to stand out too much, but i wanted it darker than the top part of my car and lighter than the bottom half of the car. yes i was kind of picky

dont worry i will have those holes covered next this tues. when he took the tape off my bumper some of the paint came off so i have to bring it back anyways to get the whole bumper repainted and the lettering done again. let me know what you guys think.

Done by Matt at Grafik Air in Santa Rosa.

Looks nice bloo...Matt told me about your car, it looks awesome ! !

He also did my entire paint job on my car (Shameless plug )
Old 07-08-07, 12:20 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kokonutjc
Looks nice bloo...Matt told me about your car, it looks awesome ! !

He also did my entire paint job on my car (Shameless plug )
Thanks for the comment. He is also redoing my bumper this tues because when he ripped the tape off my paint came off for some reason. Dont know why.

You also have a nice car done by him. I like the color contrast of it.
Old 07-08-07, 04:42 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

kokonut: The engine cover is really nice and almost OEM looking.