Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

car show !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-07, 12:54 AM
lbz_s14720
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car show !!!!!

just wanted to let you guys know there is a big car show this weekend
and all of you are welcome to come or show your rides
from jdm classic to present heres more info on the event....
http://motoringjstyle.com/
Old 07-24-07, 07:23 AM
kokonutjc
Lead Lap

I'll be there ! !
Old 07-24-07, 09:33 PM
lbz_s14720
Rookie

Default show

ill be there also..............anyone else going come on guys ,show those super lexus pantie dropper cars and how norcal does it mannnnnnnn
Old 07-25-07, 08:59 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

i'll be there in my Supra...not the POS Lex
Old 07-26-07, 04:48 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This show has some unfortunate circumstances that have prevented or discouraged most of us from attending.

1. Event held on the same weekend as the San Jose Grand Prix, NHRA Drag Races in Sonoma and Gilroy Garlic Festival.

I know members, including myself that are attending one of these activities instead of going to this event. The first rule that LGWNorCal follows is we never hold a meet that conflicts with other major activites going on in the bay area on the same weekend, especially events that are automotive related. In the case of EOS6 coming up this year they actually planned the meet on Sunday, since HIN is on Saturday, knowing there are several Lexus cars driving up from SoCal, it actually encourages them to attend EOS on the following day. Again LGWNorCal is sensitive to other activities and even coordinates with SoCal members to minimize event conflicts.

2. They call this an all Japanese event, but have decided to charge cars newer than 1998 more money to attend, for what appears to be for no other reason than to discourage excessive newer model Japan Cars from attending.

If you look at the TORC event held recently in Long Beach you will note that this was also a Vintage Japanese car promotion, but the difference is they welcomed newer Japan cars with open arms. As a result, ClubLexus participated with 5 cars driving down from NorCal to attend and a total of well over 25 cars from ClubLexus in attendance.

3. Our friends over at JDM Theory also approached this event with proposing to enter their team of cars (including Lexus vehicles). The response from the promoter was again a negative one, in that they would be charged "more" to enter as a group.

Again, this event is sending the wrong message across which appears to be that making money is of more importance than actually promoting the Japan car community. LGWNorCal is all about supporting the community of people who own Lexus cars and additionally about supporting our Toyota/Lexus/Scion family as is the case with the BOS event, TORC and the upcoming Monterey Historic Activity. Jstyle does not appear to support this ethic.

Most of the "ACTIVE" meet going members in NorCal have been discussing this meet with each other for over 2 months now and considering all the above issues and more that I will not mention, most of us have decided not to attend.

My intention of posting these comments is not to slam this event or to tell others not to support it.

At the same time, for all the members who are new to the NorCal community I felt moved to explain why we are not feeling this event or what was not ideal with how the event was organized. We have one of the most active Lexus communities in the country, so I wanted it to be clear why there is so little response to this event by our veteran members who are very loyal and usually attend as many significant meets as possible. Also consider that for the past 5 years NorCal has held atleast 2 and often 3 or 4 events per year with 50+ cars in attendance and typically over 125 cars attending EOS. We do have ACTIVE members in NorCal, believe it.

I hope that next years Jstyle event will correct these issues and hope that we can consider attending next year.

Have fun for those who are attending and let us know how the event turns out.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-26-07 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-26-07, 05:11 PM
lbz_s14720
Rookie

Default show

i guess ...........whatever
Old 07-27-07, 06:47 PM
huNGjaii
Pole Position

Sup Luis,

Sorry I can't make it this weekend, SC is currently down for repairs at the body shop. Buddy of mines hit my rear quarter panel while backing out that drive way..haha. I should be in the city next weekend, I'll be sure to give you a call. Hope you have fun at the event, let me know how it went. Whats the word on the rear end? Ever find out what it was? Alright bro, talk to you soon.
Old 07-28-07, 10:26 PM
jimmyXthai
Lead Lap

i went, it was one of the best put together car shows in years, lots of old school toyotas and nissans with crazy swaps, drifting was cool, rally demo was sick, stop hating let them do their thing and you do yours
Old 07-29-07, 01:53 AM
dsp979
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jimmy, any pics?

I was gonna go but couldn't get the day off work. I'm a big old school fan (datsun 510s, 240Zs, 1971-74 celicas, rx3s, early lancers, FJ40s, Datsun Patrol). I also know a few of the Toyota guys running Honda S2K drivetrains.

I think the show was intended for more vintage Japanese iron, like the early TORC meets, hence the 'higher' entry fees for newer cars.

The 3rd annual Japanese Classic Car show is Oct. 6, at Queen Mary Park in Long Beach, for those with insatiable appetites for Japanese cars (like me).
Old 07-29-07, 10:01 AM
jimmyXthai
Lead Lap

4ag turbo in a lotus kit car driven by alex,

heres jsj gallery
http://jsjbrothers.com/gallery/album101

Last edited by jimmyXthai; 07-29-07 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-29-07, 11:12 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

I saw some of the pics. Looks like there were more cars than attendees?

Dunno about the hating part, but there was a lot of controversy echoing within the large enthusiast groups in the Bay Area as a whole and the organizer. Obviously this was all behind the scenes. Even me being in SoCal, I knew about what was happening. I've been involved with this industry and these communities for quite some time now. All I can say is, burning bridges early with the core enthusiast groups is not a good thing, especially when your target market and audience is part of and extended beyond the core enthusiats.

Last edited by flipside909; 07-29-07 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-29-07, 09:22 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

The Supras and NSX's went...we only paid $30 each and got 5 comp tickets back.