Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Lexus of Pleasanton?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-07, 11:12 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Lexus of Pleasanton?

I need to get my car checked and possible brake TSIB done.
What do you think of the service dept of this dealer ship?
Old 07-28-07, 01:09 PM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't heard anything about Pleasanton. Go to magnussen, I have had nothing but positive experiences with them.
Old 07-29-07, 01:18 AM
dsp979
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my car there and have gone there a few times, and other than a glass installer ripping an A-pillar trim while installing a new windshield, service has been OK.

I do know a member had one of his aftermarket JDM rims scratched and they sent it to a shop that did a bad job.
Old 07-29-07, 09:01 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

They curbed my aftermarket wheel and didn't fix it right. This happened when I went there to get the brake TSIB done. Jason Vaughn was the SA that hired that incompetent wheel guy. He never even returned any of my voicemails and e-mails. Ken Pletcher (service manager) is a standup guy. He was very responsive to my e-mails/phone calls and was willing to do anything so that I'm happy. Wheel Techniques did the best they could to fix the wheel but cannot make it look exactly like the others. BTW regarding the brake TSIB, no issues.

Last edited by Flipsonic; 07-29-07 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-29-07, 11:09 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

If they give me a loaner I think going to Fremont is not a big deal, what do you think? I need to drop by Automall tint for a minor thing anyway.
Old 07-29-07, 12:04 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Stock4AG
If they give me a loaner I think going to Fremont is not a big deal, what do you think? I need to drop by Automall tint for a minor thing anyway.
Call ahead and talk to an advisor, and they can set one aside for you.
Old 07-30-07, 10:22 PM
chiu_888
Driver School Candidate

Lexus of Pleasanton is a horrible place.....they have a a sales team that is nice but their service dept is horrible. I had paid for that service package they offer and they still wanted to charge me for my services that were all covered in the package. I also had paid for the touch of class which they never applied and they noted it in their system, so i decided to cancel the package and they were supposed to refund me for it and its been 3 years now and i still haven't seen a refund...........

CarLin
Old 08-07-07, 09:05 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Flipsonic
They curbed my aftermarket wheel and didn't fix it right. This happened when I went there to get the brake TSIB done. Jason Vaughn was the SA that hired that incompetent wheel guy. He never even returned any of my voicemails and e-mails. Ken Pletcher (service manager) is a standup guy. He was very responsive to my e-mails/phone calls and was willing to do anything so that I'm happy. Wheel Techniques did the best they could to fix the wheel but cannot make it look exactly like the others. BTW regarding the brake TSIB, no issues.
Back then they curbed one of my wheel, they didn't admit it was their fault. It was not that major, but I know I have never curbed it, so I fight for getting it fixed and it could never match the rest of my other 3 wheels, so they paid for a new wheel. After awhile, I went back again since I live down the street and I though they would learn better. And guess what... they curbed the exact the wheel again, I was all pissed off and try to ask for another replacement. Ken Pletcher, he was somehow racist from the way he talked to me, yea I am an asian and I was twenty years old. He told me to leave and asked me not to go back again. Worst Service manager ever PERIOD, and I still dont get how did they curb my wheels like that.

I would never go back to Lexus of Pleasanton. I dont care how its easy to just dive 5mins down the street, I would rather just drive further to get service done.

Ken Pletcher, I would never forget how he insulted me right in front of the service center. NOT A STANDUP GUY AT ALL!

Sorry...everytime when people ask about Lexus of Plesanton, I will get all pissed off.

Last edited by GS400kid; 08-07-07 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-12-07, 10:33 PM
DrexLex
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Bought my car there, bought the service package, never paid a cent for any service-- and they never asked for anything. They did the brake TSIB at 20k without a blink. I get a loaner every time I ask for it. The one problem I had-- they chipped my wheel usinge the impact wrench for the lugnuts. I couldn't prove it.
Old 08-13-07, 07:53 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Originally Posted by GS400kid
Back then they curbed one of my wheel, they didn't admit it was their fault. It was not that major, but I know I have never curbed it, so I fight for getting it fixed and it could never match the rest of my other 3 wheels, so they paid for a new wheel. After awhile, I went back again since I live down the street and I though they would learn better. And guess what... they curbed the exact the wheel again, I was all pissed off and try to ask for another replacement. Ken Pletcher, he was somehow racist from the way he talked to me, yea I am an asian and I was twenty years old. He told me to leave and asked me not to go back again. Worst Service manager ever PERIOD, and I still dont get how did they curb my wheels like that.

I would never go back to Lexus of Pleasanton. I dont care how its easy to just dive 5mins down the street, I would rather just drive further to get service done.

Ken Pletcher, I would never forget how he insulted me right in front of the service center. NOT A STANDUP GUY AT ALL!

Sorry...everytime when people ask about Lexus of Plesanton, I will get all pissed off.
I guess others have different experience with Ken. I have nothing bad to say about him since he was very helpful. But based on my entire experience and after reading the posts here, I will take my car somewhere else in the future. Keep in mind, this can happen anywhere as long as they let careless drivers drive our cars. From here on, I will leave a note on the steering wheel with my instructions as a reminder to be careful. That's the only way to be proactive.
Old 08-19-07, 08:50 PM
ThiZZicS
Driver School Candidate

i hate lexus of pleasanton!!!!! i think some of the sales reps are racist....they give the crappiest lexus experience ever!! oakland lexus and magnussens lexus ROCKS!!!
Old 08-19-07, 11:12 PM
Pineapple

Report all these incidents to corporate (Lexus). Demand that they get to the bottom of this.
Old 08-20-07, 03:20 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Pineapple
Report all these incidents to corporate (Lexus). Demand that they get to the bottom of this.
Even my incident happened like more 2 years ago, but I am still more than happy to see it happen.
My other bad experience was on Jan, me and my dad was shopping a new car for my sister. We almost bought a IS250, since all the ****ty experience and attitude, we walked next door bought a 07 G35 instead. I hate ****ers like that, I have the money and I dont even give you attitudes. Sorry... I hate Lexus of Pleasanton pretty badly...hahahaha
Old 08-20-07, 03:36 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GS400kid
Even my incident happened like more 2 years ago, but I am still more than happy to see it happen.
My other bad experience was on Jan, me and my dad was shopping a new car for my sister. We almost bought a IS250, since all the ****ty experience and attitude, we walked next door bought a 07 G35 instead. I hate ****ers like that, I have the money and I dont even give you attitudes. Sorry... I hate Lexus of Pleasanton pretty badly...hahahaha
you should try the one at concord...they offer pretty good deals....
Old 08-21-07, 04:17 AM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kickin8
you should try the one at concord...they offer pretty good deals....
When we were buying it, they didnt have anything in stock and the deal we got for the G35 was still better. Not trying to bash or talk crap about the IS, the G35 is just a better everyday car, more leg room in the back and its cheaper than IS350.

Anyhow....STAY AWAY FROM LEXUS OF PLEASANTON!

Quick Reply: Lexus of Pleasanton?