Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

NorCal members attend THE ULTIMATE IS-F Driving Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-07, 01:13 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Jawnthen! (side note, do you have more pics of your car? I'd love to see more. I really like the black part of the paint job on the hood and roof )
Hameed,
If I didn't have to sleep tonight to go to the races tomorrow I would finish my article on my car. There's a lot more black I'll send you some hi-res pics on email but I promise to have the post/writeup/pics soon.
Old 08-17-07, 11:07 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jawnthen
Oh yeah the IS-F video is no longer on my site. Its where its supposed to be now.
http://www.lgwnorcal.net/videos/index.html#null
I clicked that link and wasn't able to find anything unfortunately.

Ended up seeing the burn out on youtube.com. I've been itching for a new ride - might be an IS-F.
Old 08-17-07, 01:50 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How in the hell did I miss out on this??? How were the people selected?
Old 08-17-07, 02:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_r_
How in the hell did I miss out on this??? How were the people selected?
as a start, 46k posts

j/k, read post 33 by rmmgs4. participation and willingness to contribute is the key
Old 08-18-07, 09:42 AM
Yegor_khv
Driver

whaaatttt??? How in the hell did i miss that?????
Old 08-18-07, 12:58 PM
Yogi_TRD
Driver School Candidate

So, I got a couple pictures to share with comments about the car and event. Should I wait for an "official" thead on this or just toss them in?

BTW, it was good to see all you guys again.

Last edited by Yogi_TRD; 08-18-07 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-18-07, 10:27 PM
al7ezza
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yogi_TRD
So, I got a couple pictures to share with comments about the car and event. Should I wait for an "official" thead on this or just toss them in?

Hey, I think you should hold on to it before the "Autolies" folks steal it... It turns out they also stole my photos and watermarked them with its gay AutoLies watermark. I am surprise they watermark it even my "copyright stuff was there... "

Any recommendations? Should I contact them and remove it from their site?
Old 08-18-07, 11:17 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by al7ezza
Hey, I think you should hold on to it before the "Autolies" folks steal it... It turns out they also stole my photos and watermarked them with its gay AutoLies watermark. I am surprise they watermark it even my "copyright stuff was there... "

Any recommendations? Should I contact them and remove it from their site?
I would contact them, but you can thank one of your fellow CL members for posting all the stuff there without permission!!!! Makes me want to not post all my vids and pics. Maybe I'll put a fat watermark right in the middle of the pic obstructing the view!!!! For those of you who want more pics/videos you have one person to thank as the reason why people are not posting up anymore.
Old 08-19-07, 08:13 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Yogi_TRD

Hey Ray! Please share your comments.
Old 08-19-07, 05:14 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

Screw the new IS-F...I wanna drive the LF-A. IS-F is too slow.
Old 08-21-07, 06:03 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
I would contact them, but you can thank one of your fellow CL members for posting all the stuff there without permission!!!! Makes me want to not post all my vids and pics. Maybe I'll put a fat watermark right in the middle of the pic obstructing the view!!!! For those of you who want more pics/videos you have one person to thank as the reason why people are not posting up anymore.
Actually there were a couple of people I know who dispersed the video. I understand there was no ill intent so moving forward, the future video releases will be "protected" as best we can.

So what's happening and why no new video release yet?

Well for the past three days the LGWNorCal staff has been working on our options to best protect our videos. Some testing is going on and we are trying to make the videos as hack proof as possible.

Nothing is impenetrable, but we will do what we can to minimize video piracy.
As a result, there will be a delay in the next release of videos.

I have viewed several of the videos. Lots of cool footage, both in the car, interviews with the test driver, drag race between an IS350 and IS-F, etc.

So all I can tell you is they will be worth the wait.

Optomistically, I see the first releases coming towards the end of this week.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks for you patience.
Old 08-21-07, 06:36 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Read our Upcoming Events thread, attend some LGWNorCal meets, become an active member, contribute to the local community by responding on our NorCal section, etc. Attending meets will get you on our e-mail list.

We have been a very tight knit group over the years. Any members who have been recently active would of had an opportunity to attend this.

I sent e-mails out to about 100+ people to attend the Monterey Historic event happening tomorrow through Sunday. Many local members are going back to Laguna Seca tomorrow for that event.

This IS-F event held yesterday is just an extention activity of the meet that we are going to attend tomorrow.

Here's that other meet thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=286588

I thought I'd add that the IS-F demo was a Lexus Corporate activity in which LGWNorCal was asked to facilitate the invite to members on their behalf, of which we were limited to ONLY invite 25 people.

As with our own LGWNorCal organized events, we would typically extend an invite to all on the forums, but because of the limitation set by Lexus, it became quite a dilemma for us to figure out who to invite and what would be the most fair way to prioritize the order of the invite.

As invites were sent out, when there were regrets to the RSVP, the invite would then go to the next people on the list until the 25 slots were filled.

If you responded to the invite to the Monterey Historics, PM'd me to attend the Historics as posted on the Event thread, then you were eligible for this activity.

Other ways to get on the list was if you attended any LGWNorCal event this year or attended previous EOS events, you were also eligible.

Do note that we usually take e-mail addresses at our meets which was the ONLY way you would of been contacted. Attending these activities but NOT signing in your e-mail would not get you on the list.

I do apologize that there were people on the above qualification list that still were not invited, since the available slots eventually filled.

An interesting note is that members such as 4Grainr (Arizona), yogi_TRD (Las Vegas), EDFSD (San Diego) and GSAristo (LosAngeles) were eligible because they attended LGWNorCal Sponsored events in the past, even though they are not technically from NorCal, (which was not a requirement).

For those that met the qualifications I described, but were not invited I do appreciate your understanding of this difficult situation.

Keep an eye out for the Montery Historic Event when it comes around next year. You might want to join us as "You Never Know" what good may come to those who attend.
Old 08-21-07, 06:57 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think I got an e-mail. I was at last year's EOS event. Oh well.

It's been a while since I've played with Flash and if I remember correctly, you can import a movie and then lighten up the file size and export the file as a .SWF file with a watermark or whatever you wish.

Might want to do that.

c.
Old 08-21-07, 07:44 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by cliffud
I don't think I got an e-mail. I was at last year's EOS event. Oh well.

It's been a while since I've played with Flash and if I remember correctly, you can import a movie and then lighten up the file size and export the file as a .SWF file with a watermark or whatever you wish.

Might want to do that.

c.
Clifford, Perfect example of a regretable non-invite. Sorry, I just provided the e-mail addresses, but the final priority list was not determined by me.

Yeah, we are playing with Flash and testing it out. We are also having some technical difficulties, so it gets more complicated than it appears.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-21-07 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-21-07, 11:25 PM
al7ezza
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
I DID contact Autolies in regards to the issue....

Honestly, I do not mind people using my photos... as long as they credit me or photo courtesy something....

Last edited by lightwave76; 08-22-07 at 07:16 AM. Reason: private information removed

Quick Reply: NorCal members attend THE ULTIMATE IS-F Driving Experience