Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Northern CA Dealer Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-07, 09:34 PM
StevenC56
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Northern CA Dealer Information

I'm looking for some info please. We found out today that our local dealer has been being less than honest with us about ordering our car. They either can't get one like we want or they are just screwing with us. Anyway, 2+ weeks ago we asked them to order a GFM GS350 with ash interior and ML package and XM. They don't have one on the way and we are heading to San Francisco Saturday for a couple days. It's our 30th anniversary. We were thinking about dropping into a couple dealerships on the way. Any recommendations?
Old 07-12-07, 10:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am directing this thread to norcal forum, more responses here
Old 07-12-07, 10:10 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Not sure where you are from, so i dont know what dealership you went to. But we, at Magnussen Lexus of Fremont, have a pretty good selection of cars.. worth a shot to drop in.
Old 07-12-07, 10:54 PM
StevenC56
Driver

Originally Posted by RTGS400
Not sure where you are from, so i dont know what dealership you went to. But we, at Magnussen Lexus of Fremont, have a pretty good selection of cars.. worth a shot to drop in.
We're from Fresno. We'll be traveling to San Francisco this Saturday.
Old 07-13-07, 09:44 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mag Fremont is where I bought my Lex. Pretty good service, broad selection of cars and willing to help the customer's needs.

I've had nothin' but positive experiences there even when I bring my baby in for warranty service.

If you want something and the seller can't get it for you but you know it's available somewhere out there, start walking to another location. don't waste your time and energy when they're jerking your arm and leg and making you wait and wait.

But do call ahead and double-check cause you don't want to waste 2-3 hours of driving for nothing.

You are the customer and the seller will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy.

Last edited by martini3; 07-13-07 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-13-07, 01:18 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

i got mine @concord through carsdirect....
Old 07-13-07, 03:07 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my family recently picked up a LS460 and a GS350 from Lexus of Pleasanton...great service and pretty good selection. Like others have said, call ahead to save time and money. good luck!
Old 07-13-07, 08:26 PM
acl15
Lead Lap

if you take 5n, 152w, 101n/85n, you could pass through stevens creek lexus in san jose, then take 880n to get to magnussen's lexus in fremont. I would check out stevens creek for sure because they have the largest selection in norcal (I've heard). I got my car from there and was very pleased with the process. Calling ahead of time wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Old 07-13-07, 09:48 PM
StevenC56
Driver

Talking Thanks

Thanks for all the input. I spent quite a bit of time last night emailing every dealer in CA. We have found 4 cars like we want in Northern CA. Monterey, Stevens Creek, Fremont, and Concord are telling us they have one. We are leaving in the morning and we'll see what happens.

P.S. Our Local dealer is telling us that they still have one on the way. They are telling us Lexus messed up our order. We are having a hard time believing anything they say at this point. Shame this happens so often in the car buying world.
Old 07-13-07, 09:50 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Good luck with your purchase!
Old 07-14-07, 02:45 AM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

GL with your purchase and remember to post up some photos afterwards.
Old 07-14-07, 04:13 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

GL with the purchase. I have heard mixed things about Stevens Creek lexus, especially the service department. I bought my LS from there way back in the day, so I can't speak much about either. Have only heard positive things about Magnussen, but Stevens Creek is HUGE.
Old 07-14-07, 07:59 AM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Good luck w/ the purchase. Stevens Creek was where I got my 01 GS430 (CPO). Customer service (including follow up) was very good for me there. When I purchased the car, it was after a big rain, and the cars on the lot were not all washed yet. While doing the paperwork, they had the car washed and detailed. It wasn't until then that I noticed quite a few dings and a gouge on the plastic trim part on the door (that piece on the lower half of the door). I checked the car very carefully too, but it was kinda hard since it was pretty dirty at the time. I figured I couldn't do anything about it now, so I just lived w/ it. Then they sent me a customer satisfaction survey and I told them exactly what I was dissatisfied about. They didn't have to, but they had me come back in and had all the dings removed for me. They also replaced the plastic trim panel on the lower half of the door. I had checked on the pricing for this piece alone, and from what I can remember, it was like $300+ W/O paint. I was very pleased w/ this experience.

There service department is a completely different story. AT least maybe the parts guys. I bought Daizen sway bars from them (before I found out about CL). Asked how much install was, and they gave me some BS like $500. I still remember the parts guy saying that he just asked the tech and they said they would have to "remove everything in the back to put the rear sways on." BS. Glad I took it some where else. F@#*in rip off.

Sorry for the long post, and it might be too late, but STevens Creek sales side has been good for me.
Old 07-14-07, 08:30 AM
StevenC56
Driver

Originally Posted by PineGreen
Good luck w/ the purchase. Stevens Creek was where I got my 01 GS430 (CPO). Customer service (including follow up) was very good for me there. When I purchased the car, it was after a big rain, and the cars on the lot were not all washed yet. While doing the paperwork, they had the car washed and detailed. It wasn't until then that I noticed quite a few dings and a gouge on the plastic trim part on the door (that piece on the lower half of the door). I checked the car very carefully too, but it was kinda hard since it was pretty dirty at the time. I figured I couldn't do anything about it now, so I just lived w/ it. Then they sent me a customer satisfaction survey and I told them exactly what I was dissatisfied about. They didn't have to, but they had me come back in and had all the dings removed for me. They also replaced the plastic trim panel on the lower half of the door. I had checked on the pricing for this piece alone, and from what I can remember, it was like $300+ W/O paint. I was very pleased w/ this experience.

There service department is a completely different story. AT least maybe the parts guys. I bought Daizen sway bars from them (before I found out about CL). Asked how much install was, and they gave me some BS like $500. I still remember the parts guy saying that he just asked the tech and they said they would have to "remove everything in the back to put the rear sways on." BS. Glad I took it some where else. F@#*in rip off.

Sorry for the long post, and it might be too late, but STevens Creek sales side has been good for me.
Not too late. Thanks for the input. We are leaving right now. I'll let you all know what the outcome is when we return Monday PM from our trip.
Old 07-14-07, 12:22 PM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

Magnussen is the best

Not a big fan of the parts department, but service and sales are awesome

Quick Reply: Northern CA Dealer Information